URGENT: OMEX Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT: OMEX Help
Just looking at the omex book. Are you sure there isn't something shorting the B row of pins? 1,2 and 5B are the ones affected by you, 3 and 4 aren't used by you and 6 is a chassis earth.
Maybe check its not shorting inside the casing.

Although that is a long shot!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It all came as a premade loom. Had been fine all summer and is only now a problem. Will have to check it all tomorrow.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 07:57 PM)SRowell Wrote: It all came as a premade loom. Had been fine all summer and is only now a problem. Will have to check it all tomorrow.

Just because it was working in summer, doesn't mean it is now lol Wink

Have a look and check for shorting as Niall says. Make sure those pins are located into the loom plug correctly as well.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Sam you spanner, i meant the pins in the omex its self

[attachment=19753]

The right angle ones coming off the plug there.
Oh and thats my omex. 99% sure I've just found my problem Undecided
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What's the problem with yours?
Thanks given by:
Not saying till I've confirmed it but bugger me I'm going to feel like a cock if it is what i think it is!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
haha can i tell them ill enjoy it more telling everyone how much of a fool you are? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 09:47 PM)Stef205 Wrote: haha can i tell them ill enjoy it more telling everyone how much of a fool you are? Big Grin

Once I've confirmed what it is and no doubt text you, yes you may Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
f*ck YOU YOU FUXKING HEAP OF SHITE OMEX.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2014, 06:53 AM)SRowell Wrote: f*ck YOU YOU FUXKING HEAP OF SHITE OMEX.
Having more trouble by any chance? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahaha.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Did 20 miles last night no problems. Then this mronignwhen I need to get to a sailing competition I've paid for and a premier inn I've paid for it doesn't work at all! Managed to get it to run for 5 seconds by wiggling it but didn't work...

Borrowed a prius for the weekend. What an amazing car it is. Bit of a brick and no power but its stupidly quiet and goes fast with ease! Automatic too which I've never driven before!
Thanks given by:
Uh oh....now you've tried a newer car you won't wanna go back. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 10:24 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Uh oh....now you've tried a newer car you won't wanna go back. Tongue
Not true the reason I have an older car is because I drive new ones all day. The prius is great in principle but there are better hybrids imo.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 12:02 PM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(26-10-2014, 10:24 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Uh oh....now you've tried a newer car you won't wanna go back. Tongue
Not true the reason I have an older car is because I drive new ones all day. The prius is great in principle but there are better hybrids imo.

Mate this isn't just a Prius... Its a Prius 10th anniversary limited edition.
Thanks given by:
Its still a Prius....

[Image: 264.jpg]

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
A Prius Anni? Is that like the Mk4 Golf Anni? Has a horrible bodykit, a number written on it and then costs 4 times the price of a regular one? lol

On topic though, whats happening now, are you gonna send the Omex away to be checked or...?
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 04:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote: On topic though, whats happening now, are you gonna send the Omex away to be checked or...?

He is otherwise I'm going to slap him so hard he's going to be back in his old mans testicle!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Oh I see. Confused lol
Thanks given by:
News! So this got posted to Omex and arrived with them on tuesday morning. It got to today (friday) and i gave them a call and they went and found the parcel and bothered to open it. After that and explaining it was kind of urgent and it was for my daily car they called 30 minutes later to say they had found the problem. It was a dry joint on the EEPROM chip which they fixed within that 30 minutes. Havent charged me anything for it and only charged £15.45 return postage which should be here by 1pm on saturday! yaayyyyy

hopefully thats the problem fixed! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Wish I had of suggested a fault with the ECU and to send it off about a month ago! Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-11-2014, 02:21 PM)Niall Wrote: Wish I had of suggested a fault with the ECU and to send it off about a month ago! Wink

yeh that would have been helpful mate. Totally didn't help that it was intermittent but hopefully we are on the way to having a working and once again reliable car!

if anything at least i have been forced to take the train to london and to client site which proved to be a long and tiring experience. Im crap with trains so at least i feel more confident now.
Thanks given by: