French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe
I know I'm still trying to swap my Saturday :/
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor I thought you had doctors/got hit by a bus/got abducted by aliens/the dog ate your homework on saturday.
Thanks given by:
Haha not that simple, I'm booking the Friday off as well, so that'd look dodgy. All sorted now and camping ticket booked
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Me and Jamie have booked under Oc but Jamie will be in top 25
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Top 25 is for the weak.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
So if I order a top tonight when would it be ready by?
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 07:46 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: So if I order a top tonight when would it be ready by?
I wad thinking of ordering one for pay day, but don't know if I'd get it in time. 29th.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://306oc.spreadshirt.co.uk/shop/help...6#jumpto51

Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So is that a yes? I did notice the delivery time was 3-5 days but I'm not sure how quick they could produce them as I thought there are a few off here getting them
Thanks given by:
so track exhaust Db limit is 100db at half a metre from the exhaust outlet @ 4500rpm.

Is that the same for diesel?? 4500rpm is my redline!!

and anyone know a decent Db sound app for android??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2015, 03:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: so track exhaust Db limit is 100db at half a metre from the exhaust outlet @ 4500rpm.

Theres no such thing. But if i remember, ill bring my Db meter from work
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(just ordered a tshirt!)

(24-05-2015, 03:20 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-05-2015, 03:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: so track exhaust Db limit is 100db at half a metre from the exhaust outlet @ 4500rpm.

Theres no such thing. But if i remember, ill bring my Db meter from work

bit late if its on the day.

I may try a road trip before FCS as they said on the site that they will test them ahead of time for you. 

Also says 75% refund on track time if you are over 100db...but I  dont fancy getting all that far and not going on track!

how LOUD is 100dB!? and will they really want it at 4500rpm!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I ran my Mitsubishi Evo with a decat and stainless exhaust. It blew 99dB. I doubt yours would be louder, surely? There are diesel golf's running big power that race here and they pass noise test easily.

If you want to have it tested, any day there is a track day on, they'll sound test you. Might be hard finding someone any other day.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
It'll be 3/4 max rpm piggy on diesels, vtec and BECs
Thanks given by:
I was in a B18 Civic on Friday where they wanted 4500rpm. I'd imagine you're right about Diesels though Chris.

I've never known a diesel to fail on exhaust noise.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
100 Db is FUCKINGS LOUD, so yeah, unless drainpipe with screamer, diesels tend to be ok.

my old htc flatlined at 83 Db btw, I tried one of those apps to measure a mates 8v throttle bodied 205, it went DERP at 5k rpm...

of intake noise at 5 metres Rofl
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
^^^ you say that, My 2.1 TD wasn't loud but was up at 90 something db whereas JP's GTi6 was down in in the 80s IIRC
Thanks given by:
mine is probably in the low 80's, exhaust side, not intake though Big Grin
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
cool.

May try and see if someone local may randomly have one.
It's just I am swapping to full straight through without silencers this week Undecided

Have to test it a little with the vanes too...I may have a play and use the vanes to dampen the sound a bit! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I really wouldn't expect a diesel exhaust to hit 100dB, even with no exhaust lol, think you'll be surprised how 'quiet' it is when measured.
Thanks given by:
Turbos often quieten an exhaust. Not always true as a lot of the Jap stuff proves but as a general rule it's fairly accurate. Couple this with low revving diesels and you'll be fine.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
You'd be surprised. Diesels don't sound as loud as they are because of the low tone of the exhaust but they are surprisingly loud on a db meter.
Thanks given by:
In 2008 some health and safety types turned up with readers to measure our tanks. They were looking for about 110db. The first one they measured read 165db!
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
What size engine is in a tank though? Presumably a bit bigger than 2.1 litre... Tongue
Thanks given by:
Bass usually reads high on db meters in clubs that I play with the band, could be the downside of dervs as they are very bassy, Kyle kaye wasn't allowed on track in his DT year before last
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2015, 05:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: What size engine is in a tank though?  Presumably a bit bigger than 2.1 litre... Tongue

Tank is 27 llitre twin turbo V12, so perhaps it was going to be loud!

Good point Matt, bass reads high. But still, I know some seriously loud diesels that still pass the sound limit at combe. 
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2015, 06:18 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote:
(25-05-2015, 05:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: What size engine is in a tank though?  Presumably a bit bigger than 2.1 litre... Tongue

Good point Matt, bass reads high. But still, I know some seriously loud diesels that still pass the sound limit at combe. 

Wow.  I wasn't expecting that...  How do you possibly carry enough fuel to get it anywhere!? Confused 
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2015, 06:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(25-05-2015, 06:18 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote:

Wow.  I wasn't expecting that...  How do you possibly carry enough fuel to get it anywhere!? Confused 

Umm because its a tank? You aint gonna have a poxy 60 litre tank lol
Thanks given by:
I guessed that. Wink

But it must need a massive fuel tank to do any sort of distance lol. Can't be much space left around the engine and tank to fit people and explosives!
Thanks given by:
Fully bombed n fueled with armour i think they are nearly 70 ton. Do about 40mph everywhere
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 16,036 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: French Car Show 2018 - Donington - 7th & 8th July 2018 Eeyore 19 17,164 04-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,535 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000