xud Berlingo boost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xud Berlingo boost
Hi I know it's not a 306 but hoping you guys could help.Fitted xud out 405 in ma 03 Berlingo and now messing with fuel and boost. my boost is now hitting 20 psi but don't hold like I have a leak.Tried all intercooler pipes don't think they leaking (fitter front mount).

So my question is apart from my pipe work can I lose boost some other way

Thanks
Thanks given by:
What makes you sure it's a boost leak? I have a xud in my partner. It's mated to standard partner exhaust very restrictive!
Thanks given by:
I may be wrong, but I would have thought that a restrictive exhaust would help hold boost as it couldn't empty the bores quickly enough.

The wastegate may be the problem, possibly a slightly weak spring, or the wastegate valve/flap burnt away/not seating properly.
I would check you induction side as well in case there is a restriction. Under initial load, the turbo may be able to cope with the air demand. Under continuous/prolonged load, a restriction on the inlet side pre turbo would starve the turbo of incoming air supply.
Thanks given by:
No, you want a free flowing exhaust or it can't vent that shizz ?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 11:19 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: No, you want a free flowing exhaust or it can't vent that shizz ?

I agree. To get more air in, you've gotta get the spent gases out. But, in my mind, a restrictive exhaust wouldn't cause boost pressure not to be held.
Thanks given by:
Exhaust has got f all to do with this problem Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Does it spike to 20psi?
If so, what does it then settle at? And what gear/rpm are you testing this with?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Whats the smoke situation like?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for replays feel bit stupid nowUndecided . I knew my exhaust would effect it just not that much as it's blowing anyway lol . If i dont put the foot to floor it holds boost longer . I got bits to make exhaust today

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 06:46 PM)xudlingo Wrote: Thanks for replays feel bit stupid nowUndecided . I knew my exhaust would effect it just not that much as it's blowing anyway lol . If i dont put the foot to floor it holds boost longer . I got bits to make exhaust today

Thanks

who told you to make an exhaust?
Thanks given by:
Me heard 306 one close what's different

Thanks
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 11:19 AM)daniel.mountain.7 Wrote: What makes you sure it's a boost leak? I have a xud in my partner. It's mated to standard partner exhaust very restrictive!

Is your partner phase 1 or 2 I got some problems with engine mount not line in up
Thanks given by:
Does it smoke at all when your foot is hard down? Could possibly be weak mixture if not.
@ 20 psi, the boost has obviously been 'adjusted', if the pump hasn't been adjusted/adjusted enough, then it'll be weak under full load at higher revs. Easing off decreases the load and boost, it may well have the correct air fuel mixture then.

So does it smoke when up the revs (at least 2500rpm) and foot planted hard down?
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 08:30 PM)madwelshman Wrote: Does it smoke at all when your foot is hard down? Could possibly be weak mixture if not.
@ 20 psi, the boost has obviously been 'adjusted', if the pump hasn't been adjusted/adjusted enough, then it'll be weak under full load at higher revs. Easing off decreases the load and boost, it may well have the correct air fuel mixture then.

So does it smoke when up the revs (at least 2500rpm) and foot planted hard down?

Mixture is not best smokes a bit but gets bad if keep foot down on motorway as boost creeps down can some times go as low as 8psi

I do think it's the exhaust as sounds like it has a supercharger coming out the blowing exhaust. I will rip exhaust off and take it a spin with just downpipe see what happens ( with ear plugs)

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Is it black smoke or grey?
Being a turbocharged engine, it won't be too bad without the exhaust on, especially compared to a n/a engine.
Thanks given by:
Used to be black but think more grey now after modifying lda

405 down pipe not right shape so rattles on floor makes a lovely noise not
Thanks given by:
Is it a light grey? If so, I'd say not getting enough fuel at full boost.
Thanks given by:
Bit hard to tell as half smoke coming out underneath with blow need to sort exhaust then I can mess with tuning
Thanks given by:
Fair comment.
It might be worth reducing the boost pressure slightly (down to 12-15 psi) to see if it holds more consistently and especially at full throttle up the revs. Either that or not driving it so hard until the exhaust is sorted and you have a better idea of the fueling.
If it is weak mixture that's causing this, you run the risk of burning out/holing a piston.
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 07:47 PM)xudlingo Wrote:
(15-11-2014, 11:19 AM)daniel.mountain.7 Wrote: What makes you sure it's a boost leak? I have a xud in my partner. It's mated to standard partner exhaust very restrictive!

Is your partner phase 1 or 2 I got some problems with engine mount not line in up

What mount are you struggling with? Also what was the original engine?
Thanks given by:
It is turned back down the now

The top engine mount is my problem it's to short when I line the up the back mount and gearbox had to do a temp mod at moment

I will attach pic
Thanks given by:
On the gearbox mount they should be 'slotted'

loosen the bolts for it and see if it will move, I had to do this on the 206.
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2014, 01:04 PM)mr_fish Wrote: On the gearbox mount they should be 'slotted'

loosen the bolts for it and see if it will move, I had to do this on the 206.

Did do that but if I line the top engine mount up the back mount hits the sub frame and one shaft to long other to sort .so I went with that option as ever thing else lined up

But I'm sure I saw one in a early Berlingo so the shell must be different or shafts and back and gearbox mount must be different to mine

When I was doing engine though be easy dw8 and xnd so much has been changed
Thanks given by:
What gearbox is in it? Dw8 box?
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2014, 10:52 PM)daniel.mountain.7 Wrote: What gearbox is in it? Dw8 box?

Tried that fitted everthing on to 405 engine mounts box clutch etc had to make lot bits fit. Then found shaft would not go in with Berlin go back mount as the newer boxes put engine bit straighter so box turn maybe 10 degrees so was no good

Wasted my time and put all 405 bits back on apart from power steering and alternator wanted to keep that. Also had to upgrade Berlin go clutch as was so small use a 206 180 clutch and modified flywheel

Peugeot like changing things to much
Thanks given by:
I had to change the cv joint to make the drive shaft fit. Changed clutch cable and used xud box. Used 306 power steering pipe. Dropped straight in.

Used xud down pipe. Welded to partner exhaust.
Thanks given by:
Has a side exit exhaust for temp exhaust bit loud but turbo sound great out it has helped a lot even hit 22 psi now. But still slowly drops not had lot time to mess with pump yet

Much faster Big Grin

(21-11-2014, 01:11 PM)daniel.mountain.7 Wrote: I had to change the cv joint to make the drive shaft fit. Changed clutch cable and used xud box. Used 306 power steering pipe. Dropped straight in.

Used xud down pipe. Welded to partner exhaust.

Same with cv with me but because mine a mk2 the van it will go in eco mode with no signal from flywheel. So you had done same as me and your top mount fine so my shell must be bit different

They was 2 position on subframe for the fork I had to move that also
Thanks given by:
i dont know why you are having issues with the fitment of this. As the partner/berlingo from the bulkhead forward is exactly the same as a 306. All the mounts suspension steering rack subrame coolant system wiring is the same. just litterally drop it in. when id converted my old van it was a 405 engine with a 306 dt box. no need to butcher mounts or drive shafts. as for you exhaust issue 306 dt down pipe fits fine
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yes on the early belingo but the newer one the wiring is like a 206 clocks are out 206 also has bsi . So for some weird reason must move mount on van maybe for the 1.6hdi engine

I thought it would be as easy as you say it is
Thanks given by:
Mine is an early one. I wanted to ask about mounts on a 1.6hdi. As IDE like a newer van purely so it's cheaper to tax. But keep the xud. Interesting to know. Does anyone know how much tax is on the 1.6hdi?
Thanks given by: