How does your other half feel about old cars?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does your other half feel about old cars?
(11-11-2014, 08:50 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 07:11 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 11:40 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: This basically.

Likewise.

My missus doesn't particularly like them, but she does accept that it's my choice of pastime and is happy to let me do it as long as it doesn't cost too much or ruin her day too often. She drives the 205 to work, so understandably got a bit upset when the exhaust started dropping off regularly, i can sympathise with that. The rest of the time she's kind enough to leave me to it, bring out regular tea and cake and make sure there's enough hot water for a shower when i'm finished.

Also she comes to shows like pugfest and actually gets involved / takes part, not just sits in the car sulking like most do! Smile
Yeah I've noticed a lot of lasses doing that, at meets as well as shows. Mine just stays at home...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
This I cannot stand...

It's like a some people bring their burd to the show, they literally sit, embroiled in their phone, sulking and being miserable and being an ornament in the car... Don't even bother coming!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2014, 08:01 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 03:22 PM)PartyJas Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 01:41 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote: What happened to the Ascona? Have you still got it? I've got a LHD 400 replica. Ruan's right hand liked my old Ascona too! .....Luke.

Its still being built and has been for over 3 years now. Should be ready for April 2015 all being well with the engine set up. Its running a Vauxhall C20XE with a rather large Eaton M90 supercharger. Smile

You can see the full build here - clicky

[Image: photo.php?fbid=10152219310040796&set=a.1...795&type=1]

Damn image didn't work Sad

Niiiiiiiiiice. I'd love a Retropower restoration on my Ascona. Mine was built mostly from spare parts I had that weren't good enough to go on my concourse Manta build. I got a 2 door shell for free and built the whole car for about 4 grand. I think I did really well and have ended up with something you can use properly.

To be honest, mine completely snowballed from the original build plan. I was going to put a mildly tuned C20XE on a 1.8s box with the standard 3 link axle with an LSD fitted. I had all the parts to do that and just needed to sort the body.
It didnt quite work out that way but hey ho. I only plan on doing it once so its being done right.
Are you on any of the Opel forums? wouldn't mind taking a look at your cars. Smile
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2014, 02:25 PM)PartyJas Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 08:01 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 03:22 PM)PartyJas Wrote: Its still being built and has been for over 3 years now. Should be ready for April 2015 all being well with the engine set up. Its running a Vauxhall C20XE with a rather large Eaton M90 supercharger. Smile

You can see the full build here - clicky

[Image: photo.php?fbid=10152219310040796&set=a.1...795&type=1]

Damn image didn't work Sad

Niiiiiiiiiice. I'd love a Retropower restoration on my Ascona. Mine was built mostly from spare parts I had that weren't good enough to go on my concourse Manta build. I got a 2 door shell for free and built the whole car for about 4 grand. I think I did really well and have ended up with something you can use properly.

To be honest, mine completely snowballed from the original build plan. I was going to put a mildly tuned C20XE on a 1.8s box with the standard 3 link axle with an LSD fitted. I had all the parts to do that and just needed to sort the body.
It didnt quite work out that way but hey ho. I only plan on doing it once so its being done right.
Are you on any of the Opel forums? wouldn't mind taking a look at your cars. Smile

I was on OMOC but got bored with it. My I.d on there was 399road but the only picture on there was in the Avatar. I don't really do computers so couldn't be bothered trying to post pictures although I did post on there quite a bit. You've probably seen the Ascona before anyway .... It's a caged,stripped out polar white LHD 2 door with 400 bumpers and bonnet and sits really low on Compomotive TH's.
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2014, 08:51 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 02:25 PM)PartyJas Wrote:
(10-11-2014, 08:01 PM)205 Mardi gras Wrote: Niiiiiiiiiice. I'd love a Retropower restoration on my Ascona. Mine was built mostly from spare parts I had that weren't good enough to go on my concourse Manta build. I got a 2 door shell for free and built the whole car for about 4 grand. I think I did really well and have ended up with something you can use properly.

I was on OMOC but got bored with it. My I.d on there was 399road but the only picture on there was in the Avatar. I don't really do computers so couldn't be bothered trying to post pictures although I did post on there quite a bit. You've probably seen the Ascona before anyway .... It's a caged,stripped out polar white LHD 2 door with 400 bumpers and bonnet and sits really low on Compomotive TH's.

Yes.. I know the car. Was it for sale 3 or 4 years ago? or am i getting confused.
Thanks given by:
Me ex said she liked cars and that she liked all my cars.
Yet she did nothing but moan about me spending my spare time with my car, working on my car and enjoying my self by going to car shows.
I always offered her to come to them but she always found some reason not too.
She'd tell me it's fine for going but soon as I got back from a whole weekend I'd get 3rd degree burns for not texting her 24/7 even though my battery was dead and have no where to charge it on a camp site!
I was constantly told that I love my car more than I did her!
Wish I had said yes now! :-(

Much happier single now I get to enjoy my car and do what ever I wish! :-)
I have my best friend, she likes my car, comes to the meets with me, doesn't mine when I plant my foot down and she also likes to perv at the models with me... she's lesbian! :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2014, 08:20 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I was constantly told that I love my car more than I did her!

i get that constantly gets pretty old shes happy when i fixing her car lol

on a unrelated note are you in a diablo or a moonstone..? saw a diablo with a 306oc sticker on the back side window in langley mill the other day..
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2014, 09:52 PM)eskimogod Wrote:
(13-11-2014, 08:20 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I was constantly told that I love my car more than I did her!

i get that constantly gets pretty old shes happy when i fixing her car lol

on a unrelated note are you in a diablo or a moonstone..? saw a diablo with a 306oc sticker on the back side window in langley mill the other day..
Oh wow your local! Yes that's me in the diablo gti6. There's a few more of us very local too. :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Enjoys her corsa. Likes that it costs her less than 200quid a year to maintain.
Yet her mates spend double that monthly on servicing and payments for their new cars and don't understand why she drives such an old car.

Wants me to hurry up and fix my passat so she can have her seat heater back for winter that the 306 lacks. (nearly there).
Accepts that I'll never finish the shuttle project.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please feel free fatlapit 35 5,966 19-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  Feel like giving up :( Piggy 33 8,399 19-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Danny2009
  Feel free to laugh C.A.R. 14 6,586 29-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Last Post: C.A.R.