Ph3 306 key problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph3 306 key problems
Hi all,

just got my second 306, this time a meridian hdi estate, it come with 3 keys and they all start the car fine, 2 of them are remote locking keys but neither of them had battery's, so I bought a new battery and have tried it in both keys but neither will work still, I have tried turning the ignition on and pushing the lock button but it doesn't seem to do anything?

is there anything im missing that I should be doing?

cheers
steve
Thanks given by:
Hi there, I have recently bought a ph3 gti and the central locking worked using the key in the door but not using the button. I replaced the battery and it worked straight away, so does your central locking work when you just use the key in the door? If not then you may have issues like a power fault, but if it does work then you need to be looking at the transponder/receiver side I would think. I'm not sure about 306s as I'm quite new to them but the 106 had terrible issues with letting water into the receiver unit via the sunroof seal failing or the aerial seal, maybe the 306 is the same?

Is it infra-red or radio signal your locking?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the keys need syncing again, there's a guide in the guide section somewhere about it.
Thanks given by:
Phase 3 are always rf unless someone's retrofitted ir. There's a resynching process you can try but it doesn't usually work. Well it hasn't with many I know. It needs repairing using the peugeot planet software. Also you need the code that came with the car or purchase one from peugeotcodes. Once you have that someone with peugeot planet can reconnect for you. If you live near herefordshire/shropshire and have the code and keys I can do it for you for a small price.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Peugeot want £19.99 for that code, if you can get me a complete dump from the ecu i can probably get it for free
Thanks given by:
If Daniel can do it ^ good lad

If not peugeotcodes is 16.99 no where near what I paid a year back but I know it works

Think I paid £8
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by: