Been asked to look at a peugeot 206

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been asked to look at a peugeot 206
Hi guys been asked to look at a peugeot 206 2001 model 1.1 i think any idea of any common issues on these i need to look out for? as my friend is considering buying one.
Do these suffer beam and corrosion issues? any other known faults to be considered?
Thanks given by:
1.1 is gutless in the 206 my daughter just killed hers after only 6 months after passing her test,
we've picked up a much better 1.4 and the insurance is less for her

2001 could be full mux if so check all the electrics work including the lights as if anything is not working it could be expensive
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 04:51 PM)cully Wrote: 1.1 is gutless in the 206 my daughter just killed hers after only 6 months after passing her test,
we've picked up a much better 1.4 and the insurance is less for her

2001 could be full mux if so check all the electrics work including the lights as if anything is not working it could be expensive

Thanks for that may advise them to look for a 1.4 then do these suffer corrosion issues that you know of? i dont mind mechanical work at all when a car gets to needing welding i usually get rid of them too be honest.
Thanks given by:
They corrode in weird places...

Rear lights for a start! Don't seem to have chassis rust though, not like the 306 gets.
Thanks given by:
Sills can rust bad!
As do the top inner wings in engine bay.

Watch out for worn gearboxes and the usual HG issues
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
thanks guys for the tips will go and look at it for them no doubt what about rear axle bearing issues? i will check for camber and knocks creaks anyway but is this a common failure point i will probs give it a full service inc cam belt for them straight away if the do buy it.
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 05:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sills can rust bad!
As do the top inner wings in engine bay.

Really? The one I bought was rust free around the chassis, and I cant say it'd been looked after lol. Might be an age thing I guess.

As for rear beams, they can fail just like the ones on a 306/106 can, again age related really.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I have just sold a T plate 206 which done 163k, pretty bad corrosion throughout, I had to weld an entire sill...but the rear beam was bang on and original.

Just bought a Y plate with 97k, shell and chassis is rust free, beam needs replacing asap!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
cool thanks will check all these points out there also looking a 106 1997 1.1 i guess bodywork looks mint 60.000 miles drove past this one today on my travel i may take a look at this too for them but being a 97 model its quite old and i know nothing regarding a 106 mechanics i dont mind rust i do haha not sure if the 106 suffers or not?
Thanks given by:
Yes, the 106 rusts everywhere lol. Take a look over 106oc for some pretty impressive rust holes! lol
Thanks given by:
106 check the boot inner wings i lost a toolbox out the car through a hole in mine Smile

206 check the bonnet leading edge as they seem to rust through
Thanks given by:
I wont even bother looking at a 106 then cheers tom/cully. The 206s in general dont look too bad the trader who the 206 for sale has actually three in stock to choose from there budget is low so luckily there all under £500.00 pity there all 1.1 though.
Thanks given by:
well i took my friend to look at a car they have decided on a 3 door 2002 citoren saxo desire 1.1i mot till august 2015 too be honest its not too bad a 97000mile one owner car has a slight dent in drivers door some service paperwork,it will need some tyres next year i guess and has a very little leak on rear box other than that on a short test drive was quite nippy for a 1.1i no doubt i will give it a good service shortly.The seller wanted £500.00 they paid £400.00 so hope fully last them a while after a good service.
Thanks given by:
I have been using this car myself for a while now since having to scrap my ph1 306 nad these little 1.1i injection engines are very quick imo and quite economical are these the same as the 105 use?. I have replaced so far osf lower arm osf drive shaft ive got to do the nsf drivesahft and rocker cover gasket and rear brake cyliner as looks a little damp on back plates next for them (if i can get the bloody drums off ive tried once and failed). I have also noted the gear box has a whine from about 40mph and up im going to change the gearbox oil and see how that goes for a few days if it does not go does a 106 gearbox fit? this is a five speed ma box i think. I am also going to change the cambelt with a kit as i have no idea when it was last done so for peace of mind i will change it as its only £52.00 for a full kit inc water pump. This car is turning into a winter project for me whilst im saving for a 306 hdi for myself.
Thanks given by:
Hi guys still driving around in this car at the minute but its just devolped a fault starting from cold only, its a 2002 saxo 1.1i the fault is when first started from cold the car wont idel at all unless you hold your foot on the pedal. ive looked on my car it has 2 temp sensors one on the top of the housing one on the side which one goes to the ecu to aid fueling? do you think this may be the problem.Once started and warm the car revs hold fine just under 800 ish no rising or falling so dont think its a icv or stepper motor issue.
On my throttle boby there looks like two motors with electrical connectors going to them which one is the icv? and what is the other device? hopefully some of you guys have worked on this multipoint tu engine as used in the 106 etc
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  who asked me about a silver bonnet badge at FCS? gareth7 3 920 31-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Last Post: gareth7
  Commonly asked questions answered Niall 6 2,589 19-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Scott