Hello guys and gals :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello guys and gals :)
Hi everyone Smile

Just registered on the site after being a lurker for ages Tongue

I have a 306 gti6 ph2 project car that I will need help with from time to time Wink

I hope to also help others with any of my findings also.

See you all on the forum Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Get some pics up!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
[attachment=19876][attachment=19875]Hi Niall, thank you for the welcome. I always wanted a 6, but I could never see one anywhere around my area. So, I found one at a garage with a snapped timing belt for a very cheap price so I snapped it up.

I am not a mechanic and I am barely even a novice in any form of car mechanics, but I would love to restore it.

The car needs a lot of tidying up and rust treatment. I have sourced a nice engine with 70k on the clock to go back in it. The car also needs welding done on the shell underside just behind the front wheel arch as someone has previously jacked it up there and caused damage Sad.

Here are a few pictures Smile
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2014, 08:28 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: The car needs a lot of tidying up and rust treatment. I have sourced a nice engine with 70k on the clock to go back in it. The car also needs welding done on the shell underside just behind the front wheel arch as someone has previously jacked it up there and caused damage Sad.

Here are a few pictures Smile

Thats very common. Most of them go there from where people jack them up incorrectly! Will be much easier to do with the engine out so i recommend ripping the old engine out and doing all your welding, rust treating, painting etc then!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
If anyone reconises this car, then who the hell decided to paint the calipers purple and and add white 205 gti alloys to it :O

Thats the plan Niall Smile

I am wanting to turn the car in to a very presentable soon to be classic and I plan on keeping it.

I can eventually get my head around mechanics, but being the perfectionist that I am, I might get someone else to do the welding as I want the car to look original. Even in places people cant see.

Another little note, I would like to donate to this site as I think it is fantastic with a wealth of knowledge and helpful people to boot Smile

Can someone please link me to the donate page as I cant find it anywhere Sad
Thanks given by:
Hi guys, just wondering if I can ask for parts on here as I'm not allowed to post on the wanted section.

Also, is it worth my while doing a project thread (would anyone be interested) or has it been done so many times.

As stated, im no mechanic so some things might be done very slowly Tongue.

Thanky you peeps Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome!!

Start a project thread for sure!!

payments@306oc.co.uk
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome Smile

We never get bored of reading projects threads showing the love for gti6's! blaze ones certainly seem to have a good following recently Big Grin

where abouts in the country are you from?
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Im from Scotland. Lovely Fife Wink

Im the only fifer with a blaze 6 I bet Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
I was going to say im sure theres a local member to lend a hand but maybe not lol

although we do have scottish members so i could always be wrong Smile
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Saw a guy in a T reg cherry rallye in stock guise near Newton (South side of the forth bridge) and a MINT white rallye kicking around Anstruther if you guys are on the forum Smile

Maybe there are a few more than I thought around my neck of the woods Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum,Hello
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2014, 08:28 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: Saw a guy in a T reg cherry rallye in stock guise near Newton (South side of the forth bridge) and a MINT white rallye kicking around Anstruther if you guys are on the forum Smile

I think MY95 (username) on here is from up around that sorta way? certainly hes 'tup north lol and has a lovely cherry rallye Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Thanks Matt! Yours is nice too! Smile
Welcome blaze_the_6 Smile
I'm probably one of the furthest up North here on the forum outside of Scotland, I live near Newcastle but travel up to Edinburgh usually once a month.
I've always had a soft spot for Blaze 6's, good luck with the project!
Any plans with mods or putting it back/keeping standard? Would look lovely with some nice cyclones on! Smile

As discussed in your other thread, £400 isn't a bad price! I paid £750 for my Rallye with no MOT/Tax and an engine overheating problem (waterpump) So you've paid about normal price really, nothing to worry about! Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 04:44 AM)mcvite Wrote: Welcome to the forum,Hello

Hello to you mcvite, nice 6 yah got there budSmile

(07-11-2014, 09:08 AM)MY95 Wrote: Thanks Matt! Yours is nice too! Smile
I'm probably one of the furthest up North here on the forum outside of Scotland, I live near Newcastle but travel up to Edinburgh usually once a month.
Any plans with mods or putting it back/keeping standard? Would look lovely with some nice cyclones on! Smile

As discussed in your other thread, £400 isn't a bad price! I paid £750 for my Rallye with no MOT/Tax and an engine overheating problem (waterpump) So you've paid about normal price really, nothing to worry about! Smile
Hi MY95, just as well you nipped the waterpump problem in the bud, otherwise you would probably end up with the same scenario as me. Maybe it was you I saw a couple of days ago??

Im planning on keeping the car pretty much standard with the only mods (if you call them mods) are polybush every bush that I can, Silicone hose replacements for the engine bay, definetly a set of morettes as they are right up my street and maybe a short shift kit. The car came with a scorpion stainless backbox which I think really compliments the back end.

The car will see the odd track day, but it will never get thrashed within an inch of its life.

I have never driven a 306 before and need to drive it completely stock to appreciate it first and then maybe do subtle changes.

I am also not very familiar with pugs rear beam set up and dont really know what state mine is in yet.

There is a guy I was looking at on youtube way before i joined this site with a supercharged 6. He is on the forum and goes by the name "Niall". His supercharged 6 is very interesting and I might go down that road in the future.

(07-11-2014, 08:16 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:
(06-11-2014, 08:28 PM)blaze_the_6 Wrote: Saw a guy in a T reg cherry rallye in stock guise near Newton (South side of the forth bridge) and a MINT white rallye kicking around Anstruther if you guys are on the forum Smile

I think MY95 (username) on here is from up around that sorta way? certainly hes 'tup north lol and has a lovely cherry rallye Big Grin

I have definetly never seen a black rallye in the flesh before.

Its great to see people keeping them and making them look lovely Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 10:00 AM)blaze_the_6 Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 04:44 AM)mcvite Wrote: Welcome to the forum,Hello

Hello to you mcvite, nice 6 yah got there budSmile

(07-11-2014, 09:08 AM)MY95 Wrote: Thanks Matt! Yours is nice too! Smile

Hi MY95, just as well you nipped the waterpump problem in the bud, otherwise you would probably end up with the same scenario as me. Maybe it was you I saw a couple of days ago??

Im planning on keeping the car pretty much standard with the only mods (if you call them mods) are polybush every bush that I can, Silicone hose replacements for the engine bay, definetly a set of morettes as they are right up my street and maybe a short shift kit. The car came with a scorpion stainless backbox which I think really compliments the back end.

The car will see the odd track day, but it will never get thrashed within an inch of its life.

I have never driven a 306 before and need to drive it completely stock to appreciate it first and then maybe do subtle changes.

I am also not very familiar with pugs rear beam set up and dont really know what state mine is in yet.

There is a guy I was looking at on youtube way before i joined this site with a supercharged 6. He is on the forum and goes by the name "Niall". His supercharged 6 is very interesting and I might go down that road in the future.

(07-11-2014, 08:16 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote:

I have definetly never seen a black rallye in the flesh before.

Its great to see people keeping them and making them look lovely Smile

Niall is admin of this forum, and i agree with you that his supercharger setup in very very interesting Wink so interesting infact i am test driving his car at the christmas meet and if it meets with my approval i shall be making an offer for the charger setup to fit onto my black rallye Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hi blaze_the_6,
Nope that definitely wasn't me as mine is off the road at the moment, well since I got it in April. Yes quite thankful its been caught early or could have been very costly!
Nice one, im planning on keeping mine pretty much completely standard and just enjoying it for what it is/how it was out of the factory. Mine currently has a Magnex Exhaust but is completely standard other than that.
Same with mine I plan on a track day or two but mainly just use and enjoy it on some nice roads.
I also have a Stage 1 306HDI so have previoous experience with them over the past 10 months ive had it. Unbeatable cars for the money really the 306 HDI's - especially on a Y plate or younger for cheap tax, which mine unfortunately is not.
Rear beams are quite costly in labour as well as a refurbished or a used full rear beam.
Yes as Matt has said his name on here is Niall and he has done a DIY build with his supercharger, with a few hiccups along the way but it interesting and looks like a good sorted car!
If I had the money and the madness to spend a lot of money id go High Boost at 450bhp, or low boost at around 250bhp, both will make a 306 very quick indeed! Would love to drive one one day!
Thanks given by:
My next daily will probably be a 306 HDI now that im getting to know the guts of them Smile

Its nice to keep a car like yours original. They are rare!!
Thanks given by:
Nice one, I think most people have a love hate relationship with their HDI, is great when its working and not so good when its not!

Cheers! Yes plan to keep it as close to Standard as possible
Thanks given by:
Dad has a Picasso. It seems reliable, however it's pretty slow at 90 horse.

The engine would be better in a 306 or 206.
Thanks given by:
My stage 1+ 306 HDi is well on track for 200k miles of relatively trouble free motoring besides the usual perishables! Big Grin (currently sat in the car park on 199.690 miles) lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 08:25 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: My stage 1+ 306 HDi is well on track for 200k miles of relatively trouble free motoring besides the usual perishables! Big Grin (currently sat in the car park on 199.690 miles) lol

That is a respectable mileage. Still on the same turbo?

How long have you had the remap on it?

I remember back in the day when everyone had dturbos lol
Thanks given by:
Im am the most passionate hater of old 1.9 XUD engines but for some reason people seem to like them lol

Map has been on it for around the last 50k miles i believe, i added a Decat pipe and have just driven it since Big Grin it literally just gets abused everywhere and never complains.
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Hmm explain why you dislike them
, I'm interested. I love the newer common rails for power/refinement/mpg.

But I love the older diesels especially with bosch pumps as they just run for ages without any bullshit

My old dare I say it clio 1.9dti just won't die. My clio before it was the 1.5 dci and it was a nicer engine but sooo many problems.
I do realise that renault are pish but tbh the 307 is a shit car too in my opinion.

306 is much better than the 307 :-)
Thanks given by:
I just dislike everything about an XUD engine, they are bombproof if left standard! but as soon as monkeys with spanners decide to go at the pump and turbo with a 13mm spanner they get awfully unreliable awfully fast.

They overheat too easily
They throw rods when shown any decent amount of boost
Lucas pumps (standard on 90% dturbos) are rubbish
Standard gearbox has crap ratios
"can run on veg" - no you cant cos it WILL knacker the pump eventually.

So by the time you have bought and fitted a bosch pump, fitted HDi conrods, fitted a HDi gearbox, still not solved the overheating issues and then have to rebuild your bosch pump after getting your veg mix wrong...

Might aswell just buy a HDi, stage 1 map it and enjoy epic reliability, engine temps that never go above 85 degrees and probably more MPG's than an on XUD. also get one on a Yreg and enjoy the cheaper tax! Tongue

Sorry for the essay but you did ask Wink
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 11:18 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: I just dislike everything about an XUD engine, they are bombproof if left standard! but as soon as monkeys with spanners decide to go at the pump and turbo with a 13mm spanner they get awfully unreliable awfully fast.

They overheat too easily
They throw rods when shown any decent amount of boost
Lucas pumps (standard on 90% dturbos) are rubbish
Standard gearbox has crap ratios
"can run on veg" - no you cant cos it WILL knacker the pump eventually.

So by the time you have bought and fitted a bosch pump, fitted HDi conrods, fitted a HDi gearbox, still not solved the overheating issues and then have to rebuild your bosch pump after getting your veg mix wrong...

Might aswell just buy a HDi, stage 1 map it and enjoy epic reliability, engine temps that never go above 85 degrees and probably more MPG's than an on XUD. also get one on a Yreg and enjoy the cheaper tax! Tongue

Sorry for the essay but you did ask Wink

Nah mate I like your opinion. Was thinking along the same lines of if left alone, they are fine.

I like the idea of getting a HDi 306 especially with a stage 1 remap :-)

I take it the HDi gearbox is a more pleasant experience?

Also I take it the high pressure pump is good on the HDI motor as they are absolutely shit on the dci engines along with injector problems and turbo problems.

I'm really not a fan of delphi or lucas stuff.
Thanks given by:
Some people have had problems with the HP pump but tbh i havent and i run mine on scrapyard (work) diesel drained from scrap cars!

I think regular servicing and abit of mechanical sympathy go the extra mile with these engines Smile although that being said mines 21k overdue a service currently lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I agree with everything you say till the 21k service overdue lol.

Your job sounds fun
Thanks given by:
Tbh If it blows up i will just get the polish guys to pull me an engine out of a scrap car and i'll change it that evening lol no biggy

Once it hits 200k this next week i will treat it too a full service Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi Guys & Gals kenorb4000 10 1,650 29-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: CJ_Derv