Show us your Turbo manifolds

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show us your Turbo manifolds
Hello all. I'm currently planning my 205's 1.9 TD conversion and I'm fitting my VNT above the gearbox. I need to fabricate either a link pipe between the standard turbo manifold and new turbo or building a proper tubular manifold from the head to the turbo. I wondered what other people had done and if anyone could give me any idea of whether all the extra effort of building a tubular manifold would be worth it or not. Thanks.... Luke.
Thanks given by:
on a old derv engine proper tube mani probably wont make much of a difference.. plenty of people running big power on a extention pipe from stock turbo manifold.

doenst mean dont do it tho! im planning to build one and ash on here is currently building one too
Thanks given by:
im currently playing with making a g/box mani tbh its not taken long up to now to actually mock the thing up was more time getting some flanges cit out Smile literally just re started on it again today now i have the flanges.

is it going to be worth it? i dont care it will look cool lol

[attachment=20017]

[attachment=20018]

also have a spare set of flanges

[attachment=20019]

hope that helps ?
Thanks given by:
Mine. Full stainless with equal length runners

[attachment=20027]
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 10:41 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Mine. Full stainless with equal length runners

Is that Darrens old one?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20028][attachment=20029][attachment=20030][attachment=20031][attachment=20032]

Simple lol hope this helps :-)
Thanks given by:
That looks epic paddy
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 10:44 PM)Niall Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 10:41 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Mine. Full stainless with equal length runners

Is that Darrens old one?

Yes
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 01:46 AM)Owen_G_ Wrote: That looks epic paddy

Thanks lol did you get ur car fixed yet man
Thanks given by:
Stock manifold, but it is Pretty
I know its not the point of the Thread, but heck, Show and Tell! lol

[Image: TurboDyn1.jpg] [Image: TurboDyn2.jpg]

[Image: TurboDyn3.jpg] [Image: TurboDyn4.jpg]

[Image: TurboDyn5.jpg] [Image: TurboDyn6.jpg]

[Image: TurboDyn7.jpg] [Image: TurboDyn8.jpg]

[Image: TurboDyn9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*ck that's nice.
Thanks given by:
Is that ceramic coated!?

Can really see the restriction on the inner ports quite clearly there. If it were me, pair of flanges like ash has spare and a log manifold. Simple and very effective
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 07:19 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 10:44 PM)Niall Wrote:

Is that Darrens old one?

Yes

Beat me to it!! Yea it is Smile

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 03:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: Is that ceramic coated!?

Can really see the restriction on the inner ports quite clearly there. If it were me, pair of flanges like ash has spare and a log manifold. Simple and very effective

Yes, thats Ceramic coated by Zircotec, and the Exhaust manifold was an issue, I wanted to do something better, but I can't move the turbo around at all like in a 306, must be right up next to the engine (Suzuki Vitara)... Maybe a real pro could of done it right. The stock manifold has the turbo Flange chamfered (Inside), and the ports are smoothed up a bit, and internally polished(somewhat).
Suzuki Santana Vitara 1.9 Td (Xud9) 3Dr
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 03:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: Can really see the restriction on the inner ports quite clearly there.

Whats the restriction like on the engine side? Worthy of a spot of porting ?
Thanks given by:
Nice fabrications. Thanks for all your replies. Has anyone built a simpler two branch manifold and siamesed ports one with two, then three with four? This seems like an easier way to do it and you wouldn't have the hassle of trying to work out what order to weld everything up so you could get at all of the joints with the welder. The pipe from cylinders one and two could run pretty straight after it's first bend round to the right and cylinders three and four could wrap around this to try and equalise the lengths of these siamesed primaries. What do you all reckon? ...Luke.
Thanks given by:
I think unless your going to do a proper 4-1 then I'd be inclined to just weld a 3" bit of pipe straight to the existing manifold as has been done above.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
id say its got to be worth a bash at it. any thing has got to be better than the stock manifold.
Thanks given by:
2.1 gearbox mount
Thanks given by:
Out of interest, what length oil lines are people using? As I need to get one made up for mine..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I think mine is about 1500mm but can't say I've actually measured.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 03:46 PM)Piggy Wrote: pair of flanges like ash has spare and a log manifold.

Due to space I'm thinking a log manifold that would look a bit like a petrol intake manifold.
But looking at the flanges, at least one could do a couple of Y's and step up when the other pair join.
Thanks given by: