pulley and air con removal feedback

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pulley and air con removal feedback
hi dudes, lovely sunny day here today........

could members who have fitted non standard crank pullies and not using the aircon length drive belt report back with their findings........from memory the drive belt needed when not involving the air con pump is an 1150??????

feedback greatly appreciated..........

also does anyone have there 2l hdi cam box cover off at the moment as I would like to see the underside of the cover before I remove ours........

could a member come back with the part numbers for the head to crankcase oil return hose and the short cam cover to inlet manifold hose please Heart

I noticed on here that a Peugeot dealer? could source the security "card" info and "red key"....?

our local dealer? some 60miles away are right knobs and say that our pug ( 1999/2000 ) is toooo old??

all help greatly appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Running a 406 hdi pulley from gsf with a 6pk 1173 belt, never slipped, squealed or missed a beat mate
Thanks given by:
Dr_Jekyll has the belt you want right there. The most popular swap is the 307 HDi pulley, like this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-307-2-...4adfdc658d. I'd buy new though, can get them for £40, i bought a cheap ebay one and am yet to see issues after running it for about 30k.

Will see if i can get a pic of the underside of a cam cover later.

I've got a new one of the head - crankcase returns in the garage, will get the part number off that for you too. You can get part numbers off servicebox, i think there's a forum login, failing that you can just make one for yourself.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I kept the standard pulley and used an 1185 belt with AC removal. Didn't even notice it tbh, certainly didn't slip or anything! Not sure if the 307 pulley is any smaller though.

[Image: IMAG3538_zpsdd7a6a1f.jpg]

The cam covers are a bit of a pain to come off, but once the top one is off (you'll probably break something or end up popping the brake fluid res of the MC lol) then the others follow easily. I don't have an underside pic though.

Head to block hose - 1192 R5 - £18.32
Head to inlet hose - 1192 T4 - £9.26

Do you have a red key? You should probably be on a Fiat forum if that's the case... lol But yeah, the dealer should be able to get your keycode (for a price!), or there are people online that can get them.
Thanks given by:
The 307 pulley has a 4mm smaller diameter than the standard item iirc, so ~8mm less belt length required. Tbf a longer belt will be fine as long as the manual tensioner can take up all the slack before the autotensioner is released.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
[attachment=20178]
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh, I thought he meant cambelt cover!
Thanks given by:
He may well have done lol, i just couldn't think of anything else he might meant hat it'd actually be helpful to see the underside of.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 06:32 AM)Poodle Wrote: He may well have done lol, i just couldn't think of anything else he might meant hat it'd actually be helpful to see the underside of.

just seen the pic of underneath the cam cover........on the lhs of the pic, does a wire mesh screenfit over the squareish web, and the tang with the hole keep it in place.........

tom that set up looks good, any alt pulley/belt  slipping??
Thanks given by:
Not that i've ever seen, no.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wasn't any slipping in the few months I drove it! You'll have to ask Toseland what its like now though as I no longer own it lol.
Thanks given by:
Not sure what 'Red Key' is but I have today had a key cut for mine to act as a spare, £45 from Express Auto Keys in Sevenoaks. The just took my key, cut and coded a new one in 20 mins
Mechanic in the 90's
Chef in the noughties
Now just pissing about with catering
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Tool Did You Use? Crankshaft Pulley Bolt Removal td163 31 10,926 02-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Last Post: td163
  Jammapic Re-Map feedback HDi Dave 17 3,706 12-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jammapic