French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show: French Car Show 2015 - Castle Combe
I'm betting my engine blows up haha it's not in the best condition. On the plus side if it does I can chuck a 16v in Big Grin
Thanks given by:
What engine is it using at the minute?
Thanks given by:
quarry is ok its camp that caught me

niall just drive to what your happy with Wink looser Tongue

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 10:21 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote: What engine is it using at the minute?

1.6 8v so is still a quick engine think it's the same as the Rallye engine has the 1.1 gearbox so it's perfectly suited to Coombe Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 10:48 PM)cully Wrote: quarry is ok its camp that caught me

Quarry is a bit more of a technical corner, and has an added risk of Avon Rise. Camp though, is a much faster corner and very easy to slide on. If you slide into the infield as me and you have both done, its ok. But if you get it wrong and head to the far side of the track you'll likely hit the barrier at 60mph+ and flip. Scary stuff. 

(01-03-2015, 10:50 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: 1.6 8v so is still a quick engine think it's the same as the Rallye engine has the 1.1 gearbox so it's perfectly suited to Coombe Big Grin

Ah right, 100bhp job. Good engine, and good fun to be had. An entire race series (stock hatch) pretty much uses this engine as its basis. 
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 11:16 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote:

Quarry is a bit more of a technical corner, and has an added risk of Avon Rise. Camp though, is a much faster corner and very easy to slide on. If you slide into the infield as me and you have both done, its ok. But if you get it wrong and head to the far side of the track you'll likely hit the barrier at 60mph+ and flip. Scary stuff. 

(01-03-2015, 10:50 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: 1.6 8v so is still a quick engine think it's the same as the Rallye engine has the 1.1 gearbox so it's perfectly suited to Coombe Big Grin

Ah right, 100bhp job. Good engine, and good fun to be had. An entire race series (stock hatch) pretty much uses this engine as its basis. 

Yeah I'm debating joining the Castle Coombe saloon championship next year. Would like to get back into racing. So excited to get the 106 on track
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 11:20 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

Yeah I'm debating joining the Castle Coombe saloon championship next year. Would like to get back into racing. So excited to get the 106 on track

Go for it! 

I was toying with the idea of starting with the Classic Sports Car Club a while back, and possibly moving into Combe Saloons. I'll do it at some point, but it's a LOT of money.

I weighed it all up and decided I'd rather have a house sorted first and take a journey into the racing world later. Plus, I'm considering starting in motorcycle racing instead, much cheaper per season. 
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 11:25 PM)Pebbles167 Wrote:
(01-03-2015, 11:20 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

Go for it! 

I was toying with the idea of starting with the Classic Sports Car Club a while back, and possibly moving into Combe Saloons. I'll do it at some point, but it's a LOT of money.

I weighed it all up and decided I'd rather have a house sorted first and take a journey into the racing world later. Plus, I'm considering starting in motorcycle racing instead, much cheaper per season. 

Yeah my friend races motorbikes he says it's a lot cheaper and less hassle than car racing.  
Thanks given by:
screw it. Ill book the 2 hour session even though i dont have a car...
Thanks given by:
You going to run it?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
be cautious and listen to the breif
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2015, 09:23 PM)Niall Wrote: Gunna book a 15min session in a min. Will be a slowish 15 mins though as I've never done a track in anger and quarry scares me lol

I'm shure me,chris,steve or sam (if the cars ready)could give you a passenger ride before to help you with the lines. 

Quarry and camp are my favourite bents probably because there the most challenging.Any ways with a front wheel drive monster we have lol a stomping of right foot sorts out most things unless your really steaming it into the bent
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
As Sam says, I'm on 2 hr pit with no passengers. More than happy to have anyone ride along Smile

I expect others will have room to acaccommodate people too.
Thanks given by:
i doo
Thanks given by:
Im happy to have passengers, mrs piggy gets first refusal mind.
however, you sit down, shut up and dont laugh at my awful driving!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Niall you can't ride with me because you're a prick
xox

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Anyone can jump in for a few laps with me as well Smile gives me a chance to get to know some people Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll prob come along, but just putting this out there - FCS wasn't that great last year compared to the action days at the same venue, especially given the price ...
Thanks given by:
If it wasn't for you guys wouldn't bother going (even if I did own a pug lol )

Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 10:43 PM)lolsteve Wrote: If it wasn't for you guys wouldn't bother going (even if I did own a pug lol )

AHHHH! feel the love right there give us a hug Heart

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 07:15 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: Anyone can jump in for a few laps with me as well Smile gives me a chance to get to know some people Smile

Can I put Mrs Piggy forward for this??

She LOOOOVVEESS going on track and I am quite sure my time on track won't be fun enough for her!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah no problem bud Smile gutted you ain't out with me Tongue fatlapit is most likely going to dominate depending on boost psi Tongue
Thanks given by:
nooo im not fast lol

atspeed 106 should be there lol
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2015, 10:47 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(03-03-2015, 07:15 PM)Lwilliams Wrote: Anyone can jump in for a few laps with me as well Smile gives me a chance to get to know some people Smile

Can I put Mrs Piggy forward for this??

She LOOOOVVEESS going on track and I am quite sure my time on track won't be fun enough for her!

Are you saying you need another man to satisfy your woman's needs? Ouch

Tongue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Can someone take me out in a Deieselweisel? I wan't to see what all the fuss is about Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm happy to embarrass myself Pebbles
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Quick passenger ride in eachothers cars on the cards Pigman? Smile
Thanks given by:
Sounds good Smile

Been happy to get some track tips off you ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm no expert, I could give minor advice but only because I learned the hard way. I'll point you in the direction of a few other pug fans I know for tips.

I crashed a few years back, and since then got some tuition and practiced better driving.
Thanks given by:
Steves top tip: Drive like you stole it & invest in brakes that won't let you down coming up to a corner lol

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Forge Action Day - 08/09/18 Eeyore 15 15,975 10-09-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: cully
  Show: French Car Show 2018 - Donington - 7th & 8th July 2018 Eeyore 19 17,096 04-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Show: Castle Combe - Spring Action Day - 07/04/18 Eeyore 43 18,454 08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Cho99er5000