Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi all. New to this forum although have been having a look around for a couple of weeks. Have 2l hdi 306 estate which we have had for a good few years with very few problems really. Have had a few pugs in the past, 205, 1.4 petrol 306 hatchback, 306 sedan, and now the 306 estate. Originally from Hull and now living Cambs.
Thanks given by:
Welcome! Do you do much work on the cars yourself?
Thanks given by:
Thanks, yes do 95% of the work myself. Seem to spend most of my life fixing cars ( with help from forums like this ). If it's not one of mine it's someone in the family or a neighbour or friend. Think I need to get rid of a few cars to be honest.
Thanks given by:
Welcome! So whats your intentions with the car? Is it just something to get you from A to B or will you be putting your personal touch on it? Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hi, the car is mainly a workhorse now. Mrs has used it as family car for a few years now, but i needed an estate to shift all my tools and bits of my other cars about so she allowed me to have it. It cost me a mercedes though!!!. Main thing is to keep the car reliable but there shall be a few improvements made along the way. The next additions shall be a couple of working lights, diesel fed pre heater ( these are great ), de cat the exhaust and maybe a stiffer suspension. As I run a few of my other cars on home made diesel I shall be looking at running this on it as well. But I have heard conflicting stories about doing this so we shall see.
Thanks given by:
Im by no means a diesel expert so I'm sure ill be corrected here but I'm sure the HDi already has a diesel pre heater?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hello and Welcome!
Thanks given by:
Niall, that's not the sort of heater I meant. I have on one of my other cars a diesel run heater to preheat the car. I can set the heater so it shall come on when it gets below a certain temperature at certain times. So when everyone is scraping their windscreens and demisting in the morning I get into a pre-warmed car with clear windows. Apparently I can also set it to come on from my mobile phone but i haven't worked that bit out yet.

Hi, jamespt
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 05:16 PM)wallis6428 Wrote: Niall, that's not the sort of heater I meant. I have on one of my other cars a diesel run heater to preheat the car. I can set the heater so it shall come on when it gets below a certain temperature at certain times. So when everyone is scraping their windscreens and demisting in the morning I get into a pre-warmed car with clear windows. Apparently I can also set it to come on from my mobile phone but i haven't worked that bit out yet.

Hi, jamespt
Lots of people in germany have them as its illegal to run car when sitting at home to defrost. Would probably be a good idea for veg runners in the winter too
[URL][/URL]
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Welcome nice to see a local ish owner Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by: