fmic help?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fmic help?
I may just be having a blonde moment but ive picked up a fmic (it was free) supposedly off a clio.... the connections dont come out either side, they come up at the front/back either side, is this still usable? And also does it matter which way round the fmic is?

Also (another dumb moment) where exactly does it plumb into? Seen loads of guides on doing it but when i gets to the end bit they seem to just say "then plug it all in together and tighten" anybody have any pics where both ends from the fmic plumb into? Be very much greatfull lol

Jamie b
Thanks given by:
happy to help...but I think you may want to do more research before getting too deep into modifying if you dont know what parts the FMIC plumb into :S

And depending on angle of the FMIC outlet/inlet I would say you may struggle to fit it yes.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 02:32 PM)Piggy Wrote: happy to help...but I think you may want to do more research before getting too deep into modifying if you dont know what parts the FMIC plumb into :S

And depending on angle of the FMIC outlet/inlet I would say you may struggle to fit it yes.

This is me doing research :/ im after help from you guys!
Thanks given by:
Ok. To be blunt, doing research is to search and read and investigate and find your answer...not ask people to tell you....
But as google seems to be broken(!) lets start here:

...Do you know what FMIC stands for and what its purpose is?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2014, 07:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Ok. To be blunt, doing research is to search and read and investigate and find your answer...not ask people to tell you....
But as google seems to be broken(!) lets start here:

...Do you know what FMIC stands for and what its purpose is?

No need to talk to me like im a kid....

Its a front mount intercooler, its purpose is too cool down the turbo more, but adding a fmic also adds turbo lag?
Thanks given by:
It wont cool the turbo down.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Have a look in the guide section bud, there's at least 3 threads that will answer a lot of your questions and help you understand what needs to be done.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Take your bumper off, hold it at the front of the car and see if it fits. My bets are it won't if the inlet/outlet are at 90 degrees to the cooler its self. If you're lucky they'll be at the side of the rad.
Lots of guides around, especially on theywhoshallnotbenamed
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately a lot of the guide content on theywhoshallnotbenamed disappeared a couple of years ago and most of what's left you can't see without paying.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
If it's a 1.5 dci intercooler it will fit perfectly that's the one I'm using.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(04-11-2014, 02:18 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: If it's a 1.5 dci intercooler it will fit perfectly that's the one I'm using.

Have you got any pics of urs fitted mate?
Thanks given by:
I haven't got any photos of it I forgot to take any. But here's one I found for you [Image: e86c4f38c80864323d011ed2643b99d1.jpg]
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
Thats a megane cooler, I thought the clio one is a fair bit different?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
cold air is denser than warm air. if the air goes into the engine cooler then there is more of it and then bigger bangs happen. Its not to do with cooling the turbo.
Thanks given by:
That photo is of an XUD and this is in the DW section?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I no this is xud BT same thing any way lol the out feed from the turbo gose into the intercooler then the other side of the intercooler pipe it from the intercooler to the inlet manifold and your done just fix it up in place here is a pic of mine :-) hope this helps wecome to the form .....paddy [attachment=20062]

[attachment=20065][attachment=20064][attachment=20063]
Thanks given by:
hand painted silicone hoses....hand painted while fitted....

Paddy has to get award for bodge of the year! ThumbsUp epic Paddy Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol thanks piggy I think :-) how tricks and that wif u lol
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2014, 01:34 PM)silverzx Wrote: That photo is of an XUD and this is in the DW section?

I know it's an xud but it was to just give an example of that intercooler on a 306.
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by: