More problems... Recurring tps closed circuit fault even though I've fitted new tps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More problems... Recurring tps closed circuit fault even though I've fitted new tps
I'd say its a wiring issue tbh, unlikely that 2 TPS will have exactly the same fault, was new one VDO branded?

If you haven't already, unplug the engine loom from the chassis on the nearside and make sure its clean and dry. Also try find out which pins are TPS pins and check those with a multimeter. Also check the earths are good, I'm not sure which one the TPS uses but it'll probably be one of the small ones near the ABS pump.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the tips I'll check those later
Thanks given by:
Lol at project lemon, seems unfortunately fitting. Big Grin

Running on can only really be an ignition fault or a dodgy fpr, did you get a chance to have a look at the fpr?

EDIT: The reason i asked about a genuine tps is because it wouldn't be the first time a pattern part was made with wide enough tolerances the ecu wasn't happy with the resulting signal. Have had the problem a few times, particularly with lambda sensors.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure it had vdo on the side.
I had a look at the fpr, wasn't really sure what was wrong with it.
I cleaned it up and put it back in. What a twat of a job to do, especially if you have oaf like hands

Might get a replacement from scrap yard
Thanks given by:
Should be good then, must be a wiring issue somewhere.

It is a bastard of a job, taking off the fuel filter housing bracket makes access a lot easier. Have you taken a look at the link in my sig yet? Might be a few things in there that'll help you out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I did have a look a wwhile back, I'll have a look again
Thanks given by:
It just cut out under acceleration, very f*cking dodgy. Especially if you're on a motorway
luckily I wasn't

I'd just like express this has nothing to do with James map. It a playing up before hand and the problems have got steadily worse

Just reread your trouble shooting guide and it seems as though I need a new fpr

So I'm going to get a fpr from the scrap yard tomorrow and unplug the maf sensor see what it does
Thanks given by:
if you look on the inter webs you can get an oe one for bout £80

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-BOSCH-...4897.l4275
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDi Starting Issues (lift pump power circuit) mcglynn 41 5,598 01-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo