what could be wrong with my hdi?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what could be wrong with my hdi?
Hi all,

So i just started the hdi up after a month and a half, good thing is that she started up. Bad thing is i think something is going to go wrong with the car. When i started her up the revs went to 500 revs under 10, and now keeps revving up and down slowly, never use to happen before.. could this mean it could be the EGR Vaulve? Same thing happens to my dads 2008 ford transit..

Any advice?

Josh..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 04:55 PM)Josh1994 Wrote: Hi all,

So i just started the hdi up after a month and a half, good thing is that she started up. Bad thing is i think something is going to go wrong with the car. When i started her up the revs went to 500 revs under 10, and now keeps revving up and down slowly, never use to happen before.. could this mean it could be the EGR Vaulve? Same thing happens to my dads 2008 ford transit..

Any advice?

Josh..

I wouldn't imagine anything to do with egr. Have you given it a drive or a run and see if it carries on the same after.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
After 6 weeks without running it's not surprising!! Confused

If the picture is the idle that's fine, about 800rpm. Revving slowly I'm not so sure, but will probably be alright after a drive.
Thanks given by:
Can't take it for a drive as no insurance tax and I think no M.O.T, I thought it was the EGR valve as on my dad's transit it's worst than mine and people said it's that, got worried there as nothing has happened to it before, I will disconnect the battery until I can insure it to take it for a drive.. Cheers guys..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Once you have got it insured let it warm up then take it for a good blast that usually solves things.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(30-09-2014, 09:17 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: Once you have got it insured let it warm up then take it for a good blast that usually solves things.

Yeah, I will take it down the motorway for some miles, and then I will see from there.. Thanks..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
The problem with the transit is one unique to transits/ford for the most part.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Its happened to loads of ppl, they say clean the egr as they did and it should be fine..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by: