£100 DT (T&T)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale: £100 DT (T&T)
This was Rob Fielding's original 306, I've had it for a couple of years now.
It has a couple of days MOT left and is currently taxed, so can be driven home.

The original build thread is here

Spec:

Engine
.Citroen xantia 1.9dturbo engine
.T2 turbo @ 21Psi
.FMIC
.Boost gauge
.Fueling increased
.Green cotton air filter
.Air con removed
.Decat pipe
.Various bits sprayed pepper white.

Body
.Door rub strips removed
.Top bumper lines smoothed
.Smooth bonnet and grill
.Crystal headlights
.Smooth boot
.Rear panel seams smoothed (under rear lights)
.Rear arches rolled and flared
.Roof sprayed pepper white
.Body is solid burgundy red (RAL3004)

.Chequer plate leather interior from a meridian estate.
.Jeagermeister headliner

[Image: 1_zps5dd4b1cc.jpg]
[Image: 2_zps3b006d36.jpg]

Old Engine bay shot, it's a fair bit grubbier now!

[Image: 2wp5nqp-1.jpg]
[Image: 4_zps48dd03cb.jpg]
[Image: 3_zps9181374a.jpg]

It's failed it's MOT on a few bits, see pic.
I think the handbrake cable is hanging a little low as well.

The tracking is abit out, it pulls slightly to the right.
The rear ARB needs stripping, cleaning up and rebuilding as it currently isn't fitted right and knocks against the beam.
The drivers door loom needs repair, the central locking currently isn't working.
The engine needs a good service, and the aux belt replacing as it squeels.
The drivers door could do with re-hanging as well as it clunks when it's opened.
I'm fairly sure the Thermostat has been removed, the engine usually sits around 70-80 on a cruise.
The stock rad fans have been removed, replaced with a slimline electric fan. It's on a manual switch, a red button by the drivers right leg. The fan won't auto-engage like stock tho!
The boot popper button is on the right by the ignition key, the solenoid is out of whack and it takes about 20 presses to pop the boot open.
Thanks given by:
you honestly selling this for 100 quid? . . . i'm so local to you, if i bought it it would be to break probably though . . Sad
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Guys some of you may not know the story behind this car unless you are still active on .net. Rob was a regular member on .net and was a big part of the community but last year, unfortunately he died in a car crash. .Net did a lot in his memorial but it would be fantastic to see this car carry on in the forum circles in his memory. r3k1355 has been very kind here and is selling the car very cheap so i hope someone here will buy it!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Worth it for the engine alone!

Robs cabby was gorgeous, poor lad.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 07:51 PM)Niall Wrote: Guys some of you may not know the story behind this car unless you are still active on .net. Rob was a regular member on .net and was a big part of the community but last year, unfortunately he died in a car crash. .Net did a lot in his memorial but it would be fantastic to see this car carry on in the forum circles in his memory. r3k1355 has been very kind here and is selling the car very cheap so i hope someone here will buy it!

yeah this^^^^^^ looking at the fail sheet there's not much needs doing really, would be a good car for someone, fmic, Bosch and T2 . . .that's fun right there . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Where are you?

Just seen on mot certificate your Sheffield way? Bit far for me Sad this is a bargain for someone though.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
What a buy!!

Fyi, tax doesnt swap to new owner
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'll have it, Pm'ed you.

Thanks given by:
It would be a crime for someone to buy this to break/try and make money out of, obviously it's being sold cheap because of the circumstances of the car. Deserves restoring really

In its glory

[Image: 0fdbc9eb65d2d4bcdb0099db09903b66.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You could've at least washed it during your ownership... Confused
Thanks given by:
Sold, I'll be collecting this tomorrow or Tuesday Smile

Thanks given by:
Not to break i hope!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
although it has sentimentality...it looks a bit rough

I wouldn't blame Chris for breaking it for bits!

(Dibs on the green cotton filter!!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Chris you do realise if anything but restoration happens you will have a lifetime ban.. This isn't just a start a project & sell after a month!
Thanks given by:
Chris if you decide to break this let me know as it doesnt deserve that, i met rob a few times amd he was such a sound bloke, unfortunatly i couldnt make the funeral due to work but now on .net theres an award in his name thats handed out at every fcs

If you restore it and i hope you do please put a thread up there aswell as its something thats close to few of us
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
I hope it doesnt turn out like your other cars chris lol
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 10:04 PM)Piggy Wrote: although it has sentimentality...it looks a bit rough

I wouldn't blame Chris for breaking it for bits!

(Dibs on the green cotton filter!!)

I may have got the wrong end of the stick but when i was contacted about this, the idea of it being sold so cheap was that it was continued on as a memory. He could get more than £100 to take it to a scrappy!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
At least if it was not going to be saved, it could be broken up properly, with things being sold for good prices, and perhaps all the funds go into something for the club in Robs memory. I also met Rob quite a few times, traded wheels etc and he was a top bloke.

It could go into the pot for us to get stuff for FCS next year to try and win 'club of the year'

Just a suggestion.
Thanks given by:
I've made my intentions clear to the owner and he's happy, I belive it's been offered out to admin with no takes hence it being for sale.

Thanks given by:
It would be nice if it was restored, but ultimately it does need someone to want to put the work in.
I have put a fair amount of work into it keeping it going along, but I've not got the time/money/enthusiasm these days Sad

(16-11-2014, 10:27 PM)Sambarker Wrote: At least if it was not going to be saved, it could be broken up properly, with things being sold for good prices, and perhaps all the funds go into something for the club in Robs memory. I also met Rob quite a few times, traded wheels etc and he was a top bloke.

It could go into the pot for us to get stuff for FCS next year to try and win 'club of the year'

Just a suggestion.
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 10:30 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: I've made my intentions clear to the owner and he's happy, I belive it's been offered out to admin with no takes hence it being for sale.

What are your intentions?
Thanks given by:
I would have bought it and stripped it for the club, I'm not far from Sheffield and have plenty of space for it.

It would be a shame to strip it, but that way people get to share bits of his car in a way!

I mean realistically there is:

£80 min in wheels
£80 min in bosch setup
£20 in turbo
£40 in manifold
£50 in FMIC and rest of pipework
£70 in engine/box
£40 in back axle
£20 in headlights
£40 in interior

And after all that probably £60 just for the bare shell as scrap

So that's realistically £500.

£500 that could go towards a gazebo/bbq/flags/banners/flyers/clothing etc
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 10:31 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(16-11-2014, 10:30 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: I've made my intentions clear to the owner and he's happy, I belive it's been offered out to admin with no takes hence it being for sale.

To remove the engine and parts for my self then possibly offer the car out as a rolling shell for hopefully some one to continue on with, but I have no plans on making profit from the car I only want it for bits for my self

Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 10:45 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(16-11-2014, 10:31 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:

To remove the engine and parts for my self then possibly offer the car out as a rolling shell for hopefully some one to continue on with, but I have no plans on making profit from the car I only want it for bits for my self

So basically remove anything of any value then, as I can't remember the last time anyone did anything with a 5 door shell.

Fair enough
Thanks given by:
:/ .
Thanks given by:
Again I seem to post this alot over these last couple of days I don't need to explain my self to you or anyone!

The end of the day a car has come up for sale I'm buying it, I do completely understand it has sentimental value to it, but in real terms it's a french box with a few shines on it. If the owner is happy to sell it to me with my intentions explained then that's that.

Unfortunately I never met or known of the person who used to own this and Im sorry for his loss of life.

That's my input and that's all I have to say I'm picking it up tomorrow or Tuesday. If any one wants to express any intrest in the shell then feel free but I'll be on a very tight time frame as it'll be at a mates work shop.

Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 11:02 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Again I seem to post this alot over these last couple of days I don't need to explain my self to you or anyone!

The end of the day a car has come up for sale I'm buying it, I do completely understand it has sentimental value to it, but in real terms it's a french box with a few shines on it. If the owner is happy to sell it to me with my intentions explained then that's that.

Unfortunately I never met or known of the person who used to own this and Im sorry for his loss of life.

That's my input and that's all I have to say I'm picking it up tomorrow or Tuesday. If any one wants to express any intrest in the shell then feel free but I'll be on a very tight time frame as it'll be at a mates work shop.

I have no problem with this.

Let's just hope none of this stuff comes up for sale in the next 12 months when you inevitably decide to sell up.

/my2pence
Thanks given by:
This 'bargain' is turning into more hassle than first thought, hey? :p

What you gonna do with everything you have two of? This is 100% going to end in money making, which is a shame but hey as you say.. You're buying it, it's yours!

You just may have trouble selling parts, as people may be reluctant out of principal..
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 11:12 PM)Sambarker Wrote:
(16-11-2014, 11:02 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Again I seem to post this alot over these last couple of days I don't need to explain my self to you or anyone!

I have no problem with this.

Let's just hope none of this stuff comes up for sale in the next 12 months when you inevitably decide to sell up.

/my2pence

And what's it matter if I choose to sell up? What does that have to do with you or any one else? I will be the rightful owner off all the parts/car, it's completely up to me what I do and I don't have to take orders off of know one!

I just want to say I'm not avoiding the fact it used to be owned by some one close to some people's harts on here then if that's the case why didn't they buy it?

As far as I see it I'm buying a car for my self I do with it as i please.

Thanks given by:
It's just a car tbh, and now a scruffy one as well...I didn't even recognise it first time I saw this thread!

Surely the memory of Rob and the car when it was decent (as pictured above) is much better than trying to keep this aging 306 hanging on past its prime?
Thanks given by: