gaz coilover rebuild cost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gaz coilover rebuild cost
So I think the rears coilovers are a bit shagged. They were bouncy as balls when first fitting as if there was no damping which doesn't match up with the sellers "7 clicks from hardest"
Also in an effect to loosen one of the damping adjustment dials I might have broke the valve inside as the adjustment dial spins in either direction forever now when using a bit of mechanical aid, the other shock is too stiff to adjust by hand so will be trying a bit of penetrating fluid to try and loosen it.

So will no doubt be having to send them off to Gaz for a rebuild, any idea on the cost?
Also these were apparently serviced 2 years ago by not the previous owner but the guy before him who after having it done put them in a shed for a bit before the "seller" bought them put them on the car and left it behind when going to uni

Just a bit distraught now as I tried to fix the problem of bouncy suspension and all ive done is fk it all up and everything is starting to rattle from no doubt being bounced about all week with not having damping
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
give them a bell? but i bet it wont be that cheap.. as for the handling issues ive never heard the best to be said about gaz coilovers so if you could go out with someone elses car thats on gaz? must admit never had a set myself tho
Thanks given by:
Had two sets done myself, forget now what it cost but well under 100 per set.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Servicing is usually about 20-30 quid, but you're going to need a new needle rod so that'll probably put another 10-15 on it.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Awesome thats not too bad a price then, will obviously have to phone them up to be more specific but at least it won't be in the £200 region which would have made the whole buying second hand pointless

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Sounds cheap enough. Hopefully they will come back a bit shinier!
Thanks given by:
They will strip and replate them for extra 20 a side...

I didnt bother as personally think the GAZ struts are anything but what there cracked up to be!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Sprayed the "non broken" one today with lots of penetrating fluid but still no luck getting them to unstick but no luck

Is it unreasonable that I want to ask the seller for some money back? Or is this my fault for buying second hand?
Tried to get the car tracked today as it's feeling a bit unstable and the guy said it's not the tracking but the coilovers causing it as they're too stiff to conform to the road? Is he chatting bollox
Also car still feels a bit bouncy still with the lowering springs/shocks on the rear not as much as before but more so than before the lowering springs but not as crashy as the lowering springs on the front....god I'm flked off with it all right now

Don't really care how they look just want the car to handle..decently

Thanks given by:
So.... i think youve paid over the odds for secondhand... especially broken second hand. id be after your money back.

Its probably bump steer what you are experiencing so it may well feel a whole lot better on the track than on the road.

sounds like the spring rates are low and dampening is low if its bouncy?
Thanks given by:
Phoned Gaz it's £23.50 a side plus carriage costs, says he hears it all the time with people selling as "good condition" and then opens them up to find they've never once been serviced by them etc
So want to ask for money back, might even see if I can coax for him to cover the front refurbishment cost too as if the rears havent been looked after I doubt the fronts have. Problem is I'm not that great at demanding, anyone want to do it for me lol

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good tyres for cyclones that won't cost me hundreds? JTaylor2005 39 10,627 20-05-2015, 06:11 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb
  Coilover protection lolsteve 6 1,435 09-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
  TA Technix coilover topmounts toyo16 2 1,300 28-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard