Low rpm shudder

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low rpm shudder
When I'm crusing through town like 30 40 mph at like 1400 rpm if I hold just a constant speed it like judders if I let off it goes if I accelerate it also goes any ideas?
Thanks given by:
What gear would that be? At 30mph?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Third mate nothing too high for the speed
Thanks given by:
Possibly the throttle position sensor
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ah really any fixes for one or are they just replaced?
Thanks given by:
I'd try unplugging the MAF and see if there's any change.
Thanks given by:
I unplugged the maf the other day when It went into limp mode and was way worse so assumed it was a good one
Thanks given by:
when did the fuel filter last get changed?
Thanks given by:
Like a week ago
Thanks given by:
the last time i read about the 1400rpm stutter was a cit c5 1.6 hdi and it was one of the vac valves so it could be one of the two fitted, if you have two that is.
Thanks given by:
For what it's worth, my old 306 used to do something similar at low rpm on a very light throttle - a sort of surging/judder a bit like it was going into anti-stall but it wasn't. Come off the throttle completely or add more throttle and it would go away. It gradually got worse over the final 50k odd miles I had the car, going from barely noticeable to ever so slightly annoying.

I put it down to either wear on the TPS or the fact that the injectors were tired (over 200k miles at this point) but never did actually look into the problem. The MAF's got swapped between that car and my current HDi when I was trying to identify another issue, and this didn't change the surge/judder so I'm assuming the MAF wasn't at fault.

PS. That was an early HDi with the 976 ECU that I'm assuming you've also got if unplugging the MAF put it into limp mode - the later HDi ECU's don't go into limp mode when you unplug the MAF y'see...
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
If its very light but annoying, mine have all done it as well. Feels kinda like you've got a bent wheel but only at light crusing throttle. By shudder I assumed yours was worse, its most likely not the MAF causing that.

I also put it down to the injectors, as you're using such a tiny amount of fuel at that point and they're allowing a bit extra in. I changed TPS on one of mine with no change, but that was also a used part.
Thanks given by:
This is my exact fault with mine. Havnt looked into it yet. Will keep it updated as i attempt to diagnose as its always nice to have forum references. Also if anyones already done it let me know to save me the hassle
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Mine does the same, I'm putting it down to worn injectors
Thanks given by:
I've always assumed this was a fuel pressure/delivery issue, worn injectors seems very likely.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well it has done 200k lol. May put some injectors in can pick up a 307 set at some point.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Mine has always done this. Always presumed I was just labouring the engine too hard and just changed down or put my foot down a little until the revs raised enough to go out of it.
My guess would be a lower fuel pressure meaning the spray is less of a mist but more of a sort of dribble haha. Not so smooth burn etc.

I have however changed my injectors from the standard 062 ones to the new 076s from a 307 but tbf they made no difference and if anything rattle as much as my old ones did lol
Thanks given by:
Who is experiencing this problem and is also using the GTi6 flywheel and DT clutch combination?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Not me Tongue haha
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2015, 04:38 PM)Ruan Wrote: Who is experiencing this problem and is also using the GTi6 flywheel and DT clutch combination?

Yeah i was also about to ask this just incase. Lol. Im sure a set of injectors wont set me back to much next month.
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2015, 04:40 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Not me Tongue haha

What ECU number is yours - is yours an early one, from memory yours is on a 1999/T?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Yeahh very early model for a HDI it is a 1999. I have no idea what that makes the ECU though but no doubt as with most cars the very early models probably suffer from a few more niggles here and there haha
Thanks given by:
(08-10-2015, 04:58 PM)JTaylor2005 Wrote: Yeahh very early model for a HDI it is a 1999. I have no idea what that makes the ECU though but no doubt as with most cars the very early models probably suffer from a few more niggles here and there haha

Says on the back of the ECU - 0 281 001 xxx
Thanks given by:
Anthony had this problem on standard
Hdi setup.
I think from memory I still had this problem on a hdi flywheel
Thanks given by:
Well as luck would have it readordead has some injectors. Will get and try.
Thanks given by:
Hmm interesting - I'm very interested to see what is the cause of this.
Thanks given by: