Windscreen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windscreen
Hi all,

I've had a cracked windscreen in the Rallye for a while now and it's gotten worse as I've had the blowers on it etc. and it is gonna need replacing. As the policy I have on the car doesn't cover windscreen replacement Im gonna have to fork out for it to get it thru mot.

I've tried googling it but there seems to be conflicting opinions. Also tried t get auto glass etc to quote online but they won't and I suspect they will charge £ra*e.99 so I was hoping someone had a rough idea of the cost?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
You can get a heated front windscreen for about £300 I think. May be a nice upgrade.
Thanks given by:
Heated windscreen on a 306? Not heard of that before!

Being a Rallye you'll have the crappy pov spec screen as standard (no solar reflect, no rain sensor bracket, not even sure if they get the slight tint!) so should be pretty cheap tbh. I'd say about £70 for the screen, about £50 for fitting. Could've gone up since I had one fitted though lol!
Thanks given by:
I got a quote for my ph3 with rain sensor bit...£280!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Just get one out of a scrap car and pay £50 fitting
Thanks given by:
I've never replaced a windscreen before and you know it's gonna sound dumb but I never even considered trying for a 2nd hand 1! Just ebayed it now and I can grab one for about £50 as I'm only after a PoV spec 1!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't bother with a used windscreen tbh, will probably already be chipped and scratched!

Cant you add windscreen cover to your insurance? Wait a couple of weeks then get it done through them?
Thanks given by:
Used a second hand one in mine that me and lee removed from his car before it went to scrap, had no chips or scratches and was better than a huge crack
Thanks given by:
usually about £100 all in for a 306 screen, I paid £130 recently for the ZX but that came with a new trim which was £30.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2014, 06:23 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Used a second hand one in mine that me and lee removed from his car before it went to scrap, had no chips or scratches and was better than a huge crack

Well a huge crack is never good! lol

Fair enough though, cant remember ever getting a 306 with a decent screen myself lol.
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2014, 08:41 AM)Orta Wrote: Hi all,

I've had a cracked windscreen in the Rallye for a while now and it's gotten worse as I've had the blowers on it etc. and it is gonna need replacing. As the policy I have on the car doesn't cover windscreen replacement Im gonna have to fork out for it to get it thru mot.

I've tried googling it but there seems to be conflicting opinions. Also tried t get auto glass etc to quote online but they won't and I suspect they will charge £ra*e.99 so I was hoping someone had a rough idea of the cost?

I'm in the same situation, mines also a Rallye lol
Thanks given by:
(16-10-2014, 06:23 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Used a second hand one in mine that me and lee removed from his car before it went to scrap, had no chips or scratches and was better than a huge crack

It was a pain in the ass to remove with a bonnet cable to cut it out lol

Thanks given by:
(16-10-2014, 05:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I wouldn't bother with a used windscreen tbh, will probably already be chipped and scratched!

Cant you add windscreen cover to your insurance? Wait a couple of weeks then get it done through them?

I could but it jacks the premium up which as I pay yearly is have to fork out for all, then there's a £90 excess for windscreen replacement.

Honestly my windscreen is buggered so even a 2nd hand with a few bits wrong is a massive step up. As long as it's not so bad it fails a test!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
£90 excess? Mine was £50 lol, but that was about 4 years ago, should probably check what it is now. Confused

If you are getting used one, try and get a genuine one, aftermarket ones pick up big chips so easily!
Thanks given by:
Whereabouts do folk recommend I can get this fitted as I've asked a few local garages and they r all saying they won't attempt?
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Don't know if they'll be one around you but I used Phoenix windscreens for mine
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windscreen replacement mackat 7 1,711 09-03-2017, 04:43 PM
Last Post: partybish
  Windscreen stuck in? KevinTW 9 2,488 24-11-2013, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Dean
  windscreen replacement yourself? Jimbo 6 2,058 07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Piggy