remap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remap
Hi lads does any one know of anyone who can do remaps for a old audi a3 1.8t.
it been a while since iv been on here after selling my 306 and will be looking for one very soon.
iv also got to sell a few little bits i have left wich iv decided to sell like home made solid rear axle mounts and few other little bits?
Thanks given by:
Best remappers I know for that engine is R-Tech. But good luck in finding one mate.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
(23-09-2014, 08:17 PM)Razorback_Rob Wrote: Best remappers I know for that engine is R-Tech. But good luck in finding one mate.

Ill have a look
Thanks given by:
Most mappers will do the 1.8t, its really easy to map apparently! I used to go to a lot of VAG meets where they were almost all mapped 1.8ts lol...I took a mapped diesel... Confused
Thanks given by:
How old is old? The very old ones have to have the ECU removed and rechipped, whereas the 2000 on ones can be flashed via the OBD port.

Happy to do it for you either by email or here at my place.

Thanks.
JP
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 09:53 AM)jammapic Wrote: How old is old? The very old ones have to have the ECU removed and rechipped, whereas the 2000 on ones can be flashed via the OBD port.

Happy to do it for you either by email or here at my place.

Thanks.

Hi mate is there anyway i would be able to tell?
Thanks given by:
Well, how old is the car?
JP
Thanks given by:
First date of registration was 1/9/1999 pal
Thanks given by:
Its probably a rechip job then.
JP
Thanks given by:
Ye its just on the crossover enit can you rechip it or do the relavent ?
I brought a ecu of flebay wich was supposed to be remapped to about 180bhp but had it codeed in to my car and its exactly the same so it was already remapped or the new one wasnt but it boost higher than standard but i dont really know?
Thanks given by:
To be honest, if your not sure if its already mapped or not, I'm not sure I can help you. I'll happily rechip it for you, but if I found it was already tuned I'd be charging you anyway... As I'd still have to invest the time.
JP
Thanks given by:
Ok mate how much you looking for as i could send you a spare one and also is there anyway of finding out apart from dyno?
Thanks given by:
Time a 0-60 and compare it to others. Should be about 8 seconds standard iirc... If its quicker it's been mapped...
Thanks given by:
Can give it a try tom
Thanks given by:
Got the same car recently myself and the majority of audi 1.8t owners say r-tech is the best for them as they check the cars health before doing anything to fault find and send u away to fix it before doing the remap, not heard of them charging people they have sent away either which is a bonus, they also dyno the car before and after remap, also to find out if your car is the old type ecu like mine it will have an actual throttle cable insted of drive by wire so see if your throttle body has a cable, the cabled ones run a bosch me7.5 ecu iirc, out of interest jp how much would you charge for chipping the ecu? Also from what ive read r-tech remap the old ones using the obd port same as the other 1.8ts
Thanks given by:
If we can do it over the port, £150. Otherwise, with it being more of a job, £200.
JP
Thanks given by:
Ye same good old cable and ye read somany diffrent things about if you can and carnt?
Thanks given by:
Try it!!
JP
Thanks given by:
I carnt really frow away that sort of money if it dont work if you know wat i mean
Thanks given by:
£20 quid for a cable to try reading it is what I meant...
JP
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah i see what you mean ye ill do that i think.and ill let you know mate
Thanks given by:
Get on audi-sport.net theres loads about tuning these engines and all tried and tested methods
Thanks given by:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/peo...ne.109857/ that explains the problems with out early agu engines in regaurds to mapping, hit and miss which ecu you will have it sounds like on the early ones, this info may be usefull for u jamma for remapping these
Thanks given by:
Happy to do it for you either by email or here at my place

————————————————————————————

Fifa 15 Coins
Thanks given by: