Heater fan doesn't.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater fan doesn't.
Non aircon ones I'd sell you for a tenner plus postage, not sure if I've got an aircon one though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2014, 04:45 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: Non aircon ones I'd sell you for a tenner plus postage, not sure if I've got an aircon one though Smile

Hi Matt,

Thanks for that. I assume that a non-aircon fan will not fit.

I'll try and drop the fan next week, let you know what I find.

OT ... I looked at my MOT, did some sums, found I did 8,000 miles in last 11 months. I thought it would be about half that, haven't been anywhere. Previous year was about 5,000, but I only had car for about 10 months of that.

Thanks given by:
I wonder sometimes which "ebay" people use...
I found 10-15 blower motors at £25. Most expensive was £80... Least was £10!
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...57&alt=web
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
[quote='Piggy' pid='493771' dateline='1417073753']
I wonder sometimes which "ebay" people use...
I found 10-15 blower motors at £25. Most expensive was £80... Least was £10!

Hi Piggy,

There are certainly more heater motors listed than there were a few days ago. I managed to find this one fairly quickly, there may be others further doww the listing.

One has to question the wisdom of replacing a "known problem" item with something similar taken from a car that presumably was considered not viable to keep on the road. Punting a tenner may be worth the risk, but paying this sort of money for a used item, makes me wonder if there is an alternative solution. I don't pay anything like that for starter motors. I wonder if my mate in Mumbai knows anybody who can rewind these motors? Does anybody know what the French is for heater fan? I often while away a hapy hour browsing foreign Chapters of Ebay.

Thanks given by:
Hi,

Today I bit the bullet, laid myself on the gravel and pulled the starter motor. Worst bit was being unable to look straight through my spectacle lenses.

It was held in by four screws, not the three I was expecting. Er ... screws. They looked awful like hexagon socket heads, but none of my Allen keys would fit. I eventually used a T15 Torx screwdriver. Great fun getting at the one above the cubby hinge, until I realised that it was accessed THROUGH the hinge.

Having dropped the motor, I sat it on the carpet, and plugged the connection in, then switched on the ignition. Nothing!
I played with the fan switch, still nothing. Walked round to passenger door, lifted the motor ... and the fan started to spin very fast. Oops! Due to short wires, the motor had to stand with the rotor resting on the carpet. I was reluctant to put the motor down, which would stop the rotor, so I tried to switch off with the speed control knob. I could slow the rotor down to just mildly fast, but not stop it. Can that be right? If the ignition is ON then the fan will spin? Or is there a secret OFF switch?

I had a grope up inside the pipework, found a flap that didn't seem to be connected to any of the controls. ??? It seemed to be dangling, but could not be pulled out of the trunking. I left it "wedged" in higher up the pipe, but not obstructing it.

I left putting it back until tomorrow, went to TOOLSTATION, bought a set of Torx drivers with longer blades, to make life easier.

So, it seems that I do not need a new fan motor, but have no idea why it wasn't working.

Oh yes. After pulling the various relays, my next journey was a 5AM start for Wales. Engine started as normal. I stopped after half a mile to reset the sat-nav. When I tried to restart, the battery would not turn the starter. Luckily I was on a hill, so could bump start it. After 180 miles, the starter worked as normal. ??? But then I noticed that the digital clock was flashing, and showing giberish. Was it something I said?

Thankou for everybody's interest.

Thanks given by: