£100 DT (T&T)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale: £100 DT (T&T)
(16-11-2014, 11:18 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: This 'bargain' is turning into more hassle than first thought, hey? :p

What you gonna do with everything you have two of? This is 100% going to end in money making, which is a shame but hey as you say.. You're buying it, it's yours!

You just may have trouble selling parts, as people may be reluctant out of principal..

I.understand people might be pissed off that's why I'm happy to offer up the shell so it can live on, but seen as "no one will do any thing with a 5 door" it might end up getting scrapped if that's the case, but it will get offered out either way. As for more hassle than its worth its not really any hassle for me at all.

(16-11-2014, 11:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's just a car tbh, and now a scruffy one as well...I didn't even recognise it first time I saw this thread!

Surely the memory of Rob and the car when it was decent (as pictured above) is much better than trying to keep this aging 306 hanging on past its prime?

I think they will be different opinions on it but I do think it'd take a fair bit to get back to its former glory.

Thanks given by:
Rolling chassis for FCS Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My issue is that I was under the impression that it was being sold at a bargain price due to its history, as just sticking it on ebay with no reserve would have netted at least £300 without even breaking a sweat.

And who's ordering you around? All I'm saying is it would perhaps be "dis-tasteful" to be making a profit out of something under these conditions.

If all the seller wants is a quick sale for £100 and isn't selling cheap due to the circumstances then fair enough, I've got the wrong end of the stick, but the fact that the seller has referred to Rob in the original post perhaps suggests otherwise.
Thanks given by:
Tbh if i was selling it, and someone wanted to break it, id put it on eBay and as sam said, get triple the money..
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 11:32 PM)Sambarker Wrote: My issue is that I was under the impression that it was being sold at a bargain price due to its history, as just sticking it on ebay with no reserve would have netted at least £300 without even breaking a sweat.

And who's ordering you around? All I'm saying is it would perhaps be "dis-tasteful" to be making a profit out of something under these conditions.

If all the seller wants is a quick sale for £100 and isn't selling cheap due to the circumstances then fair enough, I've got the wrong end of the stick, but the fact that the seller has referred to Rob in the original post perhaps suggests otherwise.

I can only go off the short conversation I've had with the seller, that it was offered out to admin there's no takers, he's selling it because he needs something better to drive to and from his job in, and I explained that my plans are to brake the car for its engine and he is happy with that, I explained this because I do understand the background of the car but I don't want any hard feelings about it between me and the seller and if he wasn't happy with me doing that I wouldn't be buying it.

That's the end of the matter from me, I'll be in touch with the seller tomorrow to pick it up if he still wants to sell it me and if he doesn't I'd completely understand.

Thanks given by:
I'm not gonna kick off, I would have bought it to break myself though but I thought it was in bad taste...... Maybe I got wrong end of the stick, dunno.
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
End of the day if sellers happy for him to purchase it then he can do what he wants with it. I'd be breaking it if I bought it.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 01:11 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: I'm not gonna kick off, I would have bought it to break myself though but I thought it was in bad taste...... Maybe I got wrong end of the stick, dunno.

Seconded.

I think it speaks a lot for the actions behind it.

Lets hope that everyone is understanding Chris!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
This car needs to be restored to its former glory. Sad don't break it Chris

Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 10:31 AM)Grant Wrote:
(17-11-2014, 01:11 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: I'm not gonna kick off, I would have bought it to break myself though but I thought it was in bad taste...... Maybe I got wrong end of the stick, dunno.

Seconded.

I think it speaks a lot for the actions behind it.

Lets hope that everyone is understanding Chris!

I don't think ever one will be understanding tbh I do understand it'll piss people off, but I've said my bit on it and I made sure the current owner is happy for me to brake it. A fourm member has expressed interest in the shell so that be spoken for now once i have the engine.

That's the end of the matter from me as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks given by:
I'm not going to start an argument, so this is not directed at any one individual.

For me i would have kept it whole, in best faith and memory, as intended. If I was to purchase the car to break, i would ensure that:

-All parties involved were unanimously in agreement
-Any profit was offered to either a charity of the families choice, or the clubs that said late member belonged to, to invest in stuff that can benefit the community, and thus the memory can live on
-No personal gain was made what-so-ever.

To buy a car at such a cheap price (a price which is that low due to the circumstances), to then gain from it, to me just feels like robbing from charity. Not saying that this will happen. Just how my approach to the situation would be.

I'm sure you will act with best intentions Chris.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
As I've said before and I'll say again nothing will be sold for a profit! The shell will be going for free and I'll be keep the engine and various bits I want as spares for my self. I something was to happen and I was to sell bits off this paticular car then I WILL donate any profit (once i have my £100 back) that to what every charity is open for the ex owner of the car. This will most probably be donated over on. .net tho as I'm told that's were he was the member of all tho Ive not looked in to that so I'd need too look.

I will stress that I will make no money out of this what so ever! And I've not done it to make money I've done it for bits for my self and that was it.

Thanks given by:
Fair play Chris, lets hope it stays that way out of respect for Rob.

He would have wanted it to have been enjoyed, it would have been nice to put it back exactly how it was in that photo but realistically it probably needed too much work.
Thanks given by:
I'd just like to not once I've I said I will brake this make loads of profit and keep it for my self, people (mainly Sam) have jumped on me and assumed with out asking, making me to be the bad man, I understand it's not what you guys wanna see it being broken but realistically it's not gonna be around for ever and looks and seems in a sorry state now.

Thanks given by:
Even if you were to sell any of it and make a profit on any of it I don't think you would have been stupid enough to publicise it.

I'm sorry if you think I've been arsey towards you, I just got the impression that you were exploiting it a little bit and the car could have been used better than what you have planned

Like you say it's your choice and i now respect that, and if you do what you have said with regards to giving the shell away, and donating any profits then that's fine with me.

Let's all be friends again!
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 12:14 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Even if you were to sell any of it and make a profit on any of it I don't think you would have been stupid enough to publicise it.

I'm sorry if you think I've been arsey towards you, I just got the impression that you were exploiting it a little bit and the car could have been used better than what you have planned

Like you say it's your choice and i now respect that, and if you do what you have said with regards to giving the shell away, and donating any profits then that's fine with me.

Let's all be friends again!

I will grantee any parts that come for sale off this car (if any do) will be for sale openly on this group and. .net (if some one posts them on.there for me) i will not be seen to be stealing from a charity I'm certainly not that type of person! Unfortunately I don't no many of you that we'll but for the few people that do no me well on here will know for certain I'm not that type of person and more than willing to help the charity and not rip any one off.

Let's leave it at that no point dragging it out.

Thanks given by:
What do you need an engine for chris? Dont you already have one?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 07:43 AM)Tom Wrote: What do you need an engine for chris? Dont you already have one?

I have one in the car yes but if that goes bang I have no back up plan.

Anyway I picked this up yesterday, first impressions when I pulled up was omg so glad o didn't pay more than £100 for its looking very VERY sorry for its self and needs a fair amount of tlc to get it back up to and Ok standard again. Anyway sorted the paperwork jumped in drove 2 miles to the nearest shop so could get a drink, and I fell in love (I have no idea why) there's loads of problems, rev gauge don't work, boost gauge not plumbed in, big knock from back end, looks like injectors leaking (could be old fluid round them not sure but don't look right any way) any way loads of problems but I really do like it.

Got it home tried to fit it on my single drive with my other project on there (Picasso 1.6 hdi) and had know hope was sticking off then end, so I've took it round to my sisters and put it on here front garden (slopping down hill wet grass) so got it on and instantly got it stuck so it'll be staying there for a bit till I can either get this Picasso fished asap or find a long term place to store it and keep it safe. If I carnt do either of thelse then the original plan of braking will continue to happen.

I have put the missus car up for sale so temporarily she can run the zx and I can run the 306 till the Picasso done then she will be having that.

So if any one wants to buy a 2007 Fiat grande punto 1.2 55,000miles 9 month mot £1,500ovno please let me no Wink

Thanks given by:
Would of loved this to put back into comission

Thanks given by:
bit late now lol chris dosnt own it anymore and i believe its now been broke/ scraped
Thanks given by:
It's in bits getting crused Tuesday hate away!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
At least the parts will get some good use, car was a bit of a nail by all accounts ...
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's getting crushed? Ouch
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yup getting crushed Tuesday

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Funny how I got shot down in flames because I wanted engine out of it, and now dannys braking it that's fine Undecided

Thanks given by:
(20-12-2014, 06:57 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Funny how I got shot down in flames because I wanted engine out of it, and now dannys braking it that's fine Undecided

He has a point
Thanks given by:
Glad it's not only me and Chris that think it then.

If people want to hate at me crack on, it won't change the outcome admin had the
Chance to step up but didn't now it's come into my hands it's fate is Sealed

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
But did anyone know it had been moved on again? Unless I missed something, this is the first I've seen about it being sold on since chris having it. Don't make it out to be something against chris when it isnt
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well the last 2 pages are basically negative comments towards Chris unless I've read a different thread to everyone else

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Oh you little rascal Danny.

Better? Smile
Thanks given by: