Is this the right brake set for 2001 hdi ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the right brake set for 2001 hdi ?
Looking for brakes on fleabay for my hdi & found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261520002591?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Will these fit Y reg hdi, mine has ABS, did all hdi's have ABS ?
I'm thinking of getting a set, cleaning them up and fitting new seals and a lick of paint then selling the ones off the car to pay for them, good idea huh ?
Thanks given by:
Yep they're fine, Lucas calipers for 266mm discs on the front and all the rears are the same anyway.

All phase 3s have ABS and EBD, and all HDi's are ph3. Smile

You could upgrade to GTi (283mm) fronts if you're going to the hassle of refurbishing them...
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 08:10 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yep they're fine, Lucas calipers for 266mm discs on the front and all the rears are the same anyway.

All phase 3s have ABS and EBD, and all HDi's are ph3. Smile

You could upgrade to GTi (283mm) fronts if you're going to the hassle of refurbishing them...

I did consider that but decided that the cost versus gain wasnt worth it,
maybe i'm wrong, the mrs says I always am ! lol
Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't think theres much difference in the price of them now though? I haven't looked for a while tbf!
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 08:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I don't think theres much difference in the price of them now though? I haven't looked for a while tbf!

Maybe I'll wait a while and see what comes up for sale, talking of which Toms306, youve just gone and posted hdi bits that I need but i'm under 100 Sad
Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't make the rules...or agree with that particular one. lol But not much I can do about it lol. You'll just have to make a few more posts!
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2014, 09:51 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I don't make the rules...or agree with that particular one. lol But not much I can do about it lol. You'll just have to make a few more posts!

I know dude, thats why I'm on here as much as I can recently
Smile
Thanks given by: