better handeling, what do i need.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
better handeling, what do i need.
ed, xsara vts beam go straight on or do you have to mod any thing.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The cheap ebay coilies arent bad I have driven a 1.6 with them on and not much else and it does improve things. But as Ripp and others might have said, they might not last long.

Gaz GHA are good I can say that.

My car, well its a list, OMP upper and lower struts, Meyle Lower arms, Compbrake Top Mounts(might be selling soon as not gettin on well with my coilovers), Gaz Gold Coilovers, 6 front ARB, Ripp Metal Drop links, 6 beam, Hybrid rear ARB, 21mm Torsion bars, solid rear beam mounts.
As ripp says lighter wheel will help, lighter brakes will help.
I am tempted by some crazy new top mounts and those Bridgecraft roll-centre kits.

Straight swap on the beam. unless you have drum brakes then you need new hand brake cables
Thanks given by:
woooh. getting out of hand now but i like it. Big Grin originaly just wanted to know if gti stuff was a straight swop onto mine. (1.6). thought i might be able to improve the ride on the cheap. haha. now it looks like i could spend £5,000,000 on it. im scint at the moment but thanks all for the info.
so, gti arb and ebay coilies it is then hehe.
best start saving. Confusedhock:
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Pompey306mark Wrote:The cheap ebay coilies arent bad I have driven a 1.6 with them on and not much else and it does improve things. But as Ripp and others might have said, they might not last long.

Gaz GHA are good I can say that.

My car, well its a list, OMP upper and lower struts, Meyle Lower arms, Compbrake Top Mounts(might be selling soon as not gettin on well with my coilovers), Gaz Gold Coilovers, 6 front ARB, Ripp Metal Drop links, 6 beam, Hybrid rear ARB, 21mm Torsion bars, solid rear beam mounts.
As ripp says lighter wheel will help, lighter brakes will help.
I am tempted by some crazy new top mounts and those Bridgecraft roll-centre kits.

Straight swap on the beam. unless you have drum brakes then you need new hand brake cables

That mean your coilies are potentially going up for sale too? ninja

Why you not getting on with em on a serious note?

If you're looking at crazy top-mounts, take a look at Russianguys off the '6 forum. With modification to the chassis they give you adjustable camber up to -4degrees -ve camber and a constant extra 2deg of castor over standard. I think he had to get a batch of 10 made to get them on order, so some may be kicking about, but theyre just too dear for me. Can't remember the price, but certainly enough!!!

Also, those bridgecraft roll-centre kits are a brilliant bit of kit by the looks of it. Means you can run a lower ride height without screwing up the suspension geometry as it loads up in corners Big Grin The wishbones do look to end up quite close to the road though; I'd be a little worried as I haven't seen any actually fitted yet... but I'm sorely tempted! lol

I've not driven a car with the solid rear beam mounts, but i kinda like the passive rear steer. Makes it easier to balance going into corners imo...

Kingy, I was going from a '6 beam obv to a vts beam, so it was literally a direct swap, I dont know how it would be for your car...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by: