Cat B writre off query unsure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cat B writre off query unsure
Hi there,

Basically my car was wrote off back in march as a cat b but I have been told that it can but put back on the road if it isn't bad enough but my insurance is saying it only good for parts and the body has to be crushed. But looking over it, it only seems to need a rear beam, driver side rear door and the rear quarter repaired. Doing my research on the internet people seem to have a split opinion on it some agree with my insurance and some say repair it vic it and then mot it and it will be fine. I would love to be able to put it back on the road as I spent ages trying to find the right one with low mileage and it has only now got 74k on it. I want to see people's opinion's on this if i should attempt to try and get it back on the road. Here a few pics of the car and the damage.

Cheers for any info people can provide.

[img][Image: 20140909_155140.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 20140909_155057.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 20140909_155206.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 20140909_155215.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 1619487_10153925028985026_1907414287_n.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: 1623569_10153925029160026_1311738643_n.jpg][/img]
Thanks given by:
Cat A and B can never be put back on the road.. only a cat B Can be used for parts
Thanks given by:
I thought the above, however Cat B can go back on the road, I argued this for hours & was proved wrong by officials....
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 07:35 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I thought the above, however Cat B can go back on the road, I argued this for hours & was proved wrong by officials....

Things must of change.. we used to but write offs down the garage and only cat c and d could be back on the road Confused
Thanks given by:
I thought the same mate.
Thanks given by:
Category B: body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road.

Taken from:

http://www.rac.co.uk/community/blog/rac-...-write-off
Thanks given by:
Yea that what is meant to be but some people say they have managed to get there cat b back on the road on pistonheads. Do you think it is worth my time to go and talk to someone in the vic centre which is only 15 mins down the road from me?
Thanks given by:
Where are you based? And how much do you want for the whole front end?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I always thought D and C can go back on the road, B is for parts use only and A must be crushed as is
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Tbh, with the money you'd need to put into making that perfect again, it's just not worth it anyway.

I also wasn't aware you could put cat B back OTR, but might be able to have it re-assessed as Cat C first?
Thanks given by:
Cheers for all your help, I did look into it properly and it could potentially go back on the road but the time and money it would cost the car not worth it plus I was told insurance would be hard to come by for it. So I'm going to pull the engine and clean it up and do some modifications to it while it out and have myself a little winter project and put it into another car. I will put up a tread in the next week or two for the rest of the parts to be stripped and sold before it goes to it grave

(11-09-2014, 09:37 PM)Connor Wrote: Where are you based? And how much do you want for the whole front end?

I'm based in Warrington and the bonnet has some weird mark on it and the passenger wing has a small scuff right on the lip of it and I don't know what it worth but I'm open to offers. Pm me if you want more info
Thanks given by:
Dibs on seats/doorcards
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2014, 07:39 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Category B: body shell should be crushed. Signifies extensive damage, although some parts are salvageable. Should never re-appear on road.

Taken from:

http://www.rac.co.uk/community/blog/rac-...-write-off

the operative word there is "SHOULD" . . . ..they don't like it, but you can . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2014, 04:02 PM)Iceman299 Wrote: Dibs on seats/doorcards

Have you got any other form of contact as I can't reply to the pm as I don't have a 100 posts yet
Thanks given by:
You better get posting! Lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Want a 306 Estate, unsure of what's the best engine? tigerstyle 27 5,693 28-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore