OMP wheel
Fitted this bad boy today Big Grin money well spent
[attachment=19327]

[attachment=19329]
Thanks given by:
Find i comfier? Hows the distance?
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2014, 06:45 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: Find i comfier? Hows the distance?

Feels extremely comfy and the distance is great, may still get the quick release but not to sure may have to pop yours on to see what it's like if that's cool Smile
Thanks given by:
looks good buddy. the centre nuts on mine are countersunk where as yours appear to protrude a bit. Be careful with your sweaty palms as it will compact the suede and it is very difficult to restore it!
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2014, 10:16 PM)SRowell Wrote: looks good buddy. the centre nuts on mine are countersunk where as yours appear to protrude a bit. Be careful with your sweaty palms as it will compact the suede and it is very difficult to restore it!

Yeah not sure why they aren't countersunk Hmm and yeah I'm worried about that, racing gloves will sort that lol
Thanks given by:
I've fitted one of these to mine and it's so much nicer to drive
Thanks given by:
Yeah I ruined a brand new omp suede wheel as was my daily wheel.

Can use a suede cleaner which brings them back quite well
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yeh nine has been ruined through daily use... I think you can rough them back up a bit with sand paper.
Thanks given by:
How much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking? Always wanted one in mine! But dont trust the dodgy reps made of cheese
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2015, 10:16 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: How much did it set you back if you dont mind me asking? Always wanted one in mine! But dont trust the dodgy reps made of cheese

This isn't genuine but really good wheel nice and strong and looks pretty close to the real one. Cost me £75 
Thanks given by:
Second hand ones on bay go for 40-50 ish

had a rep before wasn't the worst thing ever.
Thanks given by:
Ive got a proper one... think i paid £175 including the boss.
Thanks given by:
Hm yeah Id have to get a genuine one I think after seeing what happens with the fake ones / how bendy they are!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Genuine all the way... whats the point of a fake one apart from saving money? You can tell which are fake and who knows what they will be like in a crash... Its only a bit more cost for the real deal.
Thanks given by:
One day! Need to build a car first!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Have been eyeing these up too, just be nice to have that extra reach on the steering wheel as I'm part of the 'seat right back' club.

anyone fancy a swap for my italvolanti?

or any easy way to spot fakes when buying second hand?
Thanks given by:
Jimbo had a kode 1 in his kingfisher and that was decent quality at a sensible price

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1388076280
Thanks given by:
Omp do a 'wrc' wheel which is 350mm and semi dished which is a great compromise compared to full on dish.
Thanks given by:
I got 1 like this in my estate that seems pretty decent. Bought it off someone brand new and come in a omp box so guess its genuine but i only give £40 posted i think it was

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corsica-350Mm-...566e2e868a
Thanks given by:
I think OMP box means not alot, iirc trents came in a OMP box also but wasnt genuine!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
seen the feedback for the seller on that listing? lol, wouldn't trust it with a barge pole

tbf, if the price is too good to be true, then it most likely isn't a genuine item
Thanks given by:
Ah didn't look at his feedback, was just really to show similar to what I got.

I'm happy with what I got though tbh. Is there a way to tell if they are genuine then?
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 07:48 PM)Frosty Wrote: Ah didn't look at his feedback, was just really to show similar to what I got.

I'm happy with what I got though tbh. Is there a way to tell if they are genuine then?

I believe they have a OMP sticker on the back saying if it's genuine
Thanks given by:
ive a omp style wheel, made by kode so far so good doesnt flex at all stitching is good as with the swede.
[Image: 10599717_10154849448065338_5075510059735...bceb08.jpg]
Thanks given by:
After a couple of fakes i finally got a genuine last year.

Only obvious difference is the holographic sticker on the back, not seen a fake one that had it. And it has the serial number stamping on the back around the centre.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The best thing with OMP is, you can tell it's genuine if it looks like the holes were cut out by a 3 year old with a file.

The genuine ones are strong, but the finishing is somewhat dubious! I've got a genuine OMP one, but the suede is sadly a bit stuffed, desperately needs a retrim!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2015, 07:25 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I think OMP box means not alot, iirc trents came in a OMP box also but wasnt genuine!

This is correct, my Datsun one came in a genuine box and definately isn't genuine. Not that I care though!

OP - What boss did you use? Want to fit a fake OMP wheel to the 306.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(13-01-2015, 04:44 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(05-01-2015, 07:25 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I think OMP box means not alot, iirc trents came in a OMP box also but wasnt genuine!

This is correct, my Datsun one came in a genuine box and definately isn't genuine. Not that I care though!

OP - What boss did you use? Want to fit a fake OMP wheel to the 306.

I used a genuine OMP boss from Demon Tweeks Smile was around £53
Thanks given by:
I've just bought one of these from McGill Motorsports

http://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/13-rally...spars-301/

Seem pretty well rated by others online, and for the money seems like an absolute bargain. I'll get my label maker out and add an omp sticker - job done.

Will update when it arrives
Thanks given by:
i may, at some point, be over to steal your car!!!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: