Recommend me a Wiring kit!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend me a Wiring kit!
Hello! I was wondering if somebody could point me in the direction of a decent wiring kit!

I always thought they were about £40 but they seem to be on ebay for about £12. I would have bought one of those straight away but I wasnt too sure what the quality difference will be between those and a more expensive kit. Looking for one thats got wires 5mm+ (dont know the gauge) so I have the option to upgrade to something a bit more powerful in the future.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000W-Complete...3caac43f4d

The wiring kit in the 1.4 was good and came with my fusion twin subs but the wiring kit in the 1.8 seems to be quite thin 4mm wires and has the fuse about 3 foot from the battery which isnt great!

My amp is a 'Maystar QXT' (?????) and the sub is a 600W kenwood.

Also is it a distrubtor block that attaches to the battery and allows you to connect lots of wires safely and easily? If somebody could point me in the direction of one of those that would be brilliant as I will need one for the marina audio system im planning for the speedboat :dance:

Thanks!

Hopefully this thread was one of my less pointless ones!
Thanks given by:
basicly you get what you pay for. the cheap ebay jobbies will do ya but if you want better sound quality then i would push the boat out and pay the extra and doing it properly and then you only do it once. personly ive only got 1 amp to run my sub and my amp kit cost about £12/£15 (carnt remember) and it runs fine but if i was really serious about my install then its worth spending more.
all depends on what your wallets like.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've got that kit. The power wires are good. Don't use the RCA lead though. It's cheap tat.

I would run the 4 gauge from the battery to the boot and hook it to a distribution block there. Saves on wire and it's always best to try and not run more cables than needed - less chance of chafing and shorting!
Oh and the fuse holder is a bit cheap but a new one isn't much. Remember to fuse it as close to the battery as possible.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
yep I think Mr Chambers was a bit shocked as to how far the fuse was from the battery. Its literally half way across the engine bay and not even cable tied to anything. Just hanging around :/

Wallet is pretty non existent what with the second project but im willing to not buy the cheap shit haha. Infact Its pretty much just the power cables i want to replace as ive already got the remote and RCA cables. Just thinking that the power cables look naff and i might as well replace all of them at once and do it my way instead of the previous owners way!

Also Niall on the 1.8 did you put your cables through a drilled hole on the passenger side or did you put it through the accelerator cable/brake servo hole on the drivers side. Im pretty sure it goes through the drivers side on mine as it disappears somewhere on that side.
Thanks given by:
Mine runs under the car in cable armour and up through a grommet in the boot. Easy way!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Mine runs under the car in cable armour and up through a grommet in the boot. Easy way!

not going to start this agreement again but I don't like doing it that way :roll: reckon I'll drill a hole on the passenger side near the aircon grommet again!
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:
Niall Wrote:Mine runs under the car in cable armour and up through a grommet in the boot. Easy way!

not going to start this agreement again but I don't like doing it that way :roll: reckon I'll drill a hole on the passenger side near the aircon grommet again!

How comes. Peugeot already run wires under there?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
when i get grants sub then find an amp this shall be my method, ebay wiring kit and some cable armour! pikey FTW Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I fail to see how it's pikey? If Peugeot can run wires and fuel lines under there, why can't we. You would have to smash f*ck out of the bottom of your car before you even get it anywhere near the ground.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Myself and girlfriend are using the cheapest ebay jobbies about, the remote cables are weak as piss but the rest seems to work well enough.
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by: