New car talk (finance) - worth it?

Poll: Simply; to get the 208gti 30th ed.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yay
47.83%
11 47.83%
Nay
52.17%
12 52.17%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New car talk (finance) - worth it?
To be honest if I was getting a brand new car I'd go for something similar. When you have a choice why would you be a sheep with the fiesta St I know it's a good car but sometimes different is better.
For example back in the day why would you choose a Rallye over a GTI6 when buying new because its a bit different.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
I'd never have bought a Rallye back in the day...I'd have had the cheaper '6 in a colour I wanted with the toys I wanted... lol I just don't understand the thing with people wanting to be unique on the road... lol
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 07:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd never have bought a Rallye back in the day...I'd have had the cheaper '6 in a colour I wanted with the toys I wanted... lol I just don't understand the thing with people wanting to be unique on the road... lol

And this is why humans are great. Because everyone likes different things. The world would be a boring place if everyone drove a silver 320d...

...Oh and motorways would be pointless as everyone would just use the outside lane!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yup, that's what I said much earlier in the thread lol, cars are personal preference so theres little point asking what other people think of them...

Think how perfect the motorway would be with just silver 320d's on it though... Be much less accidents as well! Big Grin Plus the mobile phone law could be lifted as everyone would have a Bluetooth earpiece. Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Eeesh, did you make a decision yet?

I'd definitely test drive one, even if it is just a standard GTi. In fact, I'd get an extended test drive if I was even considering laying down that kind of commitment for a car, to see if I could actually live with it.

208bhp is great, as is the diff and brake upgrade. But really, Piggy had a point. The Rallye was a 'ltd edition' in its' hayday but how many recognise one now? A select few enthusiasts. They're as worthless as the standard GTi6. The 306 also had foundations in motorsport too, whereas the only racing 208 I know of is in the now much-less-popular-than-it-used-to-be WRC.

You could get a Fiesta ST and visit Mountune and have a better all-round car and cash in your pocket / smaller monthly repayment. Sure, it's just a Fiesta, but the 30th ed. 208 is 'just' another Peugeot, save for that fact that it looks like a Barry-mobile in standard guise.

I'd weigh up what it's really worth to you. Future-proof yourself.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't you mean 318d's? :p
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 06:33 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(15-11-2014, 06:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Aren't the red and black editions limited?

Only zetec S though...1.0ecoboost

Oi, there will be no knocking that ecoboost lump here. Its a genuinely quality engine and once people get over the fact its only a 1l it'll change motoring in a big way.

The block fits on a piece of A4 paper, it weighs f*ck all and in the latest formula ford cars they are kicking out 200bhp

Even the decent road versions are 140bhp and weigh f*ck all. they are better than the mid range diesels
Thanks given by:
Don't think anyones knocking the EcoBoost?

Personally I think it's probably one of, if not the, best petrol engine on sale in normal cars today!!
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 07:49 PM)welshpug Wrote: Don't you mean 318d's? :p

I spend all my time in London and Surrey so every middle manager who has financed him self to the eyeballs round here can afford a 320d. Maybe even a M sport but thats rare!

(15-11-2014, 07:53 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(15-11-2014, 06:33 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(15-11-2014, 06:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Aren't the red and black editions limited?

Only zetec S though...1.0ecoboost

Oi, there will be no knocking that ecoboost lump here. Its a genuinely quality engine and once people get over the fact its only a 1l it'll change motoring in a big way.

The block fits on a piece of A4 paper, it weighs f*ck all and in the latest formula ford cars they are kicking out 200bhp

Even the decent road versions are 140bhp and weigh f*ck all. they are better than the mid range diesels

This its a cracking engine! But only time will tell how well it will last. Being ford, probably well but it really is pushing a lot from a lawnmower engine!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Erm...no one is knocking the 1.0 ecoboost

I think I started a thread on it the moment it popped up a s a future food plan in action!!

And 200bhp...please...and the rest!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Poll has been added ; if you would be so kind ..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Personally, I can get a brand new Fiesta ST3 (all the sat nav & toys ect) for £250 a month... and choose not to. But its all up to you and I dont think youll get your answer on here
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How long is that for Connor?

Ginge - I like the way you voted on your own poll...if its a yes, why even ask everyone else!? Tongue
Thanks given by:
3 years, cant remember what the final payment was though
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah right, was gonna say must take about 10 years but I forgot about the final payment lol.
Thanks given by:
Finance aside, if I lived on the Isle of Wight I would just get a banger and save the money for property/holidays. Seriously, I don't think i've been over 40mph the last 3 times i've been back due to the 40mph granny crew and ridiculous traffic everywhere. Any road which isn't busy is so potholed you need a 4x4.

There's a few half decent roads which take about 5 minutes to drive down and that's it, just not worth having anything sporty because you'll never get to enjoy it!

My 2p.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 05:39 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(15-11-2014, 05:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just cant stand the depreciation...and I would never buy something for £22k without knowing something more about it than a spec sheet and a stupid fake advert

Wow look how the 205 gti depreciated .... Itwasntme

The 205 gti did still depreciate. Also if you buy this on finance you will pay even more for a depreciating asset using money you don't have.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
If you're going to buy a new car i can't think of anything more suitable to get, as such i've voted yes, but... new car..... nah.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
id say go for it especially if your not bothered about the depreciation etc. you only live once and you will regret not going for it now. at the end of the day its nothing to do with what we think on here and tbh it already sounds like you have convinced yourself about it Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 07:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd never have bought a Rallye back in the day...I'd have had the cheaper '6 in a colour I wanted with the toys I wanted... lol I just don't understand the thing with people wanting to be unique on the road... lol

Rallye was 2.5k cheaper Wink
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
There are some upgrades out there for the 208. Ive been out in the development one that had the upgraded intercooler etc. It was great. Brand new car with mods = winning!
Thanks given by:
(16-11-2014, 04:34 PM)INXS Wrote:

Rallye was 2.5k cheaper Wink

Amen to this!

You got less, so you paid less. makes perfect sense

208 gti Vs 208 gti 30ED

You get more on the ED30 so its only right they are more expensive...

As for depreciation, if you get hit by a bus tomorrow its wont matter how much your car is worth. Just get it ordered FFS.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Ah fair enough, I still wouldn't have bought a Rallye even with £2.5k less. lol
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 04:30 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Ah fair enough, I still wouldn't have bought a Rallye even with £2.5k less. lol
I would. 2.5k for crap you don't need like electric windows and mirrors, pointless. Wouldn't have one now though seeing as they're double the price of a '6 for less equipment.

I always think its a shame the Rallye was so tame. Could have gone much further with it and made it a proper weapon, rather than just a pov spec '6. Ditch the central locking, PAS, sound deadening, stereo system, fit 15 inch steels instead of clones, there's a lot more weight gone. Would have made it feel totally different to a '6, and significantly faster.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
They could of given it ITB's and a lairyer cam for the £2500 saving too
Thanks given by:

It would be a boring world if people looked the same, wanted the same thing, drove the same thing. No harm in standing out from the crowd.
Thanks given by:
If they'd properly stuck to the rallye ethos it would use the 1.8 valver or 106gti lump amd made it rev, rather than keeping the lardy lump from the gti.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
^^amen to that...remember the s1 106 rallye and that glorious 1.3 engine that just revvd and revvd and revvd!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
And you think it'd have sold like that?!

Yeah, to like maybe two people who liked a hardcore car...

I keep saying this, PSA are NOT in the game anymore of making cars for the sake of "being heroes" - they're in the market of making money and selling cars.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 04:25 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: As for depreciation, if you get hit by a bus tomorrow its wont matter how much your car is worth. Just get it ordered FFS.

I'd rather not get hit by a bus and not pay huge amounts of money per month for years!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tool Box Talk cully 22 5,529 26-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Frosty
  Colleagues stolen laptop, IP trace (talk talk isp) stevieg 11 2,670 05-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Last Post: stevieg
  My New Car Finance Idea! C.A.R. 25 5,895 01-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.