FCS 2015 306oc WINS best club.......but how?

Poll: What theme should the 306oc be at FCS'15?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Beach/Hawaiian
0.01%
2 0.01%
Piggy hog roast
99.98%
32501 99.98%
English, yes chap!
0.01%
3 0.01%
Other...please specifiy in your post
0.01%
2 0.01%
Total 32508 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: FCS 2015 306oc WINS best club.......but how?
realistic then!
Thanks given by:
oh you mean boring!?

Man up, buy yourself a few breadsticks, some onions and a beret and crack on you pansy rowell Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 11:20 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: oh you mean boring!?

Man up, buy yourself a few breadsticks, some onions and a beret and crack on you pansy rowell Big Grin

Matt that was my suggestion.... I suggested french! Obviously its the theme to go for... not British or German. Everyone will be WTF. ive been to FCS for the past 3 years and I have never seen anyone go all out french with berets and striped shirts, onions long bread and garlic.
Thanks given by:
If you all dont like it then vote otherwise!

Im with Sam...im already making notes on french ideas for me motor!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Ah i misunderstood you sam, apologies broseph Big Grin x

i voted french piglet Big Grin i wanna get shitfaced with the OC crew all dressed as frenchies.. that has win written all over it for me! lol
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
If we do I'll have to drink red wine and mek sweet amour to your girlfriends all weekend like the dirty French pig that i am.................i can do that Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 12:43 PM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Ah i misunderstood you sam, apologies broseph Big Grin x

i voted french piglet Big Grin i wanna get shitfaced with the OC crew all dressed as frenchies.. that has win written all over it for me! lol

no problem. Thought it may be something like that. Heart
Thanks given by:
Wine and cheese is a must!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 11:28 AM)SRowell Wrote: Matt that was my suggestion.... I suggested french! Obviously its the theme to go for... not British or German. Everyone will be WTF. ive been to FCS for the past 3 years and I have never seen anyone go all out french with berets and striped shirts, onions long bread and garlic.

Sam are you daft. I wasn't serious about the german theme and I'll admit there isn't alot of mileage in british theme.

As for not having seen anyone go all out french were you even at FCS last year? Are you completely blind? You obviously missed the DS3 stand (that won) as they had Vive La France in 3ft high red, white and blue letters at the front of the stand, a load of french flags and were giving out wine and either french bread or cheese at the front of the stand. I didn't look closely but I assume there was probably strings of onions and stripey jumpers too.

I dont think we want to be copying somebody else's idea from last year? We NEED to be different if we want to stand out and win!

Also surely this is better left till after the christmas meet is done and dusted?
Thanks given by:
Yes. We dont need to be coming up with this now. I didnt see the dsgay stand and yes im daft.
Thanks given by:
DS3 stand wasnt that good to be honest.

We werent far away and I didnt even realise it was themed! I just noticed them giving out cakes of some sort!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 05:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: DS3 stand wasnt that good to be honest.

We werent far away and I didnt even realise it was themed! I just noticed them giving out cakes of some sort!

woah woah woah, wasnt that good? didn't realise it was themed? They won and it's pretty obvious why!

[Image: DSC07803_zpsf557e718.jpg]

Yes its entirely beatable but we need to stand out as being better and innovative as you can bet they'll up their game again this year.

Primarily I think we need to tart by getting a slightly larger stand so there is actually space between the cars, and space for us to do something with stand wise.

Also a bit of a thought aside from the theme but thinking about how the guys wound Vaughn up telling him that being on the stand was an actual stand and it was put up there by a fork lift well why don't we put a few of the nicer cars near the back up on a couple of pairs of wheel ramps to add some height to the stand and draw people in. I didn't see anyone doing that last year.
Thanks given by:
Good idea Chris but whos car is high enough to go up wheel ramps? Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 05:40 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Good idea Chris but who's car is high enough to go up wheel ramps? Big Grin

I reckon a couple of scaffold planks to lessen the angle of the ramps drive the front on then jack up the back and put the second set of ramps under the rear wheels.
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 05:44 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(28-10-2014, 05:40 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Good idea Chris but who's car is high enough to go up wheel ramps? Big Grin

I reckon a couple of scaffold planks to lessen the angle of the ramps drive the front on then jack up the back and put the second set of ramps under the rear wheels.

Yeah deffo need planks mate, would add a 3rd dimension though I agree Smile
Thanks given by:
I like that idea!!! Cracking idea chris!

I can do that no problem!

I thought it was a different ds3 club that was near us, or was that just an extension of them??! My bad.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 05:57 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(28-10-2014, 05:44 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

I have lowered car ramp attachments I made out of angle iron. More than happy to bring them along...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Anyone fancy nicking one of those really high car stands from a forecourt/garage.
Then we could have a underview of a 306!!

I still think a rolling shell of a 306 would look ace. Could be painted really cheaply (rollers) in the french flag colours too!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Someone needs to volunteer who's got a nice exhaust, no sill rot and not going on track lol
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 07:55 PM)Piggy Wrote: I thought it was a different ds3 club that was near us, or was that just an extension of them??! My bad.
Really? I must of missed them. I was too busy trying to keep away from the special needs C2 group opposite us.

I really think the actual DS3 clubs stand last year gives us an idea of what we need to beat. ALso have you been on their site, they were planning on doing a mad hatters tea party stand theme at a different show last summer and had some great ideas.

(28-10-2014, 08:02 PM)Piggy Wrote: Anyone fancy nicking one of those really high car stands from a forecourt/garage.
Then we could have a underview of a 306!!

I still think a rolling shell of a 306 would look ace. Could be painted really cheaply (rollers) in the french flag colours too!

I know exactly the stands you mean but don't they work like a seesaw? I can see that going horribly wrong with someone with too much enthusiasm trying to get a car onto them. Also you'd need a huge trailer to get them to the show as they are about 6 meters long but if we could get a set that would be incredible.

Again a 306 rolling shell (with doors and boot and that) is a seriously heavy bit of kit and won't look right without an engine as it'll sit massively high. But great idea.
Thanks given by:
Without doors and boot and bonnet then!

Just to show off the core of a 306!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The shell on its own is about 200kg completely stripped and when they are they dont really look like 306s, the 3 doors are a bit better but the 5 and the estate just look like random scrap.
Thanks given by:
Oui oui cheese and wine! Make love to my wife! French theme gets my vote!
Thanks given by:
Retro push bikes, preferably peugeots.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Can we have a table display of original sales brochures for old 306s and similar models?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-10-2014, 07:57 PM)Grant Wrote:
(28-10-2014, 05:57 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(28-10-2014, 05:44 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I reckon a couple of scaffold planks to lessen the angle of the ramps drive the front on then jack up the back and put the second set of ramps under the rear wheels.

I have lowered car ramp attachments I made out of angle iron. More than happy to bring them along...

(28-10-2014, 08:26 PM)Piggy Wrote: Without doors and boot and bonnet then!

Just to show off the core of a 306!

So you moan about the unrealistic and unhelpful approach some have taken to this thread, yet when i try to offer genuine help, you still rattle on about something that will frankly never happen.

Who is going to:

-Donate a 306 shell
-Trailer it there
-Do the work to it, to get it in the state you desire
-Dispose of it after
-Stomach the financial cost of all the above

I agree, a table with original brochures on would be nice, but who has any? And if they do, would they be willing to leave them on a table at a car show. Stuff like that is becoming collectable.

Why not get our heads back in the room, and take examples of what people have done in previous years, then expand upon them.

A beach/Hawaiian would be easy. Just buy a couple of bags of kiln dried sand, throw it around. A few straw skirts, and some flower necklace things from a fancy dress store. People can wear them/decorate their cars. Maybe somebody could play Hawaiian music out of their car rather than Skrillex. Far easier than lugging a shell of a car to a car show IMO.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I wasnt really following the idea of the car shell,, personally i go to shows to see the finished examples, i see enough scrap 306's at work lol

In all fairness it is FRENCH car show. so a french theme is always going to be on the cards for pretty much every club i attendance, we just have to go that extra mile and be the best Big Grin
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Not sure how health and safety works at car shows....but I'd be pretty sure they won't allow a tonne of metal to sit above peoples heads.... Confused
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 08:24 AM)Grant Wrote: So you moan about the unrealistic and unhelpful approach some have taken to this thread, yet when i try to offer genuine help, you still rattle on about something that will frankly never happen.

Likewise I didn't mean to be whiny, just trying to be realistic.

I really think we need to be looking at maximum impact and originality for minimal outlay both in effort and financially.

I still think mad hatters tea party is an absolute winner and it lets us go mental with colours and balloons and stuff, It's cheap, it doesn't matter if a couple of people don't join in, financially its a really small cost.

Just for ideas balloons are about 50p each to fill with helium. Those balloons that are in the shapes of numbers and letters spelling out 306oc all over the shop. Could do 2 balloons tied to each wing mirror of each car and get them in colours that co-ordinate with the car. Actually we could probably get 306oc balloons printed really cheap. A couple hundred of them would look really boss.

I know this is gonna need funded some how and I'm happy to put in a fair bit of cash but as I assume others are going to help out too why don't we make up a little goodie bag for everyone that helps fund the stand like party bag style to give something back, just a 306oc balloon, special fcs15 306oc sticker, a sachet of lube and some other crappy trinkets to say thanks to people for putting the effort in.

Edit: 500 printed 10" balloons on ebay is £85
Thanks given by:
I do agree actually, would be a bit much financially REscrap 306 shell.

I like the idea of the 306oc 3D helium baloons though Chris, I think thats a genius stroke as it wouldadd some height to the stand! Maybe in the french flag colours!

306oc printed baloons, fancy looking into prices matey?? Some dark/light blue, some black, white, red etc to match car colours would look ace!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  April Club Meet 2015 MY95 17 4,677 27-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: 7057sam