PAS Pump query

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAS Pump query
Ok, so i've possibly got a spare PAS pump coming to me, but I need to clear up a couple of queries before money exchanges. Bare with me if these aren't the greatest pictures in the world, I can get different ones of my car if necessary, but hopefully they should be good enough for now. lol

Basically, not long back, one of the mounts on my Aux bracket broke, leaving my PAS pump flapping around in the wind. Not great. Anyway, its now held on by 3 bolts, two in the bottom and one in the top:

[attachment=19062]

You can also see the broken mount in that pic. Now, even when all the mounts are intact, the 4th bolt hole on the pump won't line up with the bracket...so the question is, is this normal? Or have i got the wrong pump for my bracket? The spare pump that McGlynn has got is also held on by 3 bolts, as well as the one he has on his car (apparently). Seems a bit odd to me, but then at the end of the day, it is french, and they never seem to do anything the conventional way! lmao

The other query is that the aux bracket i'm potentially buying is a non-ac variant. This would have been a problem, if the previous owner hadn't already removed the AC pump and the majority of the related gubbins, but obviously left the ac aux bracket in place. Am i right in thinking this should be a nice simple, straight swap?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They are usually on with only 3. 2 on belt side and 1 non belt side. Multi fitment
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair enough....still seems a bit random though tbh. lol
Thanks given by:
For once that makes sense to me....one PAS pump for lots of engines...shame they didnt do that with the alternators
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 07:56 AM)Piggy Wrote: shame they didnt do that with the alternators

They do - there's only about three different styles of alternator used on over 20 years of different XU series engines! PSA are useless for many things, but one thing they are excellent for is making things nicely interchangeable and keeping fitments broadly common across a given range.

Honestly, you should try some other marques if you want a headache with things like a dozen different fitting ancillaries for a single model.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I can assure its more than that. I bought 3 ph2 xud turbo alternators, all different, before finding a fourth that fitted. That was after trying two different ph1 dturbo alternators!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
How did you manage that!? Ally doesn't just tend to snap!! lol

As above though, they're only 3 bolts as standard.
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 09:06 AM)Piggy Wrote: I can assure its more than that. I bought 3 ph2 xud turbo alternators, all different, before finding a fourth that fitted. That was after trying two different ph1 dturbo alternators!

I said XU not XUD.

Still, four or five different XUD alternators over what, best part of 20 years? Still pretty damned good. Atleast one of those is shared with an XU too - the 80's engines are super easy as one alternator fits pretty much everything XU/XUD!

Your problem is more that you've used parts from various cars making a Frankenstein which makes life very difficult if you don't make a careful note of exactly what cars the parts came from in the first place. Can hardly blame Peugeot for that. I bet you'd have had no issue at all getting an alternator for the original engine in the car when you could specify the age and particulars.

As I said, try some other marques if you want a nightmare finding the right parts - you'll get those four or five alternators used on a particular model with a single series of engine sometimes!
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
(16-09-2014, 09:16 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How did you manage that!? Ally doesn't just tend to snap!! lol

As above though, they're only 3 bolts as standard.

I don't know tbh, everyone that was at FCS will confirm that the pas pump was making an awful graunching noise all the time the engine was running, then one day I noticed it went quiet all of a sudden, and that was the sight that greeted me!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pipe Query RA306 5 1,663 18-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Last Post: RA306
  R70 pump query Paul_13 10 2,270 04-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Last Post: craig306
  Remap query Chris306 2 890 17-04-2015, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Poodle