sub boxes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sub boxes
Evening all, I have a 12" sub in a box in the boot of my 306 I need to make the boot functional for golf bag and clubs and or shopping but am reluctant to ditch the woofer (sub not missus) does anyone have a clue on how to work out the volume of a box so I can then remake a slimmer wider box at the same volume of original box??
Thanks given by:
If it's a cube shape it's just length x width x height in whatever unit of measurement you need for the tech spec you've got...
So if it is cubic centimetres and your box is 20cm x 20cm x 30cm your box volume is 12,000 cubic centimetres or 0.012 cubic metres.
And I seem to recall that if you fill the box with wadding of some description you can virtually increase the volume of the box - so the sub thinks the box is bigger than it is.
Thanks given by:
Thank you, OK that helps a little bit although my box isn't a cube it's one of those slide upto the back of the seat angled boxes it stands at 490x400x350mm
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, slightly more complicated then, but something less than 0.0686 cbm (that's what it would be if it was a cube).
Thanks given by:
Work it out as a cube and a triangle.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok thank you
Thanks given by:
Also quite a few sub box calculators online woth a quick google.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is a guy in america who will spec the right size sub box and send design plans so that B&Q can cut all the parts for you. You tell him the space you have and he will come up with the best box.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music Sealed Vs Ported Subwoofer Boxes Kwik 15 4,229 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Kwik