Anti lock brake warning lamp gives mot fail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti lock brake warning lamp gives mot fail
My anti lock warning lamp does not come on with the ignition and has given me an mot fail [UNAMUSED FACE], is this the top left light if so it comes on occasionally but goes out when I turn off ignition and restart emgine
Smile
Thanks given by:
I thought if it didnt illuminate then it passes now?! Has that changed again!?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No since last year its always supposed to of illuminated then gone out but most MOT testers just don't bother. Sounds like you've got one who's doing his job properly!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 10:15 AM)Niall Wrote: No since last year its always supposed to of illuminated then gone out but most MOT testers just don't bother. Sounds like you've got one who's doing his job properly!

Does the same rule still apply if the system has been completely removed?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Damned jobsworth [FLUSHED FACE]
Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 09:56 AM)Piggy Wrote: I thought if it didnt illuminate then it passes now?! Has that changed again!?!

Your getting confused with the air bag light
Thanks given by:
If I'm right its the light that looks like a little car with skid marks, probably a yoot in a VW
Smile
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2014, 11:32 AM)Grant Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 10:15 AM)Niall Wrote: No since last year its always supposed to of illuminated then gone out but most MOT testers just don't bother. Sounds like you've got one who's doing his job properly!

Does the same rule still apply if the system has been completely removed?

I believe it is then classed as a race car lol and no, it doesn't apply however it does say the whole system has to be removed so i would imagine if you have a tester who's really picky, he would still pick up if you have the pump/ecu in.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Thats ok then.

I have no pump, ecu, sensors or wiring! lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Brakes ?
Smile
Thanks given by:
on our hdi estate ph3? its on the right hand side of the dash, orange with the "skid logo".......about nearly half way up from the bottom............it didny come on at all when we first got the car ( cos the bastard that sold it to us remove it along with several other bulbs ) but when a bulb was fitted it behaved properly after a short run..........I happened to "test" the system once with one front wheel of the deck and spun up in gear and applied the brakes, the light cam on and stayed on, till I drove it down the road a ways then it self cancelled..........are your sensors working ok?

they should be magnetic ( the thin blade thing that sticks out of the end by the sensor ring ) and when disconnected from the loom and a dmm used, and the wheel rotated, an output can be seen.........they also have a coil resistance which I cannot recall from memory but the info was gained form here, so look in the guides bit to start......
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2014, 09:46 AM)pug306driver Wrote: on our hdi estate ph3? its on the right hand side of the dash, orange with the "skid logo".......about nearly half way up from the bottom............it didny come on at all when we first got the car ( cos the bastard that sold it to us remove it along with several other bulbs ) but when a bulb was fitted it behaved properly after a short run..........I happened to "test" the system once with one front wheel of the deck and spun up in gear and applied the brakes, the light cam on and stayed on, till I drove it down the road a ways then it self cancelled..........are your sensors working ok?

they should be magnetic ( the thin blade thing that sticks out of the end by the sensor ring ) and when disconnected from the loom and a dmm used, and the wheel rotated, an output can be seen.........they also have a coil resistance which I cannot recall from memory but the info was gained form here, so look in the guides bit to start......

Seems to be either a dodgy wire/connection or sensor on the off side front. I've seen some aftermarket sensors on ebay, are they ok or should I give them a miss.
Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake bad warning light j-n-88 6 1,936 21-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: j-n-88
  brake lights fail maxlee 3 1,381 12-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Brake light switch fail again! Jimmyboycheck 7 2,212 14-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Jimmyboycheck