Shark Fin Areials.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shark Fin Areials.
(22-09-2014, 11:34 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: I know quite a few people that just use extra strong velcro tabs.

Thats just asking to be knicked!!!

I can't find the pic, but when I was a japlad, at shows we had these little four rubber clips, would hold your showplate over the normal plate, cost like a fiver or something!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-09-2014, 04:40 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Why would it bother you if people see your private plate rather than a standard plate? Surely everyone sees the plate while you drive around? Confused

It wouldnt bother me if people see it, the only thing im on about is when the bumper is smoothed out it is easy for someone to put there hands behind the plate and pull it off..

I just dont want people that surf this site and see's the number plate and does something stupid etc, shows meets it wont bother me because it will be people from here..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:
If you smooth it amd want to remove the plate, you can always put a couple of plugs into the bumper which'll sit flush and then you can screw your plate on and off whenever you like
Thanks given by:
You can rip a plate off whether its recessed or not...

There isn't a way to stop a plate being nicked. 'Security' screws took me all of about 2 minutes to remove. Plate holders snap easy. Sticky pads and Velcro can be pulled off.

Whats so good about the plate that people may want to nick it? Is it 'JOSH 1' or something? lol
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 08:11 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You can rip a plate off whether its recessed or not...

There isn't a way to stop a plate being nicked. 'Security' screws took me all of about 2 minutes to remove. Plate holders snap easy. Sticky pads and Velcro can be pulled off.

Whats so good about the plate that people may want to nick it? Is it 'JOSH 1' or something? lol
Qft.

If someones determined to steal your plates, they'll steal them, and short of actually catching them at it, there's not much you can do about it. Security screws and such like will only slow them down, but they can help to deter would be thieves.

Why not just smooth everything else except the plate recess? This is something I don't understand about people that smooth they're bumpers, can't be that difficult to leave the recess for the plate, then you've still got somewhere for you plate to go. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2014, 10:29 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(24-09-2014, 08:11 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You can rip a plate off whether its recessed or not...

Qft.

If someones determined to steal your plates, they'll steal them, and short of actually catching them at it, there's not much you can do about it. Security screws and such like will only slow them down, but they can help to deter would be thieves.

Why not just smooth everything else except the plate recess? This is something I don't understand about people that smooth they're bumpers, can't be that difficult to leave the recess for the plate, then you've still got somewhere for you plate to go. Wink

Now you gave me an idea! Thanks wingnutz, i might just do that..

Lol tom, no it is acutally my initials for my real name haha..
[Image: Cropped%20pic.png]
The Black PH3 Angel
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shark-fin aerial? C.A.R. 4 1,354 15-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Eeyore