diy service

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
diy service
hey, have bought a gti 6 today, cracking car but needed a good sevice! trying to fit a new air filter have jacked up the car, released the three clips, but the bottom of the airfilter housing won't release. Am I missing something?! lol apologies for such a basic question!
Thanks given by:
Dont mean to take you for a fool but gotta start somewhere... Tried brute force? Wriggling it around, yanking on it, hitting it with a hammer etc?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 08:00 PM)Tom Wrote: Dont mean to take you for a fool but gotta start somewhere... Tried brute force? Wriggling it around, yanking on it, hitting it with a hammer etc?

sounds like a plan mate, will give it some stick!
Thanks given by:
Yeah give it some abuse. They rust up a lot these days so will end up stuck on there. Could try a bit of penetrating spray around it then tidy the lip up with some sand paper when its off.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I had one that clearly hadnt been serviced in years and broke the box before the bottom came out. It was a shitter though. Had to find a replacement. So basically yeah brute force
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Get something around the lip of the lid and knock it off with a hammer, it'll just be a bit stuck on with all the rough, rusty metal and crap in there.

You can refurbish them pretty easily if you've a good drill and wire brushes:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19890-po...#pid433966

It is often an absolute pain in the arse to remove the airbox from the car for the first time though.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by: