hdi not wanting to start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hdi not wanting to start
Hello, recently bought a xsara hdi 90 as a runabout

recently its taking a long time to start, ive had it on the computer and the only error its bringing up is to do with the throttle position sensor.

I have noticed its very slow to turn over when cold, ive tired the battery out of my 2.5td merc but it doesnt help any.

im getting another starter to see if that helps any. I was wondering what else could be causing it. When it does start it runs lumpy for a couple of minutes aswell

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Try checking out your earths if the new starter doesn't help. The HDi engine does need to see a certain amount of cranking speed before it will fire up, so could well be the problem.

Failing that, i'd be looking into fpr or lp pump, if you can get it on diagnostics that would help.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
cheers poodle

i put the battery out of the c250 merc into it, seems to be starting better but still no where near as good as my mums 02 xsara

i had it on diagnostics, it was showing an error for throttle sensor b, going to try another tps on it tomorrow and see if the code goes away

been trying to get the heater working recently, its more annoying than it being hard to start atm
Thanks given by:
my money is on the fuel pressure regulator. You could try taking it off and giving it a soak in something like white spirit or thinners or something.. however this didnt help me. What you really want is someone with Peugeot Planet to plug it in and read the fuel pressure on cranking. you need something like 280 iirc.

have you tried spraying easy start into the inlet to see if it roars into life?

Alan
Thanks given by: