OMP strut brace adjustment nuts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMP strut brace adjustment nuts
So having a crappy time with adjusting stuff recently
Now with the coilovers on the front I can't refit my strut brace as it needs to be shortened. However I can't get the nuts undone, tried penetrating fluid and using a hammer to shock them but no luck. All I'm doing is rounding them off

Any ideas? or is this a blowtorch kind of job
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Isnt one going to be a reverse thread?? Or am I pointing oit the bleeding obvious?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Is there any force against them at all?
Thanks given by:
Could put one end of the brace in a vise and try spin the other, if piggy is right and one side is reversed thread youll just eventually spin one side of the brace off the nut
Might just be worth blow torching though
Thanks given by:
yer reverse threads that paint dont look like it will be helping the threads so maybe undo it first (make it wider) so you can clean up the threads.
Thanks given by:
Tried moving the nuts in both directions neither way caused them to budge even a mm
It would adjust before I had the paint on it but luckily it fitted so didn't need to deal with it then. Probably going to be putting the old front shocks back on briefly anyway so will sort it out later
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
yeh one side is reverse thread so that you can just turn the middle and adjust. The outer bolts just hold the centre one in position. I cant undo mine either :/
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vibration issues after strut brace installation S16 14 2,594 16-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Last Post: S16
  Strut Brace Help C.A.R. 8 2,266 30-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Lower strut brace question titch 1 1,023 10-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Grant