FCS 2015 306oc WINS best club.......but how?

Poll: What theme should the 306oc be at FCS'15?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Beach/Hawaiian
0.01%
2 0.01%
Piggy hog roast
99.98%
32501 99.98%
English, yes chap!
0.01%
3 0.01%
Other...please specifiy in your post
0.01%
2 0.01%
Total 32508 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: FCS 2015 306oc WINS best club.......but how?
How about less 306's??

But srlsy... one of the Land Rover shows had a club stand where they re-chassised a Series 2 over the show weekend... why not someone donate a boggo 306 and a GTi6 lump (I* have one sat in the barn I need rid of) and do a live conversion!? I'm sure there enough technical incompetence between you to draw quite a crowd...

*Read Ruan
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 09:06 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Not sure how health and safety works at car shows....but I'd be pretty sure they won't allow a tonne of metal to sit above peoples heads.... Confused

Correct Tom and I've been speaking to Mark the past few days with what we can and can't do and i think we would be pushing our luck with this. The club would need its own liability insurance which we just can't afford.

(29-10-2014, 11:33 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(29-10-2014, 08:24 AM)Grant Wrote: So you moan about the unrealistic and unhelpful approach some have taken to this thread, yet when i try to offer genuine help, you still rattle on about something that will frankly never happen.

Likewise I didn't mean to be whiny, just trying to be realistic.

I really think we need to be looking at maximum impact and originality for minimal outlay both in effort and financially.

I still think mad hatters tea party is an absolute winner and it lets us go mental with colours and balloons and stuff, It's cheap, it doesn't matter if a couple of people don't join in, financially its a really small cost.

Just for ideas balloons are about 50p each to fill with helium. Those balloons that are in the shapes of numbers and letters spelling out 306oc all over the shop. Could do 2 balloons tied to each wing mirror of each car and get them in colours that co-ordinate with the car. Actually we could probably get 306oc balloons printed really cheap. A couple hundred of them would look really boss.

I know this is gonna need funded some how and I'm happy to put in a fair bit of cash but as I assume others are going to help out too why don't we make up a little goodie bag for everyone that helps fund the stand like party bag style to give something back, just a 306oc balloon, special fcs15 306oc sticker, a sachet of lube and some other crappy trinkets to say thanks to people for putting the effort in.

Edit: 500 printed 10" balloons on ebay is £85

Like it Chris.
I was considering setting up a donation pot nearer the time for the stand. That way it can be as good as you lot make it! Im happy to do the organisation but as I'm sure you can imagine, the club isn't made of money seeing as we work on donations anyway so wouldn't be able to fund it out of the usual donation pot.

Balloons are a must. I was just thinking about a load of blue red and white ones in some bunches tied to a few of the cars but i like the idea of the "306oc" ones!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 06:58 PM)Niall Wrote: Like it Chris.
I was considering setting up a donation pot nearer the time for the stand. That way it can be as good as you lot make it! Im happy to do the organisation but as I'm sure you can imagine, the club isn't made of money seeing as we work on donations anyway so wouldn't be able to fund it out of the usual donation pot.

Balloons are a must. I was just thinking about a load of blue red and white ones in some bunches tied to a few of the cars but i like the idea of the "306oc" ones!

I think the issue is going to be 100 balloons is about £50 but 500 is only £85 and that would make a serious impact. Sadly the cost of helium is astronomical. If you use the disposable party cylinders its about 40 balloons for about £27 (75p ish pb) and if you want an industrial cylinder to inflate balloons its a f*ck load of money which is a real shame as I think it would be an incredible impact. 50 cars, a bunch of 5 balloons tied to each wing mirror or a bunch of 3 (one red, one white and one blue) tied to each wing mirror and each ariel or rear wiper would be brilliant.

I'd love to see a few cars absolutely filled to the roof with multi coloured balloons but can't imagine it will be much fun all of us sitting inflating balloons for 3 hours on the campsite on friday evening.

Obviously now isn't the time to be looking for donations, spring time would be a good start I guess. I guess we need everything costed before we start asking for money like first £50 buys a new banner, next buys a load of french flags, and then if we hit 400 then all of the balloons!!!
Thanks given by:
All sounding great ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 07:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Obviously now isn't the time to be looking for donations, spring time would be a good start I guess. I guess we need everything costed before we start asking for money like first £50 buys a new banner, next buys a load of french flags, and then if we hit 400 then all of the balloons!!!

Agreed and if anyone wants to put their hands up and donate a bit of time to helping organise all of this, feel free!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I don't mind helping out.

What about filling the front row cars with red white and blue balloons?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 10:09 PM)Niall Wrote:
(29-10-2014, 07:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Obviously now isn't the time to be looking for donations, spring time would be a good start I guess. I guess we need everything costed before we start asking for money like first £50 buys a new banner, next buys a load of french flags, and then if we hit 400 then all of the balloons!!!
Agreed and if anyone wants to put their hands up and donate a bit of time to helping organise all of this, feel free!
Yeah I'll donate some time both prior to the event and on the day.

(29-10-2014, 10:12 PM)Grant Wrote: What about filling the front row cars with red white and blue balloons?
See I think cars filled with balloons would look awesome but its not going to work for those who are going to be on track or have shiny interior things to show off. That said it may draw people in to look at cars to wonder why its the only one not full of balloons.

I'm torn on colour schemes of balloons too. Diablo coloured balloons in a diablo could look amazing but I think if the whole front row was filled with multi coloured ones the impact would be incredibly striking and plain balloons without helium are about a penny each. I'm not sure about the red, white and blue thing as I think the DS3 guys did so well with the french theme last year unless we really go mental with it I think we'll just look like we are copying.

I still reckon with a theme we should do mad hatters tea party or something we can go absolutely mad with. Almost like a non theme that's just like the loudest most colourful party going. Just go nuts and lob balloons and streamers on everything.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 02:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Why did poodle n dumdum have to clutter up this thread just to make a point!?! Undecided

What?

Pull your head out of your arse, you asked for serious ideas so i posted mine. My sincerest apologies (that's sarcasm, i understand it doesn't come across well on tinternets, so thought i'd better point it out) if my ideas aren't serious enough for you and just count as clutter.

Edit: f*ck me this got to four pages quick, so much for no clutter. Rofl
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I DO appreciate your input buddy! Smile

But...I only see two pages?!

And to be honest it is still cluttered (the whole thread) so I will probably ask a mod to declutter it in the new year as we get closer to final decisions.

I just think its difficult for someone who hasnt read the whole thread to click on and have to read all the ideas etc, some of which would never happen...tbh I realise a couple of mine now arent truly serious/possible thinking more on it.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 10:09 PM)Niall Wrote:

Im happy to help out with organisation where its needed Smile

TBH i think we all need to get shitfaced at the christmas meet and come up with some amazing ideas then lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
The film 'up'..... a shit load of baloons on the car. Or recreate the mondeo advert?

All we have to do to get noticed is drive around the main area a few times and everyone will see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SRWpmDnpf4
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 09:19 AM)SRowell Wrote: The film 'up'..... a shit load of baloons on the car. Or recreate the mondeo advert?

All we have to do to get noticed is drive around the main area a few times and everyone will see!

Hahaha. I wish we could do that but a liter of helium can lift about 1 gram and i reckon theres about 5l in a large balloon so 5g lift. A 306 is at least 1100kg or 1,100,000g would need 220,000 balloons.

As for getting noticed by driving around the main area how about this?

Thanks given by:
if we go by last years show, we wont have any problem being loud and getting noticed. balloons is a must now then, takes quite a few to fill a car, filled the back of the wagon the other year for Halloween. i think if we go french then red white and blue cars up on stands at the back, all filled with balloons, either matching coloured balloons in each car or a mix of all three in each, either will look good, im happy to sit around friday night blowing up balloons, had enough practice doing the sofa.

Also i now have a coleman event shelter 15, not sure if thats the same as the club one but if it is then they sell joiners for them so we could have one massive shelter.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers Ian Smile
I like the idea of the red white and blue balloons. Do think we should be doing that but issue would be filling them up unless anyone wants to find a party store near combe and go and buy them the day before? I don't know the area so don't know whats around (cough Fooby, Jamie, kerry Wink )
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I suppose if we are just filling a car with balloons we all have air bed pumps so should be able to inflate balloons with them.

I'm also looking at buying one of the coleman event shelter 15s for my grand tour in 2016 so if i have it in time ill bring it to FCS. I think the joiners are only about £11 each.
Thanks given by:
with a few people and a few foot pumps or compressors (be taking them for airbeds etc) it wont take long on friday evening to pump them up.

the 15ft ones are big enough to get a couple of cars in if we wanted to. or lay out the table and food etc in there.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think 3 x 15ft ones together is like a 45ft marquee, that would be amazing, don't put cars in them though just have it for chilling
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 06:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think 3 x 15ft ones together is like a 45ft marquee, that would be amazing, don't put cars in them though just have it for chilling

We would never have room for that. On the stand, we just need 1 and a few camping chairs for chilling out on
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Not if we ask for a decent sized stand this year. They said last year that if we asked for a bigger stand we could have one. Every other club gets plenty of space so lets sort it out.
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 07:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Not if we ask for a decent sized stand this year. They said last year that if we asked for a bigger stand we could have one. Every other club gets plenty of space so lets sort it out.

Chris I've already been dealing with the stand. Space is at a premium at Combe. We can have a stand big enough for as many cars as we like but can't just have big empty spaces for dossing in.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 07:33 PM)Niall Wrote:
(30-10-2014, 07:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Not if we ask for a decent sized stand this year. They said last year that if we asked for a bigger stand we could have one. Every other club gets plenty of space so lets sort it out.

Chris I've already been dealing with the stand. Space is at a premium at Combe. We can have a stand big enough for as many cars as we like but can't just have big empty spaces for dossing in.

I know that mate but every other club gets about twice the amount of space per car as us and seen as we are one of the 3 biggest clubs why don't we take as much space as they'll let us have then find a way of squeezing in a couple of gazebos. Gazebos are probably quite important with the high proportion of gingers in this club and the sun burn risk.

I know where I'd want our stand to be so I drew a map. The red is our previous stand but i reckon the purple would be awesome to have that massive crescent shaped front row going all the way round that curve but I do understand they might not want to let us have that bit.

The green could be awesome as if we are either side of the road we could see about getting some scaffold poles and hanging our banners well above head height across the path.

[attachment=19832]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that Chris and i was actually thinking the same. Would be good to have either the purple area or the strip which runs below it parallel to the track.
Ill be Chatting to them again soon so ill mention this but i need some figures to go to them with so the more people we can have on the list of going, the better! Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
My theory with numbers is we are still growing as a club and so I can't see us having less people than last year, don't know if FCS will take that as a reason to give us space for 60 cars.

The strip parallel to the track is a right pain for getting cars in and out of as its only deep enough for one behind the other so if people want to go home early or get out for the track it could become difficult. Also I suspect that they may continue to want to use that for the displays which is a shame.
Thanks given by:
Just started reading this thread and im shocked at how unfriendly the first few comments are to each other, im hoping that this atmosphere doesn't dampen the spirits of meeting you all for the first time at FCS you've all been friendly and welcoming on 306oc let's hope the show is as much enjoying and friendly as it is coming onto the forum
Thanks given by:
I'm sure the lovers tiffs that go on here won't affect your time at FCS.
And Guiness world record for number of balloons in 306 goes to 306oc Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeah don't worry about petty arguments on here, they all get left online when we go to meets everyone is lovely or they aren't allowed to play
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2014, 08:53 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Yeah don't worry about petty arguments on here, they all get left online when we go to meets everyone is lovely or they aren't allowed to get naked

EFA

lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Balloons for the win I think. Maybe the three lead cars should be red, white and blue as well?

I'm happy to lend time, effort, and (a little) dollar to aid the situation closer to the time. Will be my first fcs with this club and with the Rallye 2 so make the most of my newbie enthusiasm!

My one idea is to have some sort of podium / raised bit where a car can be raised above the end of the pack. Even if it were just two ramps to make it stand out a bit ?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Its a shame they never did a indigo blue 306 rallye otherwise you could have red white and blue rallyes in the centre of a herring bone pattern.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
There is a blue Rallye! Just gotta get him to sign up here first lol....

That's a good idea though, could do it with '6s instead...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April Club Meet 2015 MY95 17 4,677 27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam