Best Smartphone? Need to decide by 3:30

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Smartphone? Need to decide by 3:30
(26-09-2014, 04:52 PM)eskimogod Wrote: my m8 just turned up today after i smashed my nexus 5 up Sad seems brilliant phone well built looks good cant really comment about batt life etc but happy with my choice!

Unlucky man Sad is it expensive to fix?

(26-09-2014, 07:01 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: So what did you decide on in the end then? Smile

EDIT: Never mind, posting at the same time FTL! Big Grin

LOL just happened as soon as i just posted, alert came up saying you posted haha.. going for the xperia Z2.. going now to sign the contract and maybe get it today?
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
Well in addition to what i had,

i have the M8 its f*cking spectacular for what i do.. sound is awsome out of it for a phone if you dont use headphones..
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 07:25 PM)toseland Wrote: Well in addition to what i had,

i have the M8 its f*cking spectacular for what i do.. sound is awsome out of it for a phone if you dont use headphones..

This is the main reason I love the HTC One's. I have the m7 at the moment, but my brother has the m8, and its basically the same phone, but better! Front facing stereo speakers FTMFW! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Had an Xperia Z1 that was good big screen great battery life, bit of a handful though! Had an S4 before that (didnt last long) felt a bit cheap and nasty really. Then i dropped it and broke it. Then decided to buy an iPhone, i was always an android fanboy til i bought an iphone and i really like it. Best phone i've ever actually made a call on... We worry so much about data and cameras etc and so on we forget what a phones primary use is...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Iphone tax is just stupid...lile buying an audi coz you dont wana own a Skoda

Fyi: Z2 has front facing stereo speakers....pretty awesome

Also has noise cancelling headphones which work really well
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Audi's are better than skodas...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 08:24 PM)Tom Wrote: Audi's are better than skodas...

Speaks the sucker who followed the crowd and drives a TypeR civic and got an Iphone Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Dont actually drive a Type R anymore, im even more of a sheep now, with my iphone in my audi Undecided
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 08:40 PM)Tom Wrote: Dont actually drive a Type R anymore, im even more of a sheep now, with my iphone in my audi Undecided

Bet you'll have a bluetooth earpiece soon and wrap round blue tint sunglasses to complete the image Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Got the xperia z2, and. Still got the HTC ONE M7 aswell, isnt good atm keeps shutting itself off, system error it says, battery isnt good but the rest of the phone is, and yeah they told me about that noise cancellation, overall it is pretty good, paying £40 per month, £20 for the phone a month and £20 for the data etc..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
£40 a month!!!???? What data you getting!? Im paying £25 all in!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2014, 08:48 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(26-09-2014, 08:40 PM)Tom Wrote: Dont actually drive a Type R anymore, im even more of a sheep now, with my iphone in my audi Undecided

Bet you'll have a bluetooth earpiece soon and wrap round blue tint sunglasses to complete the image Tongue

Ever thought that maybe lots of people buy Audi's and iPhones because they're actually good at what they do!? lol

Yes you pay a slight premium for the brand name, but the fact is they tend to be better than rivals overall which is why they can charge the premium.

Also, cars have built in Bluetooth these days, no need for an earpiece. I do want some of those wraparound blue tint shades though, just a shame I cant afford Oakleys. lol
Thanks given by:
Ever thought that they spend millions on branding and advertising to make us all think that???!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Nothing to do with branding and advertising. I tend to watch BBC as I hate ad's and aren't easily led anyway. Tongue I'd rather look at info/spec, without taking the name into account. Does make me laugh when I see people buy iPhones just because they look cool, or when I see people actively avoiding them because they don't want to be 'scene'. It's just a name, if it's right for you, meets your needs then buy it! lol

Mum had a Skoda, I had a VW...the equivalent Audi's were much nicer when I started going to VAG meets, more spec, more comfort, better seats, noticeably better quality... I'd have bought one this time around if I could justify the extra money for equivalent spec. Unfortunately I couldn't lol. So I've got the engine and spec I was after, but slightly compromised quality by not going for a premium brand.

As for iPhones, I don't use a phone much, so doesn't bother me, Android is fine and was much cheaper. But iPhones are excellent for business use and music amongst other things, my sister was the same as you 'I don't want to be an iPhone hipster'...then after moaning about her Android phone constantly she admitted defeat and bought an iPhone. lol
Thanks given by:
i went from a blackberry to an iphone... worst mistake ever!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Iphones for music and business....sorry what?!?

Why would you want to limit accessability and useability across different platforms and software for your music and business needs by going apple!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2014, 06:25 AM)Piggy Wrote: £40 a month!!!???? What data you getting!? Im paying £25 all in!

Yh £40, i get all you can eat data, all you can eat minutes and all you can eat texts, it was either this or the samsung for £33 per month, choose this as when i went to the store found this easier to use and looks better, for a slight reason i dont like the looks on the samsung..

(27-09-2014, 10:07 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Nothing to do with branding and advertising. I tend to watch BBC as I hate ad's and aren't easily led anyway. Tongue I'd rather look at info/spec, without taking the name into account. Does make me laugh when I see people buy iPhones just because they look cool, or when I see people actively avoiding them because they don't want to be 'scene'. It's just a name, if it's right for you, meets your needs then buy it! lol

Mum had a Skoda, I had a VW...the equivalent Audi's were much nicer when I started going to VAG meets, more spec, more comfort, better seats, noticeably better quality... I'd have bought one this time around if I could justify the extra money for equivalent spec. Unfortunately I couldn't lol. So I've got the engine and spec I was after, but slightly compromised quality by not going for a premium brand.

As for iPhones, I don't use a phone much, so doesn't bother me, Android is fine and was much cheaper. But iPhones are excellent for business use and music amongst other things, my sister was the same as you 'I don't want to be an iPhone hipster'...then after moaning about her Android phone constantly she admitted defeat and bought an iPhone. lol

What vw did you have?
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
I've got a iPhone 5s all you can eat everything for 40 a month. Does everything I want it to do haha so i cant complain
Thanks given by:
Ive had trouble with itunes before.. everything eles was good on it i must admit.. but then changed to htc and bit of problem for that as keeps shutting itself off, now i got two phones which is the htc m7 and the xperia z2 which dose what i want it to aswell.. lol.. Smile
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2014, 11:17 AM)Piggy Wrote: Why would you want to limit accessability and useability across different platforms and software for your music and business needs by going apple!?

And that there is the words from the mouth of someone who just goes by the typical Apple hatred which Tom was talking about and can't make his own opinion.
If iPhones are that bad for business, why is it that most major businesses use them or Blackberries? We have just moved from blackberrys to Samsungs at work. 3500 phones replaced and they are now sacking off the Samsungs after about 3 months for iPhones due to the fact the handset is just terrible (in all fairness, they are S3 minis so just old tech) and they do not integrate nicely at all with all the systems we use.

End of the day, it all depends on the software and uses you need but you can't say that they are no good for business. Just talking out of your arse.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I certainly wouldnt use samsungs and certainly not s3 minis for a big business like that...who made that maaad decision!?

Maybe they have come on but iphone 1-4 experiences has put me off for life.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Same here.. Had the iphone 3 2nd gen and my parents had the iphone 4 which I totally didn't like..
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2014, 07:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: I certainly wouldnt use samsungs and certainly not s3 minis for a big business like that...who made that maaad decision!?

Someone who was trying to save money Sad
They didn't make a iPhone 1 Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(27-09-2014, 07:47 PM)Niall Wrote:
(27-09-2014, 07:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: I certainly wouldnt use samsungs and certainly not s3 minis for a big business like that...who made that maaad decision!?

Someone who was trying to save money Sad
They didn't make a iPhone 1 Wink

someone needs sacking.

You know what I mean Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
How can the experience put you off? They feel great in your hand and are a genuine joy to use. The thing that put me off was the price and the fact that android was crazy customisable. But you only live once and i didnt want to be "that guy" that never tried new things.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Never gotten on with iPhones - had one, went through a lawnmower, still worked... So gotta give it that, but didn't get on with the Apple ecosystem, everything has to go how they want it to... Unfortunately I'm interested in technology and generally want to do it my own way... I understand for the people who "just want a phone" - they're great... But they seem maybe a little overpriced for the people who "just want a phone"...

It's interesting this whole Apple vs Android debate, my mum had an iPhone 3g and I gave her my old iPad from my old work to use because I assumed that she'd get along better with the Apple ecosystem - parents have friends with Apple stuff who love it and assumed they'd kinda get to grips with it from them also. However she never got along with them, ended up disused, only used the phone as a phone, never did anything else with it...

She eventually broke the iPhone and I thought, try her for a bit on an Android phone, gave her my HTC Sensation for a bit, she loved it, thought it was great... So ended up getting her a Galaxy S3... Fast forward 2 years, she uses it 24/7 - can't get her off the thing, I also got them a Nexus 7 tablet, again, doesn't get put down, used all the time... Interesting as I thought they'd be great with Apple - it seems some people just get along with it, other people just don't... My sister on the other hand uses Apple stuff and never has a problem, loves her iPhone...

Horses for courses - the whole hype behind iPhones is interesting to me - it's nothing new and that's the whole point, Apple are just incredibly good at releasing stuff at the right time when they prime the buyer with the last generation which makes them think "what'd be good is..." and then it's in the next Apple product... Apple owe 90% of their wealth and success to their Marketing and Strategy department and 10% to the actual hardware. Don't get me wrong, they do make some nice devices, the design is very "right" - but doesn't float my boat...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
thats the thing.. the comparisons of all the "new" features on the ip6, demonstrate that it was all available on "equivalent handsets" back in 2012.. (720p display, NFC payments etc)
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2014, 09:46 PM)toseland Wrote: thats the thing.. the comparisons of all the "new" features on the ip6, demonstrate that it was all available on "equivalent handsets" back in 2012.. (720p display, NFC payments etc)

However, it clearly sells. The thing is the phone market is doing basically the same as the car market. Companies are running out of things to develop and running out of new ideas but companies like HTC, Samsung, Apple etc need to bring out a new product yearly to keep their figures up and customers rolling in. Hence why i think they are all making bigger and bigger phones. Just because its different!
The biggest thing Apple have under their belt is design and marketing. Ok so the new iPhone 6 doesn't have a infrared sender so you can use your phone as a remote. Wow? big deal. What is a remote for? Ok so the IP6 doesn't have a 48 core processor. How many of us really use their phones with these gigantic specs to their full potential. None. They just use it for willy waving because they have bought a phone which is slightly better spec wise and they think everyone will get on their knees in ore. In reality, its just incredibly sad that these people need to harp on about how their phone is better than someone else's. Mean while, in real life, people are using their phones that they bought BECAUSE IT SUITS THEM and getting on quite happily with their lives with out the need to enhance the size of their penis by bragging about how they have slightly more processing power that they won't even use anyway.

Basically, these people are equivalent to people who have a 14" cock on the flop but have erectile disfunction. Unlucky.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
i know, apple are marketing genius.. its not about the spec, its about the brand for 99% of the consumers

i have been given an ipad, and its spectacular.. in every respect
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(29-09-2014, 10:31 PM)toseland Wrote: its about the brand for 99% of the consumers

Its not. They do the same job as all other phones. Just in a different way which some people prefer over android or windows.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can you help me decide, procta 24 4,449 25-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Last Post: procta
  Help me decide on a new car!! callumcull 51 8,622 21-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167
  Please help me decide stu9 0 768 20-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Last Post: stu9