HDI Powerrrrr

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI Powerrrrr
Thumbs Up 
Alright guys, new to forum got my hdi estate as a workhorse today, it's nippier than I expected. Heard they're quite tuneable motors with stage 1 2 and 3, I'm happy to go the length but just have a few noob questions really. Will a standard HDI decat pipe work on my estate & bolt streight up? And what else is recommended for them extra ponies?
Thanks given by:
cat's are now an mot item and must look to be in the system
Thanks given by:
The downpipes on the various hdi models are all the same. As to further tuning, have a look in the guide and project sections, enough ideas and information in those to keep you going for months.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
stage 1 - remap to 125hp, decat will help at this stage, as will an EGR Blank
stage 2 - FMIC and uprated clutch, remap to 155hp.
stage 3 - R70 Pump, Custom remap to 165+

The stock paper filter is very good so no need to put an after market filter on.
Thanks given by:
Would be happy with 155 but with the price of a helix clutch and front mount probably coming to more than the value of the car it's not worth it, ordered a decay. Anywhere reputable that does remaps cheap remaps NorthWest UK? Can't see myself paying 200+ quid
Thanks given by:
Jammapic has a deal on at the moment like 50 quid
Thanks given by:
If you can apply the map yourself there's several mappers about who can do it for you. Failing that, have a look HDi-tuning's mapped and unlocked ecu service.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Getting one done off a bird by mine tomorrow for 60quid hope all goes well! Ordered a decat and went to motorfactors today and got a service kit, don't think it's had one forever
Thanks given by:
Any idea where she has got the map from? There's a lot of people out there that will charge for applying maps you can get free off the internet, which are maps you really don't want anyway. It is possible to kill your car's ecu with a bad map/poor application, and if it doesn't kill the ecu it could still kill the engine in short order, seen it a few times on here.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
take a usb drive and get the orignal file form her as then you can put it on when it smokes to much for the mot or you whant more power
Thanks given by: