what would you do..?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what would you do..?
Hi Guys.

So as some of you know im selling my gti 6.

Now i thought the head gasket was going a few months ago but i was going to keep the car and turbo it so that wasnt a worry. (coolant pressurising)

the mrs sold her car and needed to use one so she used the 306, on the off chance i thought im just going to try bleed the coolant system. bled it and took it for a drive and hay presto no pressure. anyway she has been driving it for a good couple of weeks now and i havent bothered with it. i went to show it to a potential buyer and it was missfiring on start up then after 10 seconds or so or a quick rev would clear.. checked coolant and its pressurised again. so its official, head gasket has gone.

now i wanted £900 for it and have so far knocked it down to £750 ono. no one seems intrested. do i knock it down and loose even more money or do the head and try and get my original £900 asking price.

To be honest i really cant be bothered to do the headgasket as ive declared intrest on another car and really just want this gone.

so would you fix it?
sell it dirt cheap?
or break it?

Thanks for any input on my dilemma...
Thanks given by:
Tbh, they're not selling well atm. I don't think you'd get back your money for fixing it, plus the time as well. Selling it cheaper is probably what I'd do in that situation, its not ideal though!
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2014, 03:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Tbh, they're not selling well atm. I don't think you'd get back your money for fixing it, plus the time as well. Selling it cheaper is probably what I'd do in that situation, its not ideal though!

This is Tru. I'm struggling to shift mine and it's not the worst out there. First choice I'd break it as you can get quite a bit of money out of them if the rear axle etc. are good. Second choice is sell is as is.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
I know Orta, I've seen your diablo on ebay for weeks! lol
Thanks given by:
bit of a nightmare really haha. just want rid of the bloody thing so i can get on with my next project.

i think flogging it off cheap is my only realistic option. dont really have the space to break it..

Thanks for your input guys.
Thanks given by:
Go and buy some steel seal about £40, I bodged mine up with that after it was misfiring on start up like yours. Lasted for a month of me thrashing it till it went again. Not perminant but enough to mask the problem.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that, but to be honest i would rather be honest. Would hate myself to buy a car that had that done to it.

Treat others how you want to be treated and all that.

Cheers tho.
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2014, 06:23 PM)S160six Wrote: Go and buy some steel seal about £40, I bodged mine up with that after it was misfiring on start up like yours. Lasted for a month of me thrashing it till it went again. Not perminant but enough to mask the problem.

People like you are what puts me off 2nd hand cars...

(05-10-2014, 07:50 PM)j_carter Wrote: Thanks for that, but to be honest i would rather be honest. Would hate myself to buy a car that had that done to it.

Treat others how you want to be treated and all that.

Cheers tho.

But people like you restore my faith in humanity!

Probably best thing for least hassle and to prevent more money lost is to take the hit and sell it as is. problem is most people aren't looking to buy a hot hatchback this time of year
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
i would beeeee! except i've got no money Sad
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
i wouldnt break it. its too much time and hassle and youve still got to store all the parts. you will find it very frustrating.

if you cant get rid of it cheap then fix it!
Thanks given by:
thanks for your replies guys. currently advertised for £750, will try dropping it down to £600 to start with.

Thanks again.
Thanks given by: