Peugeot enthusiasts group

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot enthusiasts group
I'm not trying to tread on toes here or create a car club war, I'm more interested in the copyright of the 306oc.co.uk club logo,

Is it me or do there new stickers look very much the same as ours, if this is inappropriate, I apologize but as I say I'm more interested in the club's property and that logo looks identical to me

[Image: 04a98d1169d09df2aabd8cf7a8400b87.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd agree thats theft lad. All they seem to have done is angle the top line more and swapped the club name!
Thanks given by:
Here's 306oc to compare
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Given its the peugeot sport logo to begin with, i doubt OC has much jurisdiction over it...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 09:06 PM)Grant Wrote: Given its the peugeot sport logo to begin with, i doubt OC has much jurisdiction over it...

I thought it was a Peugeot logo, but couldn't quite remember.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
^ there's my answer then I didn't know that Smile, as said I didn't wanna tread on toes

Didn't tell me it wasn't the property of oc in chat did ya Kent ya great big tit !
Thanks given by:
Ah I didn't realise that.
Thanks given by:
i would say there was a pretty strong case for a cease and decist letter with regards to 306oc's logo, there is enough of a similarity that this could infringe on a used trademark and be considered copyright infringement,.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 09:09 PM)toseland Wrote: i would say there was a pretty strong case for a cease and decist letter with regards to 306oc's logo, there is enough of a similarity that this could infringe on a used trademark and be considered copyright infringement,.

And by doing so, we would open ourselves to the same effect from Peugeot Sport...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 09:05 PM)crumpy Wrote: I'd agree thats theft lad. All they seem to have done is angle the top line more and swapped the club name!

all they HAVE done is stretched the 306oc logo slightly, its identical in every aspect except that.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 09:07 PM)deggerz Wrote: ^ there's my answer then I didn't know that Smile, as said I didn't wanna tread on toes

Didn't tell me it wasn't the property of oc in chat did ya Kent ya great big tit !

I didn't remember till after you wrote this tbh. Lol
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
ok then... fire is fine ... ill take a blowtorch to the next meeting lol

saying that, they might burn my stickers off IF I HAD SOME!!! lol
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
At the end of the day, both their logo and ours are modelled on the peugeot sport logo (theirs more so IMHO), therefore we would have absolutely no leverage whatsoever to stop peg from using it, no matter how much it resembles ours. We'll just have to deal with it.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
FIRE!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 09:26 PM)toseland Wrote: FIRE!
Dodgy
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As Steve said, there's no point trying to stop them using it. Look at it this way, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I did see this my self earlier and had a giggle how ever i have no intention of arguing the case. Technically the logo isn't copyrighted anywhere i can find. It WAS the Peugeot sport logo but no longer is hence why we use it. We have and never have had any copyright over the logo and also considering the fact we are not a profit seeking company, we have no leg to stand on to chase them for breach of copy right as we will not be loosing out on business by them using this logo.

End of the day, let it be. They aim their club at a different market and seem to go for the quantity of quality with members. Personally, i couldnt care if we don't get one more regular member on here or not because those that we do have are a top bunch of people. FCS shows that by how well we got on when there was several arguments and scraps in their group. Also goes a long way for their club when their club owner along with several others were kicked out of the show by security lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
That's why I asked on here beforehand niall, I wasn't sure if that logo was our property or not but now I know then fair enough let them crack on Smile

And on the note of fcs well you couldn't have summed that up better
Thanks given by:
Nope we have always been a non registered organisation and as such, can't register a copy right on anything like that. Things just start getting complicated when you start trying to do stuff like that and considering Peugeot did use it in the past (and in fact thinking about it, have done recently on the side of the 207 S16), we would probably be destroyed by their legal team lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 09:44 PM)Niall Wrote: Nope we have always been a non registered organisation and as such, can't register a copy right on anything like that. Things just start getting complicated when you start trying to do stuff like that and considering Peugeot did use it in the past (and in fact thinking about it, have done recently on the side of the 207 S16), we would probably be destroyed by their legal team lol

its already registered as copyright.. tangible media, copyright act 1978 and all that, it was copyright the second it was created unless licence was exclusively granted to the public domain.

lol,
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Do I get the feeling you just really dislike peg toseland? Wink
Thanks given by:
You need to charge your phone! Confused
Thanks given by:
To be honest, even if i am wrong and we do have some form of copy right over it, i don't care anyway. Their logo will not make a difference to the quantity of members they bring in and regardless of if it does or not, people are free to go between all sorts of clubs. I know most of the regulars on here are on PEG....for various reasons Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
still think fire.... fire would work well, 2 parts parafin 1 part petrol
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Seek Help...
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm quite surprised that the text on their logo is even spelt correctly Wink and with upper case letters (unlike the page title on facebook all in lower case...)
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 10:45 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: I'm quite surprised that the text on their logo is even spelt correctly Wink and with upper case letters (unlike the page title on facebook all in lower case...)
The fact there's no capitals in there group page has gotten on my nerves for a fair amount of time I'm sure they can change it but just don't
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 06:51 AM)deggerz Wrote:
(24-09-2014, 10:45 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: I'm quite surprised that the text on their logo is even spelt correctly Wink and with upper case letters (unlike the page title on facebook all in lower case...)
The fact there's no capitals in there group page has gotten on my nerves for a fair amount of time I'm sure they can change it but just don't

I know it's the little things that annoy me most! So tedious!

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
Its irrelevant anyway.

No amount of logo design will make PEG better than 306oc

lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-09-2014, 06:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: Its irrelevant anyway.

No amount of logo design will make PEG better than 306oc

lol

Agreed!

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by: