Lowering and load sensing valves.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowering and load sensing valves.
So how do people go about getting these to sit right once the axle has been lowerd? I just rebuilt my axle lowerd it and didnt think anything of it till I had to brake round a wet bend tonight the rear locked up and the back end stepped out. Thankfully everythings fine and it was in arse end of nowhere but its got me thinkin I may want to adjust it now
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Shortening the bar the "appropriate" amount, simple as that Smile

(Or get fatter brakes up front and remove the load sensing valve completely)
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Might shorten the bar on a spare ive got see gow that goes. Big brakes are on the long list I have. We will get there
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
rebuilding my beam at the moment was wondering the same tbh i would like to sack it off completely
Thanks given by:
I looked into getting rid of mine but it would just lock the back to fast. Really need a bias valve to do that
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 09:00 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: I looked into getting rid of mine but it would just lock the back to fast. Really need a bias valve to do that

Or EBD.... Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
EBD??
Thanks given by:
Electronic brake distribution?
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Electronic brakeforce distribution... Comes with ABS on the Ph3s, never locked the rears once on a ph3! Electronics ftw lol...
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 09:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Electronic brakeforce distribution... Comes with ABS on the Ph3s, never locked the rears once on a ph3! Electronics ftw lol...
Do you know anything about bodging a ph3 abs unit onto a ph1?
Thanks given by:
No, I'm not even sure if it'd be possible tbh. If it was it wouldn't be easy, you'd need the ABS unit, loom, hubs for sensors etc etc.
Thanks given by:
Electronic brakeforce distribution...
Thanks given by:
Keep up Sam... lol
Thanks given by:
Phase 3s dont come with xuds though and I shouldve known that Sad I had abs on the last one I had and it was usless cutting in when it didnt need to.
Thanks given by:
True, but it's easy to shove an XUD in a ph3. Wink

Also phase 2 ABS is terrible... lol
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 09:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: No, I'm not even sure if it'd be possible tbh. If it was it wouldn't be easy, you'd need the ABS unit, loom, hubs for sensors etc etc.
Are the hubs different between phases you mean? Even though they are both abs cars to start with?
Thanks given by:
Its cheaper to find a phase 2 and mod it to look like phase 3 on insurance than do an engine conversion on phase 3 atm anyway untill my insurance renewal
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 10:20 AM)Janne L Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 09:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: No, I'm not even sure if it'd be possible tbh. If it was it wouldn't be easy, you'd need the ABS unit, loom, hubs for sensors etc etc.
Are the hubs different between phases you mean? Even though they are both abs cars to start with?

Oh, if it already has ABS maybe the sensors are the same. I don't know I'm afraid, never owned a phase 1!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bypass brake load valve blinkyeatu 0 846 05-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu
  load compensator sleeper93 11 2,571 26-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  bypassing rear load compensator td_dan 16 4,228 25-10-2013, 07:34 PM
Last Post: tigerstyle