HELP ME : Hdi issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP ME : Hdi issues
So im after a bit of help or some suggestions from you useful people

2001 hdi meridian

Sometimes, randomly it just wont start. First turn of key the lift pump doesnt prime, off then back on will always prime second time around. However it doesnt seem to want to start unless you let it run its full priming period. Even then sometimes i have to do it a few times around

Plugged in and theres a fault code for immobiliser. Ok so it sounds like sometimes the immobiliser doesnt disarm.

Had a spare ring for around the barrell, that didnt solve anything. Hoping its not the ecu itself as i just bought it, its mapped and i fitted the bsi and keyfobs etc

So i do have a spare ecu i could try if needs be
Car has no running issues once started
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No one got any ideas?? Seems only certain people get a useful reply on here at times. Never seems to be me!
Thanks given by:
that would sugets a weak lift pump or fuel relay
Thanks given by:
To be fair the lift pump is original, 160k
Haven't changed as it doesnt cut out etc.

When changed fuel filter there was some gold filings.... Hmm
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2014, 08:12 PM)Jimbo Wrote: No one got any ideas?? Seems only certain people get a useful reply on here at times. Never seems to be me!

It's only been two and a half hours love, keep your hair on. Sorry i took the evening off and watched a film instead of coming on here lol. Sounds like immobiliser issues, although could be pump or relay. Diagnostics is the best way forwards.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-10-2014, 09:44 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(22-10-2014, 08:12 PM)Jimbo Wrote: No one got any ideas?? Seems only certain people get a useful reply on here at times. Never seems to be me!

It's only been two and a half hours love, keep your hair on. Sorry i took the evening off and watched a film instead of coming on here lol. Sounds like immobiliser issues, although could be pump or relay. Diagnostics is the best way forwards.

I know its just streesing me out. See i want to ignore the immobiliser fault and hope its just struggling for fuel pressure, it seems to play up more whrn hot, after 10 mile drive or so and say left for half hour.

Got a spare lift pump here too, but half a tank of fuel means i cant change it yet, right??
Thanks given by:
tank pump lifts out the top of the tank through the hole under the back seats
you should be able to get it out with half a tank of fuel, just be carfull with the large ring not to distort it when trying to turn it as it will be a bitch refit
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers cully, already had this one out to clean the strainer, wasnt sure if id make a mess having half a tank

Will fit it this afternoon and report back ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
I changed one with a full tank.... lmao

On a hill as well, probably lost a fiver of diesel and it lifted the tarmac on the path! Confused

As I say though, didn't lose much even with a full tank.
Thanks given by:
Yeh it shouldnt be a problem changing the pump. Its easy.
Thanks given by:
Keep the DT..... Big Grin sorry not much help, or is it?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 09:39 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Keep the DT..... Big Grin sorry not much help, or is it?

great idea... keep it for another 2 weeks so i can buy it...
Thanks given by:
Tbh i have been considering it Wink
But needs to go however much ill regret it
Thanks given by:
Fail....
Thanks given by:
What wasn't plugged in/done up/switched on?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: