Turbo questions...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo questions...
hi guys,

this is going to sound a bit silly i know but wanted to check with someone that maybe in the know.

basically bora tdi turbo has gone pop and i need a replacment it is a pd130, which seems to make it hard to get a turbo.

several places have said any Garrett GT1749VA will fit but im scepticalas they have a code on them G64 038253016F, being mine.

however when i look it up online there are loads of different codes and different bhp tdi's so surely the turbos will be slightly different?

i know the pd150 one is, just wondering if anyone knows a bit better than me please?

thanks
Thanks given by:
Toms306 could possibly help, he replaced a turbo on his pd130 Golf.
Thanks given by:
GT1749va is the PD130 turbo
GT1749vb is the PD150 turbo

Both are interchangeable though. I just found the 150 turbo a bit more laggy tbh.

There are loads of GT1749v* though, the GM CDTi150's use one as well.

When I changed mine on the Golf (2.5 years ago) there weren't many used ones about and couldn't find one at scrap yards...ended up having to buy recon at like £300! Confused Did get £100 back for the dead turbo though.... lol
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2014, 01:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: GT1749va is the PD130 turbo
GT1749vb is the PD150 turbo

Both are interchangeable though. I just found the 150 turbo a bit more laggy tbh.

There are loads of GT1749v* though, the GM CDTi150's use one as well.

When I changed mine on the Golf (2.5 years ago) there weren't many used ones about and couldn't find one at scrap yards...ended up having to buy recon at like £300! Confused Did get £100 back for the dead turbo though.... lol

cheers tom my question is:

it has a second code G64 038253016F, i presume this is just a batch run or does that have to match on the turbo aswell as the GT1749VA??

it makes alot of difference in price

thanks
Thanks given by:
That's just the VW part number isn't it?

As long as its a GT1749va that fits the 1.9 PD (manifold is all in one) then it'll be fine. My recon didn't have a manufacturers part number at all.

Also, you'll probably need a turbo oil feed as they bend coming out. Dodgy

Edit - It is just the part number from a quick ebay check. I noticed the 2.0 PD also uses a GT1749va that looks similar, I'm not sure whether those ones would fit or not, wasn't any of those about when I was looking lol!
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2014, 01:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: That's just the VW part number isn't it?

As long as its a GT1749va that fits the PD (manifold is all in one) then it'll be fine. My recon didn't have a manufacturers part number at all.

Also, you'll probably need a turbo oil feed as they bend coming out. Dodgy

yes just wanted check as nearly £100 difference in price..

oil line i need and service parts and gaskets but im sure a local motor factors will have that lot..

hopefully it makes it easier to buy a turbo then

Smile
Thanks given by:
If you can use TPS the genuine parts become significantly cheaper! Its trade only, but I think you'd count as trade tbh.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure whether those ones would fit or not, wasn't any of those about when I was looking lol!
Thanks given by:
Deja vu.... Confused
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General d turbo questions Jukie88 4 1,065 11-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Jukie88
  Considering going to look at this Pug 405 d turbo. Few questions?? Chris_90 32 6,266 14-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Last Post: ozonehostile