Intake manifold options on a HDI?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intake manifold options on a HDI?
Hey all,

I have seen on the XUD engine that people fit an over the top of the engine intake manifold which looks to be a well designed intake.

I am wondering, Are there any intake manifolds like that for the HDI engine as well?
I want the engine bay looking as neat as I can and also the best air flow possible for the front mount intercooler Smile

Thanks Smile

Jack
Thanks given by:
a 110hdi inlet elbow from the 406 and others is used for FMIC system. Works perfectly fine to 200bhp+
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Okie dokie will just get them things then Smile cheers
Thanks given by:
Exactly as Piggy says. Just make sure it's the 2.0HDi 8v 110bhp, rather than the 1.6HDi 16v 110bhp. Wink There's a couple of guides with pictures in that should help make sure you've got the right one.

The only other option besides that is going custom, which gets expensive very quickly.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What are the intake manifolds on these things made from? Is is cast aluminium, steel or what?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Cast ali mate.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ahh nice. Cheers mate Smile
Im thinking if I bought one, cut the flanges off and then bought ali piping of the right diameter I know people who can weld ali so I could make a nice custom one Smile
Not so much for obvious performance gains just because its a project I would like to try and do haha Smile
Thanks given by:
no need to do that, as mentioned theres already fmic type inlets, so all you need is suitable flexi hoses and an intercooler, some plastic or metal hard pipe if there are long runs in your layout
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah was just an idea. I like to mess with things and try stuff new Smile haha
Thanks given by:
Keep us updated if you do, always interested.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I think you would be better off turning your attention to the exhaust manifold/turbo. It would be a decent project with worthy gains.
Thanks given by:
I was going to look at doing the intake if any as that would have a lot more available space. The exhaust manifold looks like it has to be properly compact and would be a pain to design a smooth flowing compact one really. Although the one on there doesn't look great at all haha
Thanks given by:
As uberderv says, you'd get much better gains from doing some work with the exhaust manifold and turbo - they start to cause reliability issues at 150bhp, whereas the inlet has seemingly been fine well past 200bhp.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
As said the 110hdi inlet is more than adequate for the job, how clean it looks is down to how good your fabricating skills are.
[attachment=19996]
As for exhaust manifold what are peoples advice here? Want to go bigget turbo at the same time but would prefer it to bolt to the exsisting down pipe
Thanks given by:
You shouldn't need to fabricate anything to fit a front mount, should all plumb straight in. Apart from maybe some intercooler brackets I guess.

Retaining the original downpipe after going to the effort of fitting a bigger turbo is a bit backwards imo, it'll just be a restriction which will negate a lot of the benefits of fitting a bigger turbo in the first place.

Regarding the manifold, keeping it as simple as possible is your best bet, just to keep cost down as much as anything. A log design is more than adequate.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intake manifold hose size? JTaylor2005 17 2,569 03-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Last Post: shervo
  Removing the intake manifold? JTaylor2005 20 1,849 26-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Intake modification options rtha6551 14 4,421 03-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Poodle