Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
406 V6 Saloon?
#1
Been car shopping this morning, went to look at a '6 that turned out to be a shed but the guy had a 406 he was trying to shift. It's a silver, 3.0 210 bhp V6 manual saloon, with heated electric black leather, cruse, climate, loads of other toys, with a full Pug service history and 66k on the clock. Apparently he's been trying to shift it for a while because no-one wants a 3.0 petrol family car with petrol at £1.30 a litre, so he offered to put a full MOT on it for me at £550 Confusedhock:

Now that to me sounds like a HUGE bargain, I've driven 406s so I know their pretty good handlers with a nice ride, and obviously with 210 bhp it'll go like stink but I've never seen a modded 406 saloon...

I'm thinking boot spoiler, subtle lowering (if springs are available?), tints and some black Challengers (if they fit?) and it could look good Smile

Opinions/pics?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#2
Go for it, sounds like it'll be fun.
#3
Two words, do and it


Attached Files Image(s)
               
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#4
Oooo. Do it Big Grin
[Image: Signature.jpg]
#5
theyre nice cars inside, just make sure all the toys work, not entirely sure on the going like stink bit, theyre quite heavy ish cars but i hear they handle quite numble

£550 certainly does sound like quite a bargain though!!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#6
You could definitely break it and make youre money back if you changed your mind too
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#7
hmmm...£550 sounds a tad like he wont tell you something major...I would do a very good check over and a comprehensive test drive before parting with your cash...but damn..550 is a bargin!
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
#8
Do it. Can make your money back stripping it of all else fails.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#9
Just got back from having a drive, it's pretty bloody nice actually. Very comfy, sounds lovely and goes really well, there's none of that waiting for 4k that you get with a '6, it pulls hard from 2k revs. Handling is failrly good too, very good for a big FWD saloon, took it down a couple of twisty roads and it turns in well, has loads of grip and doesn't understeer, but it needs stiffer springs because it rolls like feck...

Almost all the toys work as well, except the electric sunroof will only slide back 2-3 inches. It feels good to drive, sits at the right temps, doesn't have knocking or banging coming from the suspension, clutch and gearchange feel fine, and it's in very good nick, aside from a scrape about 8 inches long and 2 inches wide on the OSR corner bumper that could easily be tarted up the body is PERFECT...

Something doesn't feel right though. I don't know whether it's because it's so cheap, or because I didn't like the guy selling it, but I have a bad feeling about that car and I don't know why...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#10
if you have a bad feeling then dont buy it bud!! i wouldnt
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#11
Thing is, there's no reason to have a bad feeling, I just do...

I think I'll leave it, but I think I'm missing a bargain Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#12
For that price Id still be tempted with a view to break it if something "isnt right" about it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#13
THE_Liam Wrote:Thing is, there's no reason to have a bad feeling, I just do...

I think I'll leave it, but I think I'm missing a bargain Sad

Buy it and sell it on?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
#14
Midnightclub Wrote:
THE_Liam Wrote:Thing is, there's no reason to have a bad feeling, I just do...

I think I'll leave it, but I think I'm missing a bargain Sad

Buy it and sell it on?

Can't be arsed with the hassle to be honest, and like the guy selling it I can't see any demand for a 3.0 V6 family car. I think £550 is about what it's worth, even though a HDI 130 in that nick would be 2.5-3k...

Anyone want a low-mileage V6 for a conversion?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#15
Dum Dum does...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#16
Might be a bit far for him. It will have 12 months MOT on it, I wonder how much the guy would want with the 2 months it has on it...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#17
easily take £50 off for an MOT
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#18
full mot for 550?????? id be snapping it up, then end of twelve months sell the engine and weigh in the rest, only thing youll be out is running costs through the year
#19
Mate if you buy it and it does turn out to be a dog then as long as the engine still runs then ill have it off you.

Get it for £500 and youve got a real bargain
#20
I'll have a think about it Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#21
Buy it!!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#22
Think I'm gonna leave it, overtook a black 406 coupe on the way back from picking our lass up, the saloon just isn't as pretty Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#23
That's a pity, would have made an epic project...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#24
Poodle Wrote:That's a pity, would have made an epic project...
That's what I thought, but now ive seen an Audi Coupe 2.3 5 cylinder that I quite like, always wanted a 5 cylinder Audi Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#25
liam man you have had more cars than toms306 has revd his car into the redline, just get some clacked out old ford escort na diesel end of, Tongue
the 406s are nice motors like, but if you had a bad feeling then yeah id have a gave it a miss. also it may cost a fortune to feed it even tho the cars a bargin and its a v6. Sad
#26
procta Wrote:liam man you have had more cars than toms306 has revd his car into the redline, just get some clacked out old ford escort na diesel end of, Tongue
the 406s are nice motors like, but if you had a bad feeling then yeah id have a gave it a miss. also it may cost a fortune to feed it even tho the cars a bargin and its a v6. Sad

Wouldn't be worse that this knackered Calibra mate, I'm getting 19 mpg...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#27
THE_Liam Wrote:
procta Wrote:liam man you have had more cars than toms306 has revd his car into the redline, just get some clacked out old ford escort na diesel end of, Tongue
the 406s are nice motors like, but if you had a bad feeling then yeah id have a gave it a miss. also it may cost a fortune to feed it even tho the cars a bargin and its a v6. Sad

Wouldn't be worse that this knackered Calibra mate, I'm getting 19 mpg...
you should have stuck to 1.6 ladas or drop get a nova 1.1c Tongue
#28
For £550 I would have bought it and sold the engine to dum dum
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#29
"procta Wrote:you should have stuck to 1.6 ladas or drop get a nova 1.1c Tongue

They didn't do a 1.1 Nova cocker Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#30


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To saloon or not to saloon bashbarnard 24 9,152 10-07-2014, 10:46 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)