HDI Lowered

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI Lowered
Hello I'm fairly new to the forum and just wondering if anyone has a clue how many nicks this 306 is lowered by? Also would they be 60mm coilovers/lowering springs in the front? [attachment=19451]
Thanks given by:
Way, way too many 'Nicks'.

Looks photoshopped in fact.

Coilovers aren't set MM, probably saxo springs with a coil cut off.

It's broken, don't buy it if you haven't already.

Ps. are you from N.I by any chance?
Thanks given by:
Oh ok, no I'm not actually trying to buy it, A friend just said that it was 3 nicks and I was convinced it wasn't [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] would you have any pictures of ones that are 3 nicks by any chance would love to prove him wrong [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] no I'm from R.o.i
Thanks given by:
I don't I'm afraid, problem is 'Nicks' is the incorrect way of lowering and is frowned upon.

It's certainly more than three 'Nicks' though

For reference, here's a picture of three 'Nicks'

[Image: Nick_Frost_Attack_Block_London_0xAD9jPhpdDl.jpg]
[Image: Radio-1-DJ-Nick-Grimshaw--014.jpg]
[Image: screen-shot-2013-07-28-at-17-46-52.png]
Thanks given by:
nice edit Wink
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2014, 05:51 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I don't I'm afraid, problem is 'Nicks' is the incorrect way of lowering and is frowned upon.

It's certainly more than three 'Nicks' though

For reference, here's a picture of three 'Nicks'

[Image: Nick_Frost_Attack_Block_London_0xAD9jPhpdDl.jpg]
[Image: Radio-1-DJ-Nick-Grimshaw--014.jpg]
[Image: screen-shot-2013-07-28-at-17-46-52.png]

Haha I'll definitely remember that know Smile so what is the right way most guides I find seem to be on about nicks or is that just an irish thing ?
Thanks given by:
Removing the torsion bars is the correct way, the notch method supposedly puts more strain on the bearings & is generally considered the wrong way to do it. There won't be any guides on here showing the notch method.
Thanks given by:
Its a pikey way in most people opinons. You cant get a decent adjustment. Your meant to draw the torsion bars out rather than bang the trailing arms out. Its a pain but gives more accurate results
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Definitely a NI job. Thats way too low. Lowering it via the nick method is the wrong way to do it. If you do it properly you can set it to however low you want!

Id say that was 3 nicks though...
Thanks given by:
Thanks a lot for all the replies Smile I know some of them can be ridiculously low.. What would ye recommend would be the lowest you could go before it becomes impractical?
Thanks given by:
a lot depends on what you plan on doing with the car

driving in fields you may want to raise it
driving on track you may want it lowered
driving on the road over sppedbumps std

you get the idea
end of its your choice
Thanks given by:
I suppose I'll be driving it mainly on normal/back roads so I wouldn't be able to lower it much
Thanks given by:
so i think to keep it looking balanced the rear is often 10-20mm lower than the front.

So ive got a 60mm drop at the front but about 70mm at the back.
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2014, 06:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: so i think to keep it looking balanced the rear is often 10-20mm lower than the front.

Is that not really low? Any pics of it so I can get an idea Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks like 3 maybe 4 nicks at the back, mines was 3 with cyclones and it wasn't as low at the back.
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2014, 06:25 PM)Scottp68877 Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 06:22 PM)SRowell Wrote: so i think to keep it looking balanced the rear is often 10-20mm lower than the front.

Is that not really low? Any pics of it so I can get an idea Smile

its on coilovers now but it has been on 40mm and 60mm springs. Also im on 15s. The wheels will be much more up in the arches with 17s.

[Image: IMG_20140721_210615_zpsfqpxulha.jpg]

and then look how low it is when you put it all underload round a corner. It really does depend on what spring rates and torsion bars youre running as to how low you can actually go. Im fine with the majority of speed bumps.

[Image: 2014-06-07-FrenchCarShow-5283_zpsffa3daa7.jpg]

look at this thread... lots of pictures of lowered cars all with the details.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-1143.html
Thanks given by: