Bosch pump and engine setup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch pump and engine setup
I know various things have been coverd in the past but the threads I found were years old and things have moved forward now.

1. Noticed today that my pump is almost fully advanced. Runs like a treat no issues at all done 6k like this so far. Surely this is stressing the engine more and when I go for more power next year im worried it may help a conrod find its way out.

2.hdi rods are beefier round the little end. I will be sticking a set in. But whos thrown hdi rods and what power I know there not full proof.

3. I am aware that xuds will basically run if you just almost get it right. I'm not one for almost. I think almost is just lazy. Any tips on getting things just right.

4. Building engine up from scratch at some point soon. Genuine pug parts for bearings and bits Or machine shops.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
1) each pump/engine will setup differently...although I would expect some knock at that far advanced unless its a tooth out and thus that far advanced to adjust for that
2) nothing is fall proof...HDi rods just help. Forged for the win!
3) trial and error! That and strip down a pump to see how it works and what you can do!
4) consider best quality stuff you can afford.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I get a little knock nothing majour. May back it off a tad just to see.

Ill stick to hdi rods for now I reckon they can handle the 150 bhp aim as a start then consider forged if I go massive power.

Id love to strip down some pumps but there like rocking horse shit here. I do keep an eye out. Got a few ideas from work as our ldvs run boash ve pumps too.
I was more wondering what people use. My last majour build was on a classic mini and nothing could come from a dealer. Its all about building up knowledge. Stumbled across a thread the other day about getting most out of k14 and looks like you were running one a while back piggy.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Yeah, 130bhp ish is possible on a k14/t2.
I would think hdi rods be good to 170-180bhp matey.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ill put a set of hdi rods im the next build for sure. Bigger turbo= bigger rods. I dont want to put the engine in and kill it. Just want the pump setup just right too as I hear too much stress can cause issues as well.

As for the k14 ive just had to put one on mine as my ko3 died. Seals went. No plams for it though. Cba concentrate on next build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Slack in bosch pump? dt_ 14 3,399 21-10-2020, 03:41 AM
Last Post: dt_
  Bosch pump help for newbie PugRy 2 1,969 05-01-2020, 09:09 PM
Last Post: jamie182
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,473 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby