better handeling, what do i need.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
better handeling, what do i need.
top and bottom strut brace..with just the top brace you wont notice but with just a bottom you will
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:But what makes B4's better than v-maxx?.

Much better quality oil which is far less temperature sensitive, bigger pistons, PTFE instead of rubber piston bands, gas pressurised using seperating bags, more sensitive valving, larger port areas, less leakage, less stiction in the strut assembly...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
I'll get my coat lol.

When are these upper braces coming that you speak of?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I've already said why I don't like the eBay coils.... There to
Hard!
I also never said my car had undergone a large amount of tuning to make it better and I also never said adjustable coilovers are worse. Your coilovers are not adjustable other than ride height.

Toys back in pram please....

Oh and if you want a wager, fine! Just buy me a ripp brace first and you've got a deal!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
shit. what have i started. still non the bloody wiser. think i might try ebay coilies and if i dont like em then try the b4's. would like the option of lowering the car as i might be getting new wheels. but thats another story.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What i didnt understand until monday was that the car is incredibly capable as standard, i really would go with B8s and Eibachs from the off. Any lower than 30mm and you start messing with things you shouldnt.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:What i didnt understand until monday was that the car is incredibly capable as standard, i really would go with B8s and Eibachs from the off. Any lower than 30mm and you start messing with things you shouldnt.

Yep the 306 was probably one of the best handling front wheel drive cars about......actually probably still is!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Avoid cheap ebay for coilies or springs imo....completely ruined the ride on my diablo with ebay springs....so fitted ebay coilies to my mates 306 and that was just as bad. lol
The best ones I had were koni adjustable shocks and springs....BUT they were set up wrong when I got the car, far too stiff and 'skipped' all over the road with every bump! Softened them up a bit and were awesome! Must say though, the standard height 1.8 looked like q monster truck but feck me it handled bloody well for standard, totally agree with 306 having awesome handling as standard (on higher SPEC/bigger engines at least lol).
Thanks given by:
tbf ive had mine lowered 55mm on jamax spring and thats all. the handeling is very suprising and ive got so much confidance in them when cornering. surley coilovers are better than lowered springs ans standered dampers? only problem i get is i get a bit of oversteer when pushed hard from the rear. thats because its on standered dampers.
Thanks given by:
Aren't b4s in the £4-500 region for a set??

For my tuppence-orth, I've just put gaz ghas on, eccentric topmounts and a phillipm lower strut brace. The ghas have 275lb main springs and I'm already running a vts rear beam. My car scares the shit out of me. The front-end grip is unreal now. Highly recommend this setup!

You can get a set of ghas for 450 or so with any springs you want, helpers etc included, unlike the ebay specials. They're really worth the money imo. I'm gonna spend some time tweaking and working out what I like then ill buy the golds Big Grin

EDIT: do you know precisely what you want from the uprated suspension? The rear end shouldn't be totally planted on these, the quickest way round a corner is balancing the slip angle of the car through the corner, which in a fwd car means you want a little oversteer....

You'll quickly find the maximum possible mechanical grip from the car, imo what you want to be doing is altering how the car steers when the grip runs out or when you're near the limit...

Or maybe I'm wrong... But that's how I want my set-up; I want lots of grip and the ability to balance the car on the throttle. I need to fiddle but I'm getting there! Big Grin
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
wish i had loads of money. :cry:
Thanks given by:
No b4s can be picked up for 180 for all 4 shocks new. Add some nice springs for another 60-100 and you've got a nice little setup on the go.

Ed I think your thinking of b8s mate. From what I've heard there great if not slightly harsh but they are adjustable so might of just been that particular setup.
I'm considering upgrading to b6s when I lower my car more just for the adjustability.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
what sort of thing are technix? anyone know about them?
Thanks given by:
TA Technix are the 'cheap ebay coilovers' which people refer to in this thread. Okay for cheap coilys but not a real performance component.
Thanks given by:
cool, cheers bud.
Thanks given by:
No worries Smile
Thanks given by:
I have full technic setup and they rather good. Been in another car with eBay coilovers another make and they was much worse.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:I have full technic setup and they rather good. Been in another car with eBay coilovers another make and they was much worse.
just had these dampers on and tbh i carnt really tell the difference. :nope:
Thanks given by:
The rear dampers just release quicker as they're gas not oil.
How's the lows on back looking now Kingy?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
No, they're oil.

In 12 months when they've leaked the oil out, they'll be gas.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Well that's my dad telling me wrong Sad
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
lol Ripp!
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:No b4s can be picked up for 180 for all 4 shocks new. Add some nice springs for another 60-100 and you've got a nice little setup on the go.

Ed I think your thinking of b8s mate. From what I've heard there great if not slightly harsh but they are adjustable so might of just been that particular setup.
I'm considering upgrading to b6s when I lower my car more just for the adjustability.

b6's and b8's are not adjustable?

I've got b6's all round and it is a great set up tbh, never had any skipping even over rough b roads and the car corners very flat and feels responsive. Day to day driving it's a tiny bit harsher than standard 78k old dampers.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
you want the strut brace im selling...made the hdi handle so much better!
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:you want the strut brace im selling...made the hdi handle so much better!
pm'ed
Thanks given by:
^^I refer you to Ben's comment below for truth...

ben87 Wrote:top and bottom strut brace..with just the top brace you wont notice but with just a bottom you will
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:^^I refer you to Ben's comment below for truth...

ben87 Wrote:top and bottom strut brace..with just the top brace you wont notice but with just a bottom you will
point taken.... still looking at getting all the bits together and putting em all on at once so it can go in my collection. cheers ed.
Thanks given by:
my car with its full gti-6 suspension inc rear beam Wink
Thanks given by:
JoshDturbo Wrote:my car with its full gti-6 suspension inc rear beam Wink

I assume you're replying directly to the title of the thread?

But in response, (and this has already been covered afaik) you can do a lot better than the stock '6 set-up.

Xsara vts rear beam
Hybrid/race arbs
uprated springs&dampers/coilovers (the sky is the limit with regards to budget; progressive springs, damping & rebound adjustment, remote reservoirs etc etc.)
Adjustable top-mounts (the best ones I've seen are russianguys off the '6 forum, but theyre not cheap; spoox/compbrake ones will do as much camber/castor anyway without modifying the strut hole)
Machined trailing arms for additional camber/neutral toe, Roll-centre Wishbone adapters (read & be enlightened: http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=146338)...Just to name a few... :roll:
Thanks given by:
Lighter wheels.
Thanks given by: