Techno wizards pdf/powerpoint help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Techno wizards pdf/powerpoint help
Really quickly - my next uni piece we need to produce a HUUUGE poster to show our research, part of my literature is a youtube clip from the beloved government...

Here's the issue - guidelines say we got to use powerpoint, thats fine, i can embed videos on that, but then we also have to save as a PDF... Can i embed a video in powerpoint and also have it embedded into adobe/pdf form?

whether that means creating a second file alltogether and editing a video into the adobe file?

hope this makes sense... thanks
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Essentially no, you cannot embed a video in a PDF, however, you can provide a clickable link... That's about the best you can do, you might even want to take a snap of the youtube window, then hyperlink it, so it looks like it's embedded, but it's not, all you're doing is clicking on a picture that will then wang up a browser window and play the video...

If it's absolutely CRITICAL to the outcome of the presentation/essay, I would avoid it, there's reason for them to mark down if they are on a computer without internet whilst marking it...

That's my view on it though.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Ruan, no, videos are not essential and would just be one of those "oh he's gone that bit further marks" as most of it is purely litereature and maybe a pic...

Hm... in that case then, i think i will grab an image cap and hyperlink it in, see how that comes out.

Cheers mate!
Thanks given by:
Ruan's right - you can't embed moving pictures in a pdf. However, if you wanted to make sure you get the effort marks even if the markers can't look at the video (for whatever reason) you could give a brief synopsis of the parts of the video that are most important to your point.
Thanks given by:
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Ruan's right - you can't embed moving pictures in a pdf. However, if you wanted to make sure you get the effort marks even if the markers can't look at the video (for whatever reason) you could give a brief synopsis of the parts of the video that are most important to your point.

ah good thinking, may put it seperate to the main literature body...
Thanks given by:
Sounds sensible that, Ginge, they'll appreciate you've gone the extra mile and put extra thought in it. I might not have learnt much in my life but after five years in uni I know what gets you the good marks! Wink Good luck with the assignment. Smile
Thanks given by:
As said, I'd do a screen cap of the video and hyperlink it. I'd also put a caption on it saying 'click the picture above to be shown ...' etc, so when it's in pdf form it's clear that there is a video there Smile
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:As said, I'd do a screen cap of the video and hyperlink it. I'd also put a caption on it saying 'click the picture above to be shown ...' etc, so when it's in pdf form it's clear that there is a video there Smile

ok, so i've hyperlinked this to the video - i think

saved the youtube address, hyperlinked to that video - it is now linked to it but only through right clicking it? Correct?

Also, will this hyperlink correspond once uploaded online at a later stage, as it's hyperlinked from a file on my PC, make sense?
Thanks given by:
That should be fine, hyperlinks will stay active in PDF files so unless the video gets taken down it'll stay there Smile
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:That should be fine, hyperlinks will stay active in PDF files so unless the video gets taken down it'll stay there Smile

what a beaut - cheers!
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:As said, I'd do a screen cap of the video and hyperlink it. I'd also put a caption on it saying 'click the picture above to be shown ...' etc, so when it's in pdf form it's clear that there is a video there Smile

^^ this!
Thanks given by:
i agree with what everyone else said Smile
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Fooby Wrote:i agree with what everyone else said Smile

Cool story bro....
Thanks given by:
Ok, so this is how it stands...

followed uni specs for it... rediculous size to it, with the centre image hyperlinked and a synopsis included.

[Image: su5w5.png]
Thanks given by:
FYI - Quoting yourself is gay.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:FYI - Quoting yourself is gay.

quoting myself?
Thanks given by:
Not sure about the colours or the layout... Sad sorry, its up to you of course... and content is more important anyway Wink
Thanks given by:
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Not sure about the colours or the layout... Sad sorry, its up to you of course... and content is more important anyway Wink

yeh that was a REALLY quick mock up to get something down, got a few more pieces to get done, so if i get time to adhust the aesthetics, i'll see what i can do.

any colours in particular take your like? (colours are a ladies thing Wink )
Thanks given by:
You're involved in your quote in your sig...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:You're involved in your quote in your sig...

oh, im sorry..

surely mentioning YOUR car is also self quoting?

anyway, petty talk, grow up...
Thanks given by:
I was having banter...

But seen as we're gone all serious - f*ck YOU THEN.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:I was having banter...

But seen as we're gone all serious - f*ck YOU THEN.

...it's really banter'ish.. :| personal remarks often isn't classed as "banter"

same difference ey
Thanks given by:
If I maybe had said "You're an absolute idiot for quoting yourself, I can't believe you've done that, you look like such a twat, I hate you now"

That's a personal comment...

"FYI - Quoting yourself is gay"

Do you really think I wanted to offend with the insult as "is gay"....?
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:If I maybe had said "You're an absolute idiot for quoting yourself, I can't believe you've done that, you look like such a lady garden, I hate you now"

That's a personal comment...

"FYI - Quoting yourself is gay"

Do you really think I wanted to offend with the insult as "is gay"....?

Ruan

Forum Helper

'nuf said
Thanks given by:
So wait a minute, I give you help within 30 minutes of posting, of genuine advice, decide it might be a laugh to have some banter about the fact you'd quoted yourself in your signature, take it the wrong way, and now there's comments about the fact I'm a Forum Helper...

Seriously...?
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:So wait a minute, I give you help within 30 minutes of posting, of genuine advice, decide it might be a laugh to have some banter about the fact you'd quoted yourself in your signature, take it the wrong way, and now there's comments about the fact I'm a Forum Helper...

Seriously...?

In short, yeh, you give some geniuine advice throughout this thread and others, mentioned and appreciated, then quote me being gay for quoting myself :| i'd expect it from connor and flynn...
Thanks given by:
Lighten up buddy....

I thought most people on the forum had realised to take what I say with a pinch of salt by now?

I thought that by most of my posts trying to HELP people, I'd be let off for a bit of banter every so often...
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Lighten up buddy....

I thought most people on the forum had realised to take what I say with a pinch of salt by now?

I thought that by most of my posts trying to HELP people, I'd be let off for a bit of banter every so often...

No offence ruan, i've never seen any banter from your edge - always a very serious, knowledgeable 'poster' (lol), apologies for snapping, and if it was banter, apologies again.
Thanks given by:
Ha ha ginger wars lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Ha ha ginger wars lol

Where's Scott when you need him..... ninja
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software wizards - dieing PC ginge191 5 1,389 30-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: ginge191