A/c

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A/c
Hi all.
I don`t know if I`m posting in the right sector. My A/c light button switches itself on if I move the air vent to screen position. Does anyone else have same problem or cure.? It also switches on when ignition is turned on. Yes my a/c is working fineSleepy
Thanks given by:
This is normal as when you have blowers on the screen it's when you're trying to clear it.
Thanks given by:
Yer they all do it mate confused me like f*ck for ages :L
Thanks given by:
Yep, as above, it's standard issue. Just ignore it, i'd bet the AC doesnt work anyway? lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's so annoying as it's always randomly turning on, mine works suprisingly and is ice cold Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Treasure that fact mate! Rare to find a 306 with working air-con these days!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
It doesn't randomly turn on lol.

If any of you bothered to read the handbook it says in there. Tongue

1. If the air distribution control is in the windscreen de-icing position, the air conditioning system will start operating automatically when the engine is switched on.

2. If the air flow control is in the AUTO position, and air recirculation is selected, air conditioning will start automatically in order to prevent condensation on the windows.

3. When you switch on the ignition, the air conditioning will automatically return to the operating mode it was in when it was last used.

4. If the inside temperature is greatly different from the required temperature displayed and the outside temperature is above 5 °C the air conditioning will switch on automatically regardless of the position of the air flow control. When the ignition is switched on, if the system had been in air recirculation mode, the system will automatically allow entry of outside air unless the temperature inside the vehicle is over 30 °C

But yes I agree, its a complete pain in the arse. lol Even worse when the AC don't even work but the damn light still comes on! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
I did read about the difference in temp outside/inside causing it to turn on automatically, just annoying having to keep turning it off lol

Edit: yeah i realised how lucky i am having working a/c after being on the forum for the first few days lol
Thanks given by:
When my ac light comes on I think good try car but with no pump on you aint gonna get far
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: